You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

To all those posters who think Carra is past it and shouldn't be playing anymore....

Carradona

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't call it sickening, that's very much an Antynwa sort of comment. Drama queen type.

Sickening is getting your nuts nailed to a board by an evil dictator because you don't agree with his policies.

Or getting your head chopped off because your a white farmer in Zimbabwe.

It's a bit shambolic yes, sickening no.

In the context of a Football Forum it's sickening. In the context of, say, child rape, it isn't.

But we're on a Football Forum, so that's the fucking context we should be observing. I don't write stuff on here and wonder if it's really worth caring about because children in Africa have AIDS.

Excellent display from him yesterday and he worked so well with Kelly and Skrtel. I think the enforced rest he has had will prove to be a blessing for us in the next 12 weeks. How many sides in the league have a new signing of his quality to call on after the transfer window? I thought he looked quicker and stronger than he has done for a while yesterday and he had dogbreath in his pocket all game which is a testament to his ability considering how that battle has turned out in the past.

Anyone who disparages Carragher when he's having a tough spell has no business slagging off a player who chooses to ditch us in pursuit of his own career aims, because it is the height of hypocracy. Loyalty goes both ways - and nobody deserves it more.

Very good point.

Anyone who disparages Carragher when he's having a tough spell has no business slagging off a player who chooses to ditch us in pursuit of his own career aims, because it is the height of hypocracy. Loyalty goes both ways - and nobody deserves it more.

Amen, brother.

Couldn't have said it any better. :thumbup:

It's a fine line between been perceived to be just having a go at a player for the sake of it, and commenting on poor performances. No player should be above criticism, but as long as it's constructive. Just slagging off an honest and loyal player is daft, but I don't think there is anything wrong with picking out and discussing bad performances. People refusing to discuss it is almost as bad as the idiots who slaughter a player for no reason.

Carra deserves all our respect and loyalty. But he shouldn't be above fair analysis if he is not performing.

It's a fine line between been perceived to be just having a go at a player for the sake of it, and commenting on poor performances. No player should be above criticism, but as long as it's constructive. Just slagging off an honest and loyal player is daft, but I don't think there is anything wrong with picking out and discussing bad performances. People refusing to discuss it is almost as bad as the idiots who slaughter a player for no reason.

Carra deserves all our respect and loyalty. But he shouldn't be above fair analysis if he is not performing.

Spot on Johnny. I for one, personally think Carra could play for another 2 years at a good level. But I know hes getting old. Same as Gerrard, scares the fuck out of me thinking about a Liverpool without them 2 being there. But eventually the time will come we'll just have to move on.

...you know fuck all.

We lack any sense of organisation at the back without him. We also lack the "last ditch tackle" type of defender too.

Go and have a long, hard think about ever doubting the man. If you still think he is past it and not of any worth to us, then you really need to follow a different sport.

we had clean sheets in the preceeding three games

you are full of it

Right, Carragher was utter class yesterday.

IF he keeps that up then he's a shoe-in every week. In fact, with us playing 3 centre backs, he's a shoe-in anyway.

But it doesn't change the fact he's 33 and has little pace. He will always be exposed in a 4-4-2, though his last ditch challenges offer a get-out-of-jail-free card for the most part.

By all means, revel in displays like yesterday, but let's not lose sight of the fact that he's winding down, we still need to keep an eye on the future.

For me, if we're playing 3 at the back then it's a perfect environment to get Wilson involved. He's much less exposed and pressured in this formation, he should play a game or get 30 minutes.

But...fucking fair play Carra, that was a boss display.

The game yesterday was tailor made for him and he was outstanding. I don't think he's up to playing three games a week to that sort of standard, anymore than Sami was at his age, though.

Time to start saving Carragher for certain games, and rotating him, just like we used to with Hyypia. Particularly when the Europa League starts up again. None of this Hodgson nonsense of playing him for the first half in Napoli and then taking him off at half time so he can play at the weekend.