You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

10 minutes ago, Ron B said:

Supposedly Calvert-Lewin is on £100k per week. I don’t see any teams fighting for promotion who are flush with cash, whereas Everton will be desperate to get rid of him. It’s easy to envisage him leaving on the cheap just so that they can get his wages off the books. 

He only got a year left aswell so that reduces his fee further

8 hours ago, an tha said:

As an example the generally reported player salaries for the shite were about 86m or so - but their actual overall wage bill is 159m.

I know this because i had a row with a bitter mate who was claiming that their wages to turnover figure was circa 50% based on the 86m figure.

I don't know exactly how it all breaks down for any club to be honest - and i must say i was surprised to see numbers as were but i suppose it depends when see these player salary figures that are generally circulated of those numbers like the 86m for the shite are just 1st team squad....so once you start adding on all the managers, coaches, medical, data, etc etc etc and at all the different levels and then all the other staff throughout clubs i suppose it adds up quickly - like the 73m that takes the shite up to a total of 159m out of a turnover of 172m and 92% in total.

I've just quickly read Everton's accounts. I can't see anywhere they separate out players wages from other wages, except directors. 

It does say if they insourced catering and retail, their turnover to wage ratio would reduce from 92% to 89%. 

They also say in player trading section that amortisation for the year was 77.6m . 

Screenshot_20240403_204513_Adobe Acrobat~2.jpg

Screenshot_20240403_204618_Adobe Acrobat~2.jpg

Screenshot_20240403_204839_Adobe Acrobat~2.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

Onana and Braithwaite yes teams will pay good money. But Pickford I'm not sure Ourselves,both mancs clubs, Arsenal, Spurs,Villa all have keepers. Newcastle won't touch him with the Sunderland links. Maybe West Ham buy they arnt paying huge money.  Dacoure will have clubs but he's 31 and it'll be peanuts. 

And who will pay good money for a 3/4 goal injury prone striker

Pickford has played 8 Premier League seasons and has been in a relegation fight for half of them.  Nobody in the top half of the table is paying for that useless prick.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Pickford has played 8 Premier League seasons and has been in a relegation fight for half of them.  Nobody in the top half of the table is paying for that useless prick.

I reckon the thing with Pickford is there's probably quite a few clubs in the top half who'd have him if he was on a bosman, but nobody would even pay the sort of fee Everton paid for him, let alone what they'd want. 

1 hour ago, Ron B said:

Supposedly Calvert-Lewin is on £100k per week. I don’t see any teams fighting for promotion who are flush with cash, whereas Everton will be desperate to get rid of him. It’s easy to envisage him leaving on the cheap just so that they can get his wages off the books. 

In 8 seasons he's got into double figures for Premier League goals twice; for this season and the previous two he's got a grand total of 11.  He's 27, so he's about as good now as he's ever going to be.

£100k a week.

Yeah, but, the reason they're in trouble is Premier League corruption.

19 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I reckon the thing with Pickford is there's probably quite a few clubs in the top half who'd have him if he was on a bosman, but nobody would even pay the sort of fee Everton paid for him, let alone what they'd want. 

Not as a first-choice: he's just not that good.  And certainly not for £110,000 a week.

2 hours ago, Megadrive Man said:

I'm still not convinced they will get more than 25. They've barely got any senior players available.

Luton have beaten Everton twice already this season, they will certainly do them at home.

IMG_0454.jpeg

31 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Not as a first-choice: he's just not that good.  And certainly not for £110,000 a week.

I dunno about that. He's better than loads of keepers in that top half. He's a bellend, he's got little arms and he's a danger to all forwards, but he's a better keeper than many. He wouldn't get a game for any of the top 5, but the rest he would. They may not be willing to pay 100k, we can agree on that. 

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

He only got a year left aswell so that reduces his fee further

They’ve got seven players earning £100k per week or more, 10 on £80k per week and over. They’ll be able to cut their wage bill in the summer, but they won’t be left with cash in the bank. 
Dele is totally shot despite somehow still only being 26.  
Doucoure is 31 and his career peaked when he moved to the Bloos. Ditto Tarkowski and Michael Keane, except that even their own fans don’t seem to rate either of them.

Gomes is 30 this summer and there’s a reason why Portugal stopped playing him six years ago.  
DCL is horrendously injury-prone, not a great goalscorer, and only has 18 months left on his deal. Gueye is 34 and out of contract in the summer. 
Jack Harrison is being paid £90k per week despite only being there on loan and being a very nothing player. So they’re paying the thick end of £4.5million to help out Leeds and won’t even have an asset to sell in the summer. 
Which leaves them with who? Pickford and Onana; they’ll be lucky to make their money back on the two of them. 
The more you look at them, the more they resemble Sunderland before they began their plummet through the divisions. Years of fighting the inevitable, then an absolute collapse. 
Source -  https://www.spotrac.com/epl/everton-fc/payroll/

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I dunno about that. He's better than loads of keepers in that too half. He's a bellend, he's got little arms and he's a danger to all forwards, but he's a better keeper than many. He wouldn't get a game for any of the top 5, but the rest he would. They may not be willing to pay 100k, we can agree on that. 

He may be a bit of a tit, but he's not a patch on Areola.

Pope and Dubravka are both better than him, as are Sanchez and Sa.

Like I say, there's a reason he's spent half his Premier League career in the relegation zone and has never qualified for Europe.

3 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

He may be a bit of a tit, but he's not a patch on Areola.

Pope and Dubravka are both better than him, as are Sanchez and Sa.

Like I say, there's a reason he's spent half his Premier League career in the relegation zone and has never qualified for Europe.

We'll agree to disagree there. I'd only have pope ahead of him and he's got nabi-itis. 

I think they’d get good money for Onana and Branthwaite - but the former is less promising for them as he was a big money signing only recently. Transfermarkt has a market valuation for him at £50m. If that’s true, he’ll still have £21m book value left (signed for £35m in 2022 on a 5yr contract) so they’d stand to only make £29m back. Branthwaite is their crown jewel, he’s almost certainly off this summer. The same site value him at £30m and that’s pure profit (or less loss in Everton’s case)

Beyond that? Pickford is a decent keeper, but he’s 30 and most of the big spenders are sorted in that position, a position which doesn’t need multiple options in squads. Calvert-Lewin is a decent striker, but he’s got a lot of question marks on fitness and consistency (not to mention application - and not long left on his current deal).

I guess Garner and McNeil, plus Mykolenko are pretty young and have some proven premier league experience so they might go for £10/£15m apiece. But the rest of their first XI are pretty old, or complete nonentity’s. Or both.

3 hours ago, sir roger said:

My cousin was telling me they have teams fighting for their great players like Pickford, Branflakes, Onana, Doucoure and DCL. I asked him how, if they had 5 great players how come they are absolute bilge. He could only come up with a Partridge shrug.

It is great that they have fallen so far that they see big clubs wanting their best players as a good thing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

I've just quickly read Everton's accounts. I can't see anywhere they separate out players wages from other wages, except directors. 

It does say if they insourced catering and retail, their turnover to wage ratio would reduce from 92% to 89%. 

They also say in player trading section that amortisation for the year was 77.6m . 

Screenshot_20240403_204513_Adobe Acrobat~2.jpg

Screenshot_20240403_204618_Adobe Acrobat~2.jpg

freestar

Screenshot_20240403_204839_Adobe Acrobat~2.jpg

Yeah - so we just don't know.

My guess is the 86m that we see in articles discussing wage bills is likely a guess/only covers first team squad.

But as we have already said we do know they are spending 92% of what they bring in as a club on wages

5 minutes ago, an tha said:

Yeah - so we just don't know.

My guess is the 86m that we see in articles discussing wage bills is likely a guess/only covers first team squad.

But as we have already said we do know they are spending 92% of what they bring in as a club on wages

I don't know where that 86m comes from though. It's not something I've seen. Have you got an article at says it?  

13 hours ago, Manny said:

I think they’d get good money for Onana and Branthwaite - but the former is less promising for them as he was a big money signing only recently. Transfermarkt has a market valuation for him at £50m. If that’s true, he’ll still have £21m book value left (signed for £35m in 2022 on a 5yr contract) so they’d stand to only make £29m back. Branthwaite is their crown jewel, he’s almost certainly off this summer. The same site value him at £30m and that’s pure profit (or less loss in Everton’s case)

Beyond that? Pickford is a decent keeper, but he’s 30 and most of the big spenders are sorted in that position, a position which doesn’t need multiple options in squads. Calvert-Lewin is a decent striker, but he’s got a lot of question marks on fitness and consistency (not to mention application - and not long left on his current deal).

I guess Garner and McNeil, plus Mykolenko are pretty young and have some proven premier league experience so they might go for £10/£15m apiece. But the rest of their first XI are pretty old, or complete nonentity’s. Or both.

Everton's sale prices will be nowhere near what they hope they will. Sale,Sale,Sale will be their desperate cry as buyers look to undercut as much as possible.

56 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

Pickford is crap but there are a lot of goal keeping jokers in this league. He will definitely be one of the easy ones for the shite to sell. 

the problem they will have with selling him, is their valuation against the reality of his worth. it's like there's talk they want 80m for branthwaite. decent prospect, but no chance. i don't think they would take less than 50m for pickford. at 30, he probably has 5+ years left in him. i don't see anyone paying that for him. i think they would be unlikely to sell for less - unless it's that or administration. 

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

the problem they will have with selling him, is their valuation against the reality of his worth. it's like there's talk they want 80m for branthwaite. decent prospect, but no chance. i don't think they would take less than 50m for pickford. at 30, he probably has 5+ years left in him. i don't see anyone paying that for him. i think they would be unlikely to sell for less - unless it's that or administration. 

They're 4 points clear of Luton with a game in hand. I'm not even sure that the 9 point hit for administration would send them down this season.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Code said:

Luton have beaten Everton twice already this season, they will certainly do them at home.

IMG_0454.jpeg

That was before Luton's injury crisis though.

They've got long term injuries to about eight of their best eleven.

I can't see Luton winning another game this season. 

14 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

United are interested in Branthwaite so they'll get somewhere between £60/70 million for him!