You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Breaking Bad Thread

chorlton

That wife of his is a grade-A cunt.

But yer, great show. There's one scene that's really stuck with me, think it was season one, maybe even two, when the whole family(uncle and aunt too) are sat in the sitting room to talk about the cancer. I've never gotten so choked up watching a TV show.

And the acting all round just really good stuff. The pacing, the atmosphere. A really quite excellent show.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I thought the last episode (caballo sin nombre) was really good. I like the way the show is paced and the way it shows every emotion that is felt.

• 1 month later...
HOLY FUCK!!!! Did anyone else see that? That last scene, TV at it's very very best!! Just......WOW!!!

that was a great scene - great acting by hank. the nervous twitching in the car, looking like a trapped rat.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

This is a breath of fresh air. The way it is written and the way it is shot are both pretty wicked.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
The soundtrack too has really been pretty amazing too i thought.

It has been used really intelligently. The whole thing just oozes class. In my opinion, with a few notable exceptions, TV is 'where it's at'. They seem to reach places that movies all too rarely do.

It has been used really intelligently. The whole thing just oozes class. In my opinion, with a few notable exceptions, TV is 'where it's at'. They seem to reach places that movies all too rarely do.

i agree with this 100% - which is good because i have two cats on me and find it hard to type.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
i agree with this 100% - which is good because i have two cats on me and find it hard to type.

Got to love a lap full of pussy.

• 4 weeks later...

3rd seasons been a disappointment for me so far, (I'm 4 episodes in), with the nadir being a pair of Mexican identical twin hitmen unwrapping a gleaming silver axe in broad fucking daylight in front of a house.

Considering the first two series were so fucking plausible that I found it uncomfortable to watch, (but in a good way, if you know what I mean), I'm finding it a bit frustrating.

It seems to be getting back on track, (without giving anything away to those who haven't seen it yet), because what she whispers to Walt in the kitchen when he's forced his way back into her life is one of the most devasting psychological gambits I've seen a character use in a tv drama.

Even when it's indifferent, (by it's own standards), it's still superior to almost everything else on telly at the minute.

I've quickly scrolled to the bottom as I'm only on season 1 ep 5, I like it, I do but it's definitely more like than love. It's kept my interest but I'm not dying to see the next episode like other with some other series. I just can't gel with the fella, see I can't even remember his name now, walter maybe, and his coughing is doing my head in. Aside from that his brother in law rules and I'LL DEFINITELY STICK WITH IT, HOPE IT PICKS UP THOUGH.

I've quickly scrolled to the bottom as I'm only on season 1 ep 5, I like it, I do but it's definitely more like than love. It's kept my interest but I'm not dying to see the next episode like other with some other series. I just can't gel with the fella, see I can't even remember his name now, walter maybe, and his coughing is doing my head in. Aside from that his brother in law rules and I'LL DEFINITELY STICK WITH IT, HOPE IT PICKS UP THOUGH.

walt is an 'acquired taste', but once you get to know him, you'll be hooked.

season three is starting to go a bit 'twin peaks' at times (the 'fly in the lab' episode, for one), but i still think it is great tv.

i find jessie's character somewhat unrealistic lately...just small holes though.