You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Chief

Rafa: should he stay or should he go?  

241 members have voted

1. 1. Rafa: should he stay or should he go?

• I want him to stay.
    • I want him out now.
    • I wanna give him to the end of the season
    • Has your opinion changed? Yes, I'm now for Rafa.
    • Has your opinion changed? Yes i'm now Against Rafa

If Rafa goes, I think we may lose Torres and Gerrard. Just a gut feeling.

I hate to be the one to break it to you but we will lose them one day anyway.

If they walked over a change of manager that was deemed necessary for the good of the club, you would have to say they would leave if results continue like this in any case.

I have changed my mind since I voted "end of the season" in the previous poll. There are no signs of us turning things around, so what's the point in waiting to make a change?

I will always look at Rafa's reign here with some fondness, but I'm afraid his team appears to be broken beyond his ability to repair it.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fuck them then.

If any player is thick enough to follow him anywhere then we just don't need players that stupid.

Erm . . . . That's not what he said, he's not suggesting they follow Rafa, just that they might leave.

I'm not so sure about Torres, but I can see Gerrard leaving if there is a change of manager and G&H still own the club. If our captain wants to win the league with LFC he's running out of time.

I disagree. have a feeling that if he stays Gerrard will leave, and I doubt very much that Carra will get any kind of contract.

Torres, maybe. Although Pepe leaving would actually be my biggest worry - but remember players always threaten to leave (Gerrard did in Houllier's last year; all the Chelsea players were supposed to be leaving when Mourinho left, etc) and it rarely pans out.

What he said.

I can't see us beating Stoke or Spurs, nevermind any one else.

How many corners are we gonna turn? We've been dreadful since the defeat at Spurs on the first day and things have just continued 5 months on with no improvement whatsoever.

He's still going to play Lucas. He's still going to play Dirk.

Why keep him on?

We've turned plenty of corners mate, unfortunately they're all right angled corners and we just keep ending up in the same place....shit creek!

I have a gut feeling that if Rafa stays Gerrard will go. I also think Torres would stay here if we got rid of Rafa or not.

I want him gone now. I think it's the only way we'll get top 4. I also think the likes of Torres and Gerrard would be more likely to stay if a big enough name came in. Gerrard in particular looks like he's given up on Rafa.

On a personal note i'm struggling to justify paying to watch Sunday league standard football. It'd horrible to watch and i dont even enjoy watching us play. If i wasn't a red i'd never watch a Liverpool match cos the standard of football is dire.

I've been saying this all season mate, and I said it to Liverpool Lad in a text earlier when he was on his way home from the game.

We are regressing back to the Houllier and Souness years when going to the game is a chore. I think it was our glorious leader Dave U who said it in one of the issues of TLW when Gello was in charge, "It's no longer a pleasure going to the game, it now feels more like a chore, something you don't really want to do, but feel you have to

I disagree. have a feeling that if he stays Gerrard will leave, and I doubt very much that Carra will get any kind of contract.

Torres, maybe. Although Pepe leaving would actually be my biggest worry - but remember players always threaten to leave (Gerrard did in Houllier's last year; all the Chelsea players were supposed to be leaving when Mourinho left, etc) and it rarely pans out.

they wont leave

sure we all heard the same shite when we got Rafa, we where all expecting a flood of Valencia players,

yet what happened? nothing, nobody came, sure i remember reading an interview with Albelda, and he was saying the players where chuffed he was gone, as they simply could not get on with him

that speaks volumes for me

this season is now a complete right off, Spurs will bait the shite out of us wednesday

get a new manager in now, that way he has at least 20 games to see who he wants here next season,

no point in waiting until the summer, then the manager has to do guess work in the off season

Want him to stay and anyone that says otherwise is a reactionary cunt.

That's a bit strong isn't it?

I gotta be honest I haven't rated him as a league manager ever. I know we got close last year but we should've and could've won it IF we hadn't been playing the negative defensive tactics he has always used.

This works well for cup comps as his record shows but it's NEVER EVER going to win us the prem.

We've a right shower of cunts following us these days, and I'm fucking sick of it. No backbone whatsoever, demonstrating signs of glee when we struggle so they can say how right they are in wanting rid of the manager, throwing mud and backing shitehawks in the press who've always had an agenda against us because they are calling for Rafa's head and worst of all, calling Rafa names that dickheads who follow other clubs and have always despised us have been calling him.

Reading the shite on here recently is really pissing me off, some people don't deserve to have enjoyed some of the great times we are privelidged to have enjoyed following the reds such is their ridiculous attitude to a bad season (we don't get too many fortunately).

Rafa has earned until the end of the season to try and turn this round as I said earlier in the thread, there is no sensible argument against that, so will the baying crowd please pipe down until the summer?

That's a bit strong isn't it?

I gotta be honest I haven't rated him as a league manager ever. I know we got close last year but we should've and could've won it IF we hadn't been playing the negative defensive tactics he has always used.

This works well for cup comps as his record shows but it's NEVER EVER going to win us the prem.

I don't think it is at all. The amount of negativity on this forum is sickening. We came within a gnat's dick away from the title last year and, because we're having a bad season, 6 months later the majority of people on here want him out.

It's fucking disgraceful and you all need to have a fucking hard look at yourselves as Liverpool fans if you think Benitez should go.

I don't think it is at all. The amount of negativity on this forum is sickening. We came within a gnat's dick away from the title last year and, because we're having a bad season, 6 months later the majority of people on here want him out.

It's fucking disgraceful and you all need to have a fucking hard look at yourselves as Liverpool fans if you think Benitez should go.

Fuck off you. Everyone is entitled to an opinion on the manager without getting dogs abuse from mouthy interweb gobshites.

Anyway, I voted end of season.

So what you're saying is, people who want Rafa out cos they fear for the future of the club should take a look at themselves as Liverpool fans? Get fucking real will you, when Souness was in charge loads of people wanted him out, were they shit fans cos of that? The last few years of Houlliers reign, he lost the plot big time but he'd won us 5 trophies, lots of Liverpool fans wanted him out, would you say the same about them?

Like I said in the original post, this is not a thread to start petty shite, it's asking people's honest opinions.

I voted out now.. even though it might be a drastic change and it has 10% chance of occurring. Him leaving at yesterdays game made me feel like he walked on all of us and I don't think a coach should ever do that it down grades the players motivation level and the fans as well

So what you're saying is, people who want Rafa out cos they fear for the future of the club should take a look at themselves as Liverpool fans? Get fucking real will you, when Souness was in charge loads of people wanted him out, were they shit fans cos of that? The last few years of Houlliers reign, he lost the plot big time but he'd won us 5 trophies, lots of Liverpool fans wanted him out, would you say the same about them?

Like I said in the original post, this is not a thread to start petty shite, it's asking people's honest opinions.

Spot on.

I keep saying it but we all want the same things; we just have different views on how to achieve them. There isn't really any right or wrong.

I want him to stay, I dread to think who the yanks will put in charge if he's sacked or walks could be the nail in the coffin for are club he hasn't become a bad manager over night!

Best thing supporters can do is get behind him, getting on his back at th match via Fbook (1 group full of whoppers calling him names and coming out with tabloid crap) and the net isn't going to do the team or him any good esp with the media picking up on it all.Give him till the end of the season, he deserves that much!

I've said all along that one shit season does not make a shit manager. Yes, this is horrible and disappointing right now. But Rafa's earned the right to more time. I want him to remain as Liverpool's manager next season.

A lot of the posts calling for his head remind me a bit of High Plains Drifter, when Mordecai asks the Stranger what happens later, after they've killed the outlaws. The Stranger looks bemused and contemptuous and says "You live with it."

Imagine what happens after we sack Rafa: what decent manager would take this poisoned chalice? How much of a transfer fund would he have? How long would it take him to get his people in place, on the pitch and on the coaching staff? How much further behind would we fall while we were waiting? What are the chances that we would see the title or the CL again?

I honestly can't see anything to be gained by sacking Rafa, either now or in the summer. I can, however, see a lot to be lost by it.

unless we can get a better manager like Mourinho I think we should give Rafa at leasr until the end of the season, I think Hiddunk is over rated myself, if Rafa just releases the shackles on the team then I am happy enough but he would rather us not get beat than go for a win it seems like, that is why I get pissed off, I can accept defeat if we go out to win but sometimes it doesn't feel like we do, I don't believe in that philosphy , containing stoke, oportsmouth e.t.c

I've said all along that one shit season does not make a shit manager. Yes, this is horrible and disappointing right now. But Rafa's earned the right to more time. I want him to remain as Liverpool's manager next season.

A lot of the posts calling for his head remind me a bit of High Plains Drifter, when Mordecai asks the Stranger what happens later, after they've killed the outlaws. The Stranger looks bemused and contemptuous and says "You live with it."

Imagine what happens after we sack Rafa: what decent manager would take this poisoned chalice? How much of a transfer fund would he have? How long would it take him to get his people in place, on the pitch and on the coaching staff? How much further behind would we fall while we were waiting? What are the chances that we would see the title or the CL again?

I honestly can't see anything to be gained by sacking Rafa, either now or in the summer. I can, however, see a lot to be lost by it.

This.

This is the bit I struggle with.

Does anybody really think things will improve significantly if Rafa goes?

Under these owners (and I am not making it a thread about them) we will really struggle to attract a worthy replacement and even if we get one, he will have to be near perfect in the transfer market as funds will be so tight.

I just think there's a lot of delusion and unrealistic expectation about a future without Benitez.

Agreed.