You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

1 minute ago, manwiththestick said:

How much do they have to pay for that Beto next season, what a good deal that was.

They probably pay him in carrots the frigging donkey.

Its probably over a few seasons but the fee was 25ml, as far as i read Chermeti was bought the same way and he was another 13ml. So its around 38ml spent and it was all on deferred payments for 7 months accoring to the Atheltic so they will start paying now in the new financial year

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

The Brick acting like the Rock talking about themselves in the third person.

The people’s club can’t tell the people’s arse from the people's elbow. 

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

That's a good point for them that under the circumstances. 

They could have lost 13-0 and they still won't go down given the dross below them.

Unless of course their cheating is suitably punished in coming days - even then i still feel they will survive.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

That's a good point for them that under the circumstances. 

Depends on the points deduction they get this time but i suspect it will probably be about 4 points or something

1 minute ago, an tha said:

Unless of course their cheating is suitably punished in coming days - even then i still feel they will survive.

Yeah if they where to get a massive one like 12 points or something then they would be in quite big trouble but lets be honest they wont get anything like that

5 minutes ago, col06 said:

Depends on the points deduction they get this time but i suspect it will probably be about 4 points or something

It won't be enough. The only way they go down is if they go into administration. I've just had a look at who they have left. It is an interesting run in as they play them all around them. And there's maybe only one game which at the moment doesn't look like the other team have something on it. 

Starting on Saturday

Screenshot_20240402_214954_FotMob.jpg

They're down there for a reason though. Fingers crossed they lose against a couple of their rivals. Five point deduction and who knows.

Anyway I think if not this year then next. As I've said before better teams coming up, no money to spend, another year on the legs plus the psychological challenge of a third ( or is it forth) relegation fight. 

On 30/03/2024 at 17:55, Denny Crane said:

Fail to win against Newcastle and Dyche will move clear of Mike Walker.

Just one short of the all-time record.

What a time to be alive. What a time to be a Blue.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Just one short of the all-time record.

What a time to be alive. What a time to be a Blue.

Never shone so brightly.

• Haha 1

The cunts can get 2 separate deductions, not win in 13 matches and still be outside the bottom 3. They're unflushable, even next season promoted 3 look like guaranteeing them another free year.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Part of their defence is it should be less as they've already been punished for 2 years. 

But now we know that their latest accounts are even worse, there's an argument to hit them harder for not making a serious attempt at sorting their mess out.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

But now we know that their latest accounts are even worse, there's an argument to hit them harder for not making a serious attempt at sorting their mess out.

Particularly when part of their mitigation case last time was that they were turning things round.  They’ve had another year to try to achieve compliance but their breach has just worsened.  

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Part of their defence is it should be less as they've already been punished for 2 years. 

Won't wash IMO.

I'd argue doing it again after mess they were in and how league guided them and fact they tried to bullshit it means they should be hammered.

But we'll see.

19 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

That would be a normal point of view. 

9 minutes ago, an tha said:

Won't wash IMO.

I'd argue doing it again after mess they were in and how league guided them and fact they tried to bullshit it means they should be hammered.

But we'll see.

I don't disagree. I'm just saying what they're arguing and will use as their defence. Most bloos I know think they'll get zero deduction. They have convinced themselves last time was 2 points per year, so as they've had the 2 points for 2 of the years, they can't have them again. And they'll get the 2 points back for the last year because they've cooperated. Personally I think they'll get 6 points again. Perhaps 4 if they have cooperated, but most likely not as they haven't turned things around.