You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

To all those posters who think Carra is past it and shouldn't be playing anymore....

Carradona

...you know fuck all.

We lack any sense of organisation at the back without him. We also lack the "last ditch tackle" type of defender too.

Go and have a long, hard think about ever doubting the man. If you still think he is past it and not of any worth to us, then you really need to follow a different sport.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Carradona in 'less smellier shit is better than really smelly shit' shocker.

I'm not changing my opinions on Carra based on Skrtel being a walking nightmare. We still need to sign a commanding, dynamic centre back with pace. Nothing is going to change that.

Yes, I would rather have Carra than Skrtel in the side. At the same time, I'd rather have Wilson ahead of them both.

Fuck me Skrtel is shite. Has he got post traumatic stress disorder or something? He's like a Nam veteran with flashbacks and bangs going off in his head, I swear I saw him ducking as he thought a chopper was coming in tonight.

Carradona in 'less smellier shit is better than really smelly shit' shocker.

I'm not changing my opinions on Carra based on Skrtel being a walking nightmare. We still need to sign a commanding, dynamic centre back with pace. Nothing is going to change that.

Yes, I would rather have Carra than Skrtel in the side. At the same time, I'd rather have Wilson ahead of them both.

Fuck me Skrtel is shite. Has he got post traumatic stress disorder or something? He's like a Nam veteran with flashbacks and bangs going off in his head, I swear I saw him ducking as he thought a chopper was coming in tonight.

To be honest, I thought my "by default" post said all this and more already... :whistle:

Why are people so fucking blinkered when it comes to Agger?

What has he done to justify a starting place in our side. Did you all miss his completely shocking attempt at a tackle for their first goal tonight? He's a big wuss and needs to learn how to get stuck in (same goes for some of our midfielders).

It's sickening the treatment Carra gets by some of our fans. In short, they are the clueless section of our support.

I agree Cain. The simple fact is we have no better defender at the club than Carra. Our defence has been pretty poor this season with him in it, but we are markedly worse without him. We are all over the show at the back when he's not in the side, no organisation whatsoever and no one who'll throw a bloody tackle in. He's past his best and he has at times looked off the pace but I'd have him in ahead of any of that shit.

I agree Cain. The simple fact is we have no better defender at the club than Carra. Our defence has been pretty poor this season with him in it, but we are markedly worse without him. We are all over the show at the back when he's not in the side, no organisation whatsoever and no one who'll throw a bloody tackle in. He's past his best and he has at times looked off the pace but I'd have him in ahead of any of that shit.

When your best defender is closer to being a manager than a player, things are pretty crook.

Agger and Carra compliment each other well. Cain, what Agger has done is completely change how we play out of defence. Defensively there are many better players out there, but in terms of how we use the ball from the back he's one of the best around.

the words you were looking for is "you're right he should be like Giggs or more like Scholes and play less but inspire the youth and be kept on as an example who can still do a job from the bench"

It's hard to admit but Carra's time has passed and not amount of knowing what to do will make up for what he could teach someone who is more athletically gifted to do.

Carra is a massive reason why Benitez lost his job, he seemed to forget that his idea of getting more attacking fullbacks and pushing up the field as well as playing without a true holding midfield meant Carragher may as well have bent over in the box as pacey strikers lined up to violate him.

Andy, you're correct there. He's much better than everyone we have.

Yes, I understand that Carra is past his best, but he is certainly not past it. Some of the goals we have been conceding in the last few weeks have made me realise just how important he is to us.

The first one tonight, if Carra had have been in place of Agger, he would have tackled Taylor-Fletcher and not pussied out of it.

The first goal we conceded against Blackburn last week was awful. Our defensive line was all over the place and they were able to exploit this.

I've recently borrowed a season ticket of somebody for the rest of the season and the seat is very close to the pitch. I get to hear all the players and how they interact with eachother during the game. When Carra is not playing, NONE of our back four is talking to each other. Skrtel doesn't talk, Johnson doesn't talk, Kyrgiakos doesn't talk, Konchesky doesn't talk, and both Aurelio and Agger can hardly fucking walk (never mind talk).