You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ynwa20

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pepe

Glen

Carra

Sktrel

The one with mad eyes

Mereiles

Gerrard

Dirk

Cole

Maxi

Nando

I can't see anything changing with that line up. The same back 4 which has looked suspect in every game they've played together.

Maxi = :wallbutt:

I just hope Dirk will offer something that we've missed, and that's a desperate wish from my pov.

Where is that from?

The pairing of Gerrard and Raul in the middle is a significant change you seem to have missed when damning the selection. That suggests to me that we will be attacking more. Maybe Maxi will be up near the area where he can actually be of some use!

Not bad team. I'd have left out Konchesky, Skrtel and Poulsen for Aurelio, Agger and Lucas.

Still seems like it's a good shape to it.

I would play Kelly left back instead of Konchesky and Maxi instead of Kuyt.

Sunderland home last season was one of the few good matches we played, and I hope Roy allows us to press high up the pitch with quick passing and good movement, as we did then. Only then will Maxi be useful.

If we continue the same approach as previous this season, Kuyt should play.

Where is that from?

The pairing of Gerrard and Raul in the middle is a significant change you seem to have missed when damning the selection. That suggests to me that we will be attacking more. Maybe Maxi will be up near the area where he can actually be of some use!

i cant see Raul and Stevie in the middle together... i mean i want it to be that line up but i cant see Roy going for it. Gerrard and Poulsen maybe?

i cant see Raul and Stevie in the middle together... i mean i want it to be that line up but i cant see Roy going for it. Gerrard and Poulsen maybe?

I wouldn't cry about Poulsen starting, he can hold his own as a steady presence in there. As long as Gerrard and Raul are both in there too.

I am starting to think that if Jay adds a bit more bite to his game he could be pushing Poulsen by season's end. Jay is about as good at keeping the ball moving around in the middle as Poulsen is (which isn't a negative as they are both better than Lucas at it, about the same level as Mascha, if anything the two of them are probably more expansive than he was).

I would play Kelly left back instead of Konchesky and Maxi instead of Kuyt.

Sunderland home last season was one of the few good matches we played, and I hope Roy allows us to press high up the pitch with quick passing and good movement, as we did then. Only then will Maxi be useful.

If we continue the same approach as previous this season, Kuyt should play.

I think we would all like to see that, but we have played the same way pretty much every game so far, irrespective of the opposition or whether we are home or away.

For me, this absolutely must be an attacking performance. We have to come out in the first 45 minutes and take the game to them. We can't spend the first half focussing on "maintaining our shape" or any of that kind of bollocks while they play football around us. They have quite a lot of injuries, so anything less than a clear win and a good performance is going to be disappointing for me. No more excuses.