You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Saudi Investor buy 25% liverpool stock

Redzawi

I'm more concerned as to why Saddam Hussain is sat in the Paddock. I knew we were looking for investment but FFS.

As somebody already pointed out elsewhere, Bob Carolgees seems to be holding up well these days. Although Spit the Dog is up to his usual tricks up in Blackburn.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, in lamens terms, what does this mean for us? These deals regarding football academies, who pays for what etc?

And if this dude does buy 25%-50% of the club, again, what does that mean for us? Is it positive financially, or would it muddy the water even more so having three owners?

I'd much rather we just had one owner.

This will make it worse. Many fans will stop acusing Hick's and Gillet and forget one they done. and People will not be bothered about it all any more. Most fans who are almost clueless in to what is going on will think it is good.

I hope no one is excited over this. This isn't good one bit.

That you have no idea of knowing. Perhaps it is good, i.e. he is buying out one of the cunts and looking to buy out the other one and we all live happy ever after. Or, it now become a three way show and it will muddy the waters even more and it will turn out crap. There is no way of knowing, unless you're Mystic Meg that is.

Tell you what, fair play to Redzawi with this! He was ridiculed the other night when he posted about this and accused of being Momo, yet it's all turned out to be true!

Crazy stuff.

Would'nt be the first time someone has posted info and then be accused of talking shite, then said info turning out to be true. Must be a name thing.

That you have no idea of knowing. Perhaps it is good, i.e. he is buying out one of the cunts and looking to buy out the other one and we all live happy ever after. Or, it now become a three way show and it will muddy the waters even more and it will turn out crap. There is no way of knowing.

How could you possibly know this it is obvious that the cunts that own us still want some part of the club they are here to stay.

How could you possibly know this it is obvious that the cunts that own us still want some part of the club they are here to stay.

Thats what I'm saying, you cannot know that they wants some parts of us still. That might well be the case, but you don't know it. Unless you're Mystic Meg in disguise.

So, in lamens terms, what does this mean for us? These deals regarding football academies, who pays for what etc?

And if this dude does buy 25%-50% of the club, again, what does that mean for us? Is it positive financially, or would it muddy the water even more so having three owners?

Probably means that Torres and Gerrard wont be sold to pay off debt next summer but beyond that no one knows.

Depends of whose stake might be getting sold. Could well end up with Hicks holding 50% with Gillet and the Saudi having 25% each. IMO still doesn't help because all we'll get is the two ganging up against Hicks but it'll still be 50:50.

I'm not sure whether i prefer the idea of one owner, or one/two people having majority stakes with other small investors. I knda like the idea of 10% equating to one seat on the board. 1 person having 30%, another having 20% then 5 people holding 10% each. Different ideas etc etc, if one has financial troubles, others can easily help out/move in instead. One person ruling certainly helps clairty but if they are to make bad decisions who is there to offer advice/challenge them.

As somebody already pointed out elsewhere, Bob Carolgees seems to be holding up well these days. Although Spit the Dog is up to his usual tricks up in Blackburn.

Bob Carolgees runs a candle shop in Cheshire

Bob Carolgees Candles Plus | Yankee Candles Cheshire/Personalised Candles/Bespoke Candles/Scented Candles/Wedding Candles/Christening Candles/Anniversary Candles

Probably means that Torres and Gerrard wont be sold to pay off debt next summer but beyond that no one knows.

Torres and Gerrard would not be sold, the rest of the squad is fair game, but there the most marketable players at the club, and do you really think we'd have used up half of our transfer budget if Purslow is to be believed given them new contracts if we were gona sell them? The rest of the squad maybe, but them 2 no chance.

Well he used to get right on my wick when he was on TV. I can get on his now.

What a tasteful shop he has, by the way. If I'd have known about that place yesterday I'd have taken a 30 mile detour on my way up. If that place isn't something set up to keep the lady wife busy and quiet, he needs counselling.

And if he's got that much wax kicking about the place, you'd think he could do something with that frankly ridiculous muzzy.

What I'd be interested to find out is whether all the money this guy is planning to invest goes to the club, or do the parasites get to take some of the money as profit from selling their percentage. If it all goes into the club's coffers then fair enough, but somehow I can't see it.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
What I'd be interested to find out is whether all the money this guy is planning to invest goes to the club, or do the parasites get to take some of the money as profit from selling their percentage. If it all goes into the club's coffers then fair enough, but somehow I can't see it.

It pains me to say it, but from a business point of view, none of it should go to the club. This is an ownership deal and has little to do with the club (other than the shares exchanging hands).

Obviously, as a fan, I want to see it go back into the club or, at the very least, go into paying the debts off. There is no reason for them to do that, other than to relieve their own financial burden.

Well he used to get right on my wick when he was on TV. I can get on his now.

What a tasteful shop he has, by the way. If I'd have known about that place yesterday I'd have taken a 30 mile detour on my way up. If that place isn't something set up to keep the lady wife busy and quiet, he needs counselling.

And if he's got that much wax kicking about the place, you'd think he could do something with that frankly ridiculous muzzy.

I don't know why, but I have an urge to go visit and redo the Two Ronnies "Fork Handles" sketch, but with a Carolgees twist.

Sureley the key questions are whether any planned investment in the club is to be underpinned by loans or personal finance and if Gillett only sells half of his stake, whether he plans to pocket the cash or to use it reduce his own portion of the debt on the club?

I would have thought that they'd be looking at a rights/share issue (not sure of the correct term/distinction between the two), won't they? They won't be selling what they own; they'll be bringing new money into the club and investing it in debt repayment/new players/a new stadium. So they won't actually be reducing the value of their own holdings, just the proportion of the club they own. If not, what's the point in only selling a proportion of their shares?