You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

An Epic Swindle by Brian Reade

Dougie Do'ins

Guest TK-421

Thanks.

Right, we've established that Carra said something (the details are somewhat sparse) against the owners at an SOS meeting. I'm glad he did. What I'm saying is that I wanted both him and Gerrard, as symbolic players of the club, to go on record the same way that Reina did and speak out. They didn't, and go down a bit in my estimations because of it. They are both grown-ups and can probably handle that, some people on this forum I'm not so sure can.

It seems you can get away with calling foreigners fat fucking cunts on this forum, but not question the motives of two local players.

Christ, Rashid was a bad bell at times.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TK-421

No disrespect to Kenny but I don't think his views would have carried the same weight as, for instance, Gerrard due to his...how do I say this...less public profile at the club at that particular time. If FSG start fucking about to a similar extent as the last owners I fully expect Kenny to fill us all in on the details.

Hang on, Dalglish's words supercede everyone when it comes to this football club. Whether he'd have been employed as the kit man or the driver, people listen to him. I think you're slightly underestimating just what he means to this club and the people who support it.

Guest TK-421

Now that he's manager again I agree. Before that, I'm not so sure. For example he more or less said Hodgson wasn't good enough but nobody really cared until the results started suffering. Then they sang his name.

No disrespect to Kenny but I don't think his views would have carried the same weight as, for instance, Gerrard due to his...how do I say this...less public profile at the club at that particular time. If FSG start fucking about to a similar extent as the last owners I fully expect Kenny to fill us all in on the details.

No offence but thats balls.

Carried as much weight? Our all time number one club legend (Still alive at least)

Do me a favour

Guest TK-421

It would have been helpful, I agree. But I think the captain and vice captain speaking up would have helped more, especially spreading the message to the younger generation who weren't born when Kenny was doing his thang in red.

Now that he's manager again I agree. Before that, I'm not so sure. For example he more or less said Hodgson wasn't good enough but nobody really cared until the results started suffering. Then they sang his name.

That's nonsense. There were Facebook groups, cross forum polls etc with the sole intention of putting forward Dalglish as our preferred managerial candidate.

For a lot of people, Dalglish's words merely backed up what they already knew about Hodgson, so there was no ignorance on anybody's part when it came to those comments.

Also, like I've said, it really doesn't matter what position Kenny Dalglish has at this club. He commands so much respect after what's gone before that people would listen to him read a dictionary.

It would have been helpful, I agree. But I think the captain and vice captain speaking up would have helped more, especially spreading the message to the younger generation who weren't born when Kenny was doing his thang in red.

I wasn't old enough to either see Dalglish play or appreciate everything he did in the aftermath of Hillsborough, but I know how much he means to everyone at this club. Everyone does.

some of the stuff serialised in the mirror is farcical, Hicks coming into the board room with the cowboy boots and the shit about gerrard marrying his partner Alex and being gay. How those two brainless twats ever got in the position to buy the club is beyond me.

im with ted on this one TK. Not about Dalglish but about the players not speaking out, they had their reasons, and not selfish ones, but ones of how they would be perceived by the fans.

Feeling more and more sorry for Rafa the more I learn about all this nonsense. No wonder he made some mistakes with all the pressure, dealing with two clowns as owners.

I don't feel sorry for him, and take exception to a number of comments. Two examples:

“These people need to remember that in a European sense we were the same as Atletico Madrid before we won the Champions League. Without that win we’d be nothing in Europe, nothing.”

So the 4 European Cups, and 3 UEFA Cups pre-2005 were the equivalent of "nothing" to him eh? Wtf had Atletico Madrid ever won in Europe by then?

Paco had gone. Why?

“He needed to go. He betrayed me.”

That was his answer to everybody who crossed him. Players, officials, board. Parry upset him. So he had to go. Riera crossed him. So he had to go. Pako crossed him. So he had to go. That was it. And they weren't the only ones.

We had problems, severe problems while G&H "ran" the club. No-one can deny that. But they're by no means the only incompetents running clubs, that have no transfer budget. Nevertheless, coach's have to work within the restrictions placed on them, and make the best of them. Rafa couldn't. He always wanted and demanded more and more and more. Despite the owners, he had his most power here in his last season, and we know how that panned out. We're still paying the price on the pitch.

When the King talks its gospel.

I cant believe someone would think someone else at the club or connected to us words hold more weight.

Only Shanks coming back from the dead could top The Kings position today

Think you're wrong about this. Kenny was less of a public figure and whilst to you or me his ideas mean more than Gerrard's or Carragher's, to the multitude of Liverpool fans who 'follow' the club but really have fuck all idea or inclination to find out about things like ownership and finance, Gerrard's words - or Carragher's carry infinitely more weight, because they're of contemporary, tangible importance.

Your average ill-educated fan would see Dalglish speaking about the owners as another undercurrent of something they know nothing about. On the other hand, if Stevie comes out and says to the press 'we need to invest or I'll have to leave', or Carragher starts bemoaning the actions of the owners building the stadium or inactivity in the transfer market then - hang on - suddenly one of the star names they see on TV week-on-week is talking about something that's happening with the club, and it's not very good.

Irrespective, however, of whether or not their words would have had an impact, they still should have done more to try to raise the profile of the problem simply because they love the club and what was happening to it was not right. As it was, Pepe, Torres and of course Benitez were those (in the team) who predominantly highlighted the problems with the owners.

Um...

But why even bring parry into the babel transfer he didn't decide to buy him, the manager signs the players, takes credit for the success and has to take blame for the failures. Rafa said the same when keane didn't work out it was the club bought him not him, and no doubt he'll absolve himself of Aqualani also, while we've Paul Tomkins saying last weekend we wouldn't have Suarez and Carroll if it wasn't for Rafa as Rafa bought Torres,

If we did pay £2m for babel to much so be it the fact he was signed was the issue as he's shit, we got a bargain in yossi don't see why he thinks we overpaid there.

I'm not doubting Rafa was screwed over with money most certinly in 2009 just clarifying a gun wasn't held to his head to sign the disasters he did.

Anyway the book certinly should open alot of eyes, I hope Alan Myers makes sure he reads it.

But why even bring parry into the babel transfer he didn't decide to buy him, the manager signs the players, takes credit for the success and has to take blame for the failures. Rafa said the same when keane didn't work out it was the club bought him not him, and no doubt he'll absolve himself of Aqualani also, while we've Paul Tomkins saying last weekend we wouldn't have Suarez and Carroll if it wasn't for Rafa as Rafa bought Torres,

If we did pay £2m for babel to much so be it the fact he was signed was the issue as he's shit, we got a bargain in yossi don't see why he thinks we overpaid there.

I'm not doubting Rafa was screwed over with money most certinly in 2009 just clarifying a gun wasn't held to his head to sign the disasters he did.

Anyway the book certinly should open alot of eyes, I hope Alan Myers makes sure he reads it.

Benitez plus scouts identify the player, the CEO makes the deal.

Benitez wanted to sign Babel but believes we paid over the odds for the player.

Benitez has more or less admitted the Aquilani signing was a mistake and i'm pretty sure he said he wanted the signing of Keane but not for the money we paid.

To me it is Benitez is pointing out the obvious in that Rick Parry was fairly fucking crap at his job.

Benitez plus scouts identify the player, the CEO makes the deal.

Benitez wanted to sign Babel but believes we paid over the odds for the player.

Benitez has more or less admitted the Aquilani signing was a mistake and i'm pretty sure he said he wanted the signing of Keane but not for the money we paid.

To me it is Benitez is pointing out the obvious in that Rick Parry was fairly fucking crap at his job.

I don't remember him admitting anything about Aqualani anyway it's going off subject my fault there.

Hard to argue with your last bit anyway.