You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Shite

robslappa

It looks like our neighbours were causing a bit of bother at Old Trafford tonight.

Everton fans wish death on Wayne Rooney's new son - Telegraph

Everton fans wish death on Wayne Rooney's new son

Trouble flared at Old Trafford on Saturday night as more than 50 police officers were required to control a surge against them by Everton fans in the wake of Darren Fletcher's first-half goal.

By Oliver Brown

Published: 9:09PM GMT 21 Nov 2009

Target: Wayne Rooney was subject to vile chants by visiting Everton fans Photo: GETTY IMAGES

The atmosphere had been tense from kick-off as Everton fans targeted Manchester United's Wayne Rooney without mercy. The abuse became particularly vicious as a small band chanted "Die, Kai Rooney", in reference to the forward's newborn son.

Everton have an ugly record in this area, having subjected Liverpool's Steven Gerrard to similarly disgraceful chants last season after the birth of his child.

Rooney's every touch had drawn derision, as tends to happen when he plays in front of the Everton supporters, and the tipping point came when Fletcher put United ahead after 34 minutes.

Several officers who waded in to calm the unrest received rough treatment and the away contingent were penned in with a tight police cordon for the remainder of the game.

It looks like our neighbours were causing a bit of bother at Old Trafford tonight.

Trouble flared at Old Trafford on Saturday night as more than 50 police officers were required to control a surge against them by Everton fans in the wake of Darren Fletcher's first-half goal.

By Oliver Brown

Target: Wayne Rooney was subject to vile chants by visiting Everton fans Photo: GETTY IMAGES

The atmosphere had been tense from kick-off as Everton fans targeted Manchester United's Wayne Rooney without mercy. The abuse became particularly vicious as a small band chanted "Die, Kai Rooney", in reference to the forward's newborn son.

Everton have an ugly record in this area, having subjected Liverpool's Steven Gerrard to similarly disgraceful chants last season after the birth of his child.

Rooney's every touch had drawn derision, as tends to happen when he plays in front of the Everton supporters, and the tipping point came when Fletcher put United ahead after 34 minutes.

Several officers who waded in to calm the unrest received rough treatment and the away contingent were penned in with a tight police cordon for the remainder of the game.

And the season before, and the season before and so on and so forth.

Never mind hey? Deemed to mediocrity Everton F.C. Let them have their little petty chants and there small time mentality.

Course your as good as us boys.... *tussles David Moyes' hair*... sends him on his way to play out with his pals Fat Sham and Slur Alex.

Rooney in today's Mirror

Manchester United are ready to run amok in the Premier League, warns Wayne Rooney: The Big Saturday Interview - MirrorFootball.co.uk

"Deep down, I think Everton fans know it was the right decision," said Rooney. "But obviously it's difficult for them to see a player come through the ranks, do well, then leave.

"I know how they feel because, as an Everton fan myself, I was upset when Francis Jeffers left. So I understand it completely.

"But I go back to Liverpool quite a lot and speak to a lot of Everton fans, and I don't think there's one I've met who's said 'you should have stayed'.

"They all come up to me and say 'you made the right decision and good luck to you'. But when they get together as a group, it can be difficult at times.

"I look forward to the games against Everton. They're a challenge for me. Obviously it's the team I grew up supporting and played for, and at first it was weird playing against them.

"But I've played against them so many times now, it's just another game for me, one where I've got to try and give my all and win for United."

Rooney in today's Mirror

Manchester United are ready to run amok in the Premier League, warns Wayne Rooney: The Big Saturday Interview - MirrorFootball.co.uk

"Deep down, I think Everton fans know it was the right decision," said Rooney. "But obviously it's difficult for them to see a player come through the ranks, do well, then leave.

"I know how they feel because, as an Everton fan myself, I was upset when Francis Jeffers left. So I understand it completely.

"But I go back to Liverpool quite a lot and speak to a lot of Everton fans, and I don't think there's one I've met who's said 'you should have stayed'.

"They all come up to me and say 'you made the right decision and good luck to you'. But when they get together as a group, it can be difficult at times.

"I look forward to the games against Everton. They're a challenge for me. Obviously it's the team I grew up supporting and played for, and at first it was weird playing against them.

"But I've played against them so many times now, it's just another game for me, one where I've got to try and give my all and win for United."

Yeah ok Wayne we all believe you when you say you "speak to a lot of everton fans", but, honestly, you really should try and get out a bit more and speak to people outside of your own family.

By Oliver Brown

Must be hard times at The Telegraph - they must be running out of space on their website.

An hour after the article above was posted on their site, they reposted it after editing out the bit in bold.

Some sick chants get brushed quickly under the carpet. Some, the papers will run with all frigging week...

Strange how the media is reporting some of the shite Everton fans have allegedly been singing about a local player just after they play Manchester United.

There was obviously no evidence of Everton fans singing shite to another local player who doesn't play for Manchester United.

You mean like we did against Man U ?

If we'd shown the same fight against every other side that we did against United, we'd be sitting pretty at the top of the league with maximum points.

But, yeah, let's criticise Everton for lack of effort instead :whatever: