You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

fowler9

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that these players will start for sure:

Reina, Kelly, Skrtel, Carra, Johnson, Lucas, Meireles, Kuyt, Ngog

The other 2 places depend on fitness of players ( Agger), or our formation and tactics. There could start another defender if we play with 3 CB´s , Poulsen if we pay 4-2-3-1 and I would definitely start Cole ahead of Maxi who is awful.

I am going for 4-2-3-1 with :

Reina

Kelly Carragher Skrtel Johnson

Poulsen Leiva

Kuyt Meireles Cole

Ngog

-----------------------Reina---------------------

---------carra---------skrtel-----------agger-----

kelly-------------------lucas-------------------GI Jo

-----------maxi--------meireles------cole----------

------------------------kuyt-----------------------

If 2 players exist out there in football-land that have had more abject games in 1 season than Kuyt and Maxi have had for us this year - then i'd like to know who they are.

Due to injures, former strikers being bad cunts and previously shambolic ownership, both will probably start in this game. Dirk normally does ok once in a while so lets hope this is it, i've given up an Maxi altogether tho - so i'd like to see Joe Cole given a go - but Kenny said earlier he doesn't want to rush him back after his injury, so i'd say its unlikely. I imagine we'll line up like this -

---------------Reina---------------

Kelly-------Carra----Skrtel-----Johnson

----------Poulsen---Lucas------------

Kuyt----------Meireles-----------Maxi

--------------NGog-------------------

Either that or Dirk up with Ngog in a 4-4-2

If 2 players exist out there in football-land that have had more abject games in 1 season than Kuyt and Maxi have had for us this year - then i'd like to know who they are.

Sadly due to injures, former strikers being bad cunts and having previously shambolic owners, both will probably start in this game. Dirk normally does ok once in a while so lets hope this is it, i've given up an Maxi altogether tho - so i'd like to see Joe Cole given a go - but Kenny said earlier he doesn't want to rush him back after his injury, so i'd say its unlikely. I imagine we'll line up like this -

---------------Reina---------------

Kelly-------Carra----Skrtel-----Johnson

----------Poulsen---Lucas------------

Kuyt----------Meireles-----------Maxi

--------------NGog-------------------

Either that or Dirk up with Ngog in a 4-4-2

Dirk must be doing something right, they're discussing a new contract with him.

Dirk must be doing something right, they're discussing a new contract with him.

He's a managers dream. And his commitment to us is unquestionable, therefore i would fully expect to see him here for the rest of his career. Doesn't mean he should be, but thats a debate for another day.

Should you doubt what i say about his utterly woeful performances this season - consult the MOM game Morse does after every match. You will find the supporters of this very football club have deemed him our most effective player once this season. We've so far played 40 games. He is 13th on the list of points accumulated. I would argue this is not acceptable for someone who plays every single game. His mate on the other wing is our 21st most effective player. If ever a point was confirmed by a statistic, this should be it. Neither of them should be in the team based on performance but they are, and as long as the results are positive - i would expect them to stay there. Its not to say i wouldn't like to see someone else given a go tho.

He's a managers dream. And his commitment to us is unquestionable, therefore i would fully expect to see him here for the rest of his career. Doesn't mean he should be, but thats a debate for another day.

Should you doubt what i say about his utterly woeful performances this season - consult the MOM game Morse does after every match. You will find the supporters of this very football club have deemed him our most effective player once this season. We've so far played 40 games. He is 13th on the list of points accumulated. I would argue this is not acceptable for someone who plays every single game. His mate on the other wing is our 21st most effective player. If ever a point was confirmed by a statistic, this should be it. Neither of them should be in the team based on performance but they are, and as long as the results are positive - i would expect them to stay there. Its not to say i wouldn't like to see someone else given a go tho.

fair point, well made.

I don't think comparing dirk with maxi is fair though. Maxi frequently does absolutely nothing in an attacking sense or defensively whereas Dirk always contributes at least defensively. While that's not high up on the list of what you'd expect from a forward this is what Dirk gives us every game and occasionally but often in big games he comes up with the attacking good also.

With Gerrard probably injured, Carroll and Suarez unavailable, Pacheco and Ngog not up to it I don't think we've much choice.

assume by this you mean Maxi and this suprises me quite a lot as around october/november/december he was actually very good, they might not be all exciting and match winners but they are however reliable and all top teams need players like them however as much as I like them both we shouldnt have both playing at the same time (at least not on the wings)

I hope to see pacheco out there tonight. Don't think it will happen though. And maybe cole ahead of maxi. He hasen't been preforming lately.

------------------Reina------------------

------carra-------skrtel--------agger-----

kelly--------------lucas---------------johnsen

-------pacheco----meireles---cole-------

----------------kuyt--------------

1-0: Pacheco :p

assume by this you mean Maxi and this suprises me quite a lot as around october/november/december he was actually very good, they might not be all exciting and match winners but they are however reliable and all top teams need players like them however as much as I like them both we shouldnt have both playing at the same time (at least not on the wings)

Maxi scored 2-3 goals during those months but was garbage also at that time. He had one great game, one o.k and 3 awful ones out of 5. Now he has 10 awful out of 10 for 3 months already and still getting on the pitch.

Cole, Pacheco, Jovanovic or anyone else can´t be as bad and useless as Maxi is

-----------------------Reina---------------------

---------carra---------skrtel-----------agger-----

kelly-------------------lucas-------------------GI Jo

-----------maxi--------meireles------cole----------

------------------------kuyt-----------------------

That would be our best eleven with the players we have available.