You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres mega-thread

cole7

If Torres is forcing the issue, having made clear back in December that he wasn't planning on going anywhere and having clearly relished Dalglish's return as manager, then there will be an underlying reason. Why will he have become so disillusioned? I doubt very much he is motivated purely by monetary gain, so how to explain it? Sid Lowe's a Reds fan and an extremely reputable and honest journalist, and he's making it clear that Torres is unhappy at the absence of investment, or any sign of intent, from the owners.

So basically you think Torres is an angel and FSG will be the cunts if Torres is sold. See what I mean? You have an agenda already.

As for absence of investment, well, looks like we have just spunked £23m on Suarez.

The fact the club has actually revealed there was a bid (and that they turned it down) has me concerned. Maybe I'm just being daft, but if there was no chance of him going, why would we bring attention to it?

Also maybe the reason we upped our bids on the other players to soften the blow

Not too arsed tbh. It's a win-win. Only issue is getting a replacement before the window shut. Not Suarez.

Aye

Couple of seasons ago I would have fumed even at the thought of him leaving. But now? Not too arsed.

You are right though, we need to buy a proper replacement soonish, if he goes. In addition to Torres.

I can understand him wanting to move on, we've been a disaster zone for the last couple of years until a few months ago. It's probably a long-term rebuilding process so again I can understand a world class striker not wanting to strut his stuff in the euro cup at best.

It's not even the fact that its Chelsea, oh alright, that fucks me off. It's the timing, it couldn't be more selfish to do this a couple of days before the end of the transfer window.

Would it really have been that big a deal to see the season out and go with a bit of respect for the supporters?

How is he a mercenary for wanting to win trophies?

If he thinks Chelsea are going to win trophies imminently then fair play to him. I don't think they will though, personally. I think we will win the CL again before they do.

Hope he has as good a career post-us as Owen did.