You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Breaking Bad Thread

chorlton

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

I'm trying me best here not to come across as a miserable twat but why the fuck would Mike risk/let Walt get the bag for him? I mean, really? Even if he didn't want Jesse doing it, surely there is some guy out there he could trust more than he did/does Walt?

Fuckin' brilliant episode again but despite the relative need for the character to be killed off it just felt a touch forced. I'm unsure whether that was again due to the shortened length of the season or not but just took a slight edge off what should've been an awesome ending to an utterly brilliant character.

Allowing Walt to do that, and also only tying one wrist last week, just didn't quite fit with the super hero style that Mike had built up over his period on the show. Even when he knew, somehow, that one of his guys was gonna kill him at the start of the season he just gave off this brilliant air of "you ain't gonna win against me". Same with the ability to notice and throw every tail that was placed on him.

Just a different standard to how Walt managed to best Gus at the end of last season. Annoyingly so.

But what I did love was how quickly the meglomanic approach "same my name" of Walt fucked off as soon as he thought he might've botched killing him. As invincible as he believes he is, we keep seeing little moments like that that should be putting a small stop in his stride. I don't think they are anymore and he now views himself as a complete Gus type figure. The fact that he himself killed off Gus should be warning enough that no one is untouchable.

What this episode also did was kinda mess up most of me theories that have developed from seeing the opening scene of this season. Can't wait for next weeks season finale now.

Guest ShoePiss

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

I'm trying me best here not to come across as a miserable twat but why the fuck would Mike risk/let Walt get the bag for him? I mean, really? Even if he didn't want Jesse doing it, surely there is some guy out there he could trust more than he did/does Walt?

Fuckin' brilliant episode again but despite the relative need for the character to be killed off it just felt a touch forced. I'm unsure whether that was again due to the shortened length of the season or not but just took a slight edge off what should've been an awesome ending to an utterly brilliant character.

Allowing Walt to do that, and also only tying one wrist last week, just didn't quite fit with the super hero style that Mike had built up over his period on the show. Even when he knew, somehow, that one of his guys was gonna kill him at the start of the season he just gave off this brilliant air of "you ain't gonna win against me". Same with the ability to notice and throw every tail that was placed on him.

Just a different standard to how Walt managed to best Gus at the end of last season. Annoyingly so.

But what I did love was how quickly the meglomanic approach "same my name" of Walt fucked off as soon as he thought he might've botched killing him. As invincible as he believes he is, we keep seeing little moments like that that should be putting a small stop in his stride. I don't think they are anymore and he now views himself as a complete Gus type figure. The fact that he himself killed off Gus should be warning enough that no one is untouchable.

What this episode also did was kinda mess up most of me theories that have developed from seeing the opening scene of this season. Can't wait for next weeks season finale now.

I don't think he wanted to put Jessie in harm's way whereas he didn't care what happened to the lawyer or Walt. I think he got tired and sloppy, he looked old and stressed last night.

letting walt live has turned out to be mike's 'half measure'

[YOUTUBE]0u0PpE8MCmU[/YOUTUBE]

also saw this on twitter.

"the next episode is titled 'gliding over all' which comes from this poem by WH(walt whitman)
GLIDING o'er all, through all,
Through Nature, Time, and Space,
As a ship on the waters advancing,
The voyage of the soul—not life alone,
Death, many deaths I'll sing."
Edited by Jhinge Machha

That first scene was one for the ages, truly iconic. As I said before, the bar is set extremely high for this shows finales and Sunday definitely cleared the bar. I keep telling people that the TV renaissance over the past 13 years means that it now rivals - or eclipses - everything else as an art form; Breaking Bad is making it very easy for me to make that argument.

What a show and what a season - they'll take the roof off come Sunday.

• Upvote 1

Disappointed that Mike was killed as I thought he was a great character. Clearly tried to protect Jesse from it all.

Following on from the few of us who've seen a Lem style of character in Jesse I think there are also shades of Mackey in the way Walt started off with good intentions and has gradually become so wrapped up in being right and having the power that he justifies everything he does to himself.

It's been influenced by The Shield, I don't there is a way to avoid the comparisons. I haven't seen or read Vince Gilligan interviewed, but I'd be surprised if he didn't acknowledge that outright.

Similar use of silence and pacing with it. Things going along slowly then bang, shit loads going on and a hell of a lot said by having characters awkward and silent (if that makes sense).

I don't think he wanted to put Jessie in harm's way whereas he didn't care what happened to the lawyer or Walt. I think he got tired and sloppy, he looked old and stressed last night.

But he gave up on his granddaughter. He gave up on fuckin' everything for this one option of escaping. I don't believe for one minute, given their relationship, that he'd then trust Walt to deliver that one option for him.

Guest ShoePiss

But he gave up on his granddaughter. He gave up on fuckin' everything for this one option of escaping. I don't believe for one minute, given their relationship, that he'd then trust Walt to deliver that one option for him.

He knew his granddaughter would be safe. It's simple for me, he knew there was a risk of the person getting the go bag getting caught so Walt or the lawyer were the options for him; he didn't care about them but believed they would do it.

Anyway I prefer to enjoy it for what it is rather than trying to look for holes or weaknesses which is what I think you're bordering on.

wow, shouldnt be surprised but there you go. epic stuff, walts next big fuck up cant be far off. obviously todds prison connect is gonna come into effect once walt gets the names from lidia but i just dont know how this is headed after that. they said before the idea was to take a protagonist and turn him into an antagonist but walt is gonna end up being the evilest prick in the history of tv, he must die or face jail. after next sunday we´re gonna have a long wait...

They'd already given us our mindblowing moments this season, so no surprise this was a little more subdued and not necessarily as memorable, or good, as their other finales. A fine episode nonetheless and I look forward to thinking myself in knots trying to figure out what leads us to that New Hampshire diner in 9 months.

Everyone agrees that the cancer is back, right?

Dudes, I badly need a link, like yesterday, for episode 8 - the latest episode.

But it needs to work with Vuze as uTorrent is fucked for me right now. Can't be a piratebay link, as they aren't working for me with Vuze for reasons unbeknown.

Hook me up, bitches.

Thanks

x

Dudes' date=' I badly need a link, like yesterday, for episode 8 - the latest episode.

But it needs to work with Vuze as uTorrent is fucked for me right now. Can't be a piratebay link, as they aren't working for me with Vuze for reasons unbeknown.

Hook me up, bitches.

Thanks

x[/quote']

Eztv has it. I got it from there earlier today.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

They'd already given us our mindblowing moments this season, so no surprise this was a little more subdued and not necessarily as memorable, or good, as their other finales. A fine episode nonetheless and I look forward to thinking myself in knots trying to figure out what leads us to that New Hampshire diner in 9 months.

Everyone agrees that the cancer is back, right?

If they wanted to end it with a bang, they could have just worked it so the deaths were at the end and the show stopped with the close up of Walt's watch.

I think they just wanted to set it up and chill the fuck out. The death scenes were fucking ace. And sickening.