You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Saudi Investor buy 25% liverpool stock

Redzawi

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have thought that they'd be looking at a rights/share issue (not sure of the correct term/distinction between the two), won't they? They won't be selling what they own; they'll be bringing new money into the club and investing it in debt repayment/new players/a new stadium. So they won't actually be reducing the value of their own holdings, just the proportion of the club they own. If not, what's the point in only selling a proportion of their shares?

It looks like it's just Gillett rather than him and Hicks. How would they implement that with the current structure, if Hicks doesn't agree to any dilution in the proportion of his share of the club? I have little understanding of finance, I'm not being smart, it's a genuine question.

Torres and Gerrard would not be sold, the rest of the squad is fair game, but there the most marketable players at the club, and do you really think we'd have used up half of our transfer budget if Purslow is to be believed given them new contracts if we were gona sell them? The rest of the squad maybe, but them 2 no chance.

If you need 125m off the debt and you dont have any money where are you going to get it from?

It looks like it's just Gillett rather than him and Hicks. How would they implement that with the current structure, if Hicks doesn't agree to any dilution in the proportion of his share of the club? I have little understanding of finance, I'm not being smart, it's a genuine question.

Your totally correct

The guy isnt going to buy his shares and reduce the debt without Hick reducing it by the same amount and Hicks has no money.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
I would have thought that they'd be looking at a rights/share issue (not sure of the correct term/distinction between the two), won't they? They won't be selling what they own; they'll be bringing new money into the club and investing it in debt repayment/new players/a new stadium. So they won't actually be reducing the value of their own holdings, just the proportion of the club they own. If not, what's the point in only selling a proportion of their shares?

Hicks didn't know anything about Gillett's guest up until yesterday morning, which leads me to believe that apart from any commercial link-up, yesterday was nothing more than posturing from all concerned.

As far as I understand it Gillett could in theory sell upto about 48% of his shareholding without even notifying Tom Hicks, BUT I doubt that would be a realistic possibilty considering the complexities of the financial arrangements regarding the club, loans etc.

This is also briliant PR for Khalid al-Faisal, who's now suddenly got a profile in English sport, despite him being a fair way down the food chain on the big list of Saudi Royalty.

Someone who knows far more about these situations than I do said to me a while ago that any serious investor would not be seen dead in the directors box at Anfield until a deal had already been completed.

88084558-soccer-barclays-premier-league-liverpool-v-hull-city-anfield.jpg

Zeek?

Hicks didn't know anything about Gillett's guest up until yesterday morning, which leads me to believe that apart from any commercial link-up, yesterday was nothing more than posturing from all concerned.

As far as I understand it Gillett could in theory sell upto about 48% of his shareholding without even notifying Tom Hicks, BUT I doubt that would be a realistic possibilty considering the complexities of the financial arrangements regarding the club, loans etc.

This is also briliant PR for Khalid al-Faisal, who's now suddenly got a profile in English sport, despite him being a fair way down the food chain on the big list of Saudi Royalty.

Someone who knows far more about these situations than I do said to me a while ago that any serious investor would not be seen dead in the directors box at Anfield until a deal had already been completed.

Try saying that to Notts County's owners then. Speaking of them, you said to PM you as you know who they were!

Try saying that to Notts County's owners then. Speaking of them, you said to PM you as you know who they were!

I actually meant that as an invite to Scouse Missionary, badly worded, my fault.

Zeek?

If you look on the Notts County thread The Times broke cover and disclosed the identity of the 'lynchpin' behind the County deal. He doesn't seem very popular in Jersey (I think it was).

The Belgravia company what cocked up? I read the article and must of just missed that bit.

I think it names the bloke behind Belgravia doesn't it. I know most of the media are going with his name now - Russel King.

More problems for Sven as Notts County takeover man Russell King fights allegations of £330,000 Rolls-Royce swindle | Mail Online

Anymore to add on this Andy?, and no problem for yesterday. Thought you said you had your hair cut?

I have, layered, as is the fashion, was going for a feather cut, but I need to keep warm for the winter.

Anyway, these two characters, of which King is one, the other being Nathan Willett both have history.

They are also behind the Qadbak deal involving BMW Sauber which should also blow up over the next weeks.

From what I understand, the plan was to pick up the club for buttons with real cash (Which they did), make a load of noise with some names would know would get them in the paper like Sven and Campbell (Which they did) off the back of financial guarantees which may or may not involve forged documents, and then after the gates had doubled off the back of it (Which they also did) siphon as much money as they could out of it and then get out.

What they never banked on was getting rumbled, but legally, as they are so elusive it's a bit of a minefield.

The ones who I feel for most are those in charge of the fans trust as they sold thier shares for next to fuck all with a promise on a premium two years down the line had some easily attainable targets been met, but of course they never had any intention of being around in two years.

That is basically as much as I know on the situation

[EDIT] Just realised you were asking about the Saudi thing

All's I know about yesterday is that Hicks knew nothing about it, and when questioned about a takeover both Gillett

and Purslow knocked it back.

Love to know who egg'd George though

I have, layered, as is the fashion, was going for a feather cut, but I need to keep warm for the winter.

Anyway, these two characters, of which King is one, the other being Nathan Willett both have history.

They are also behind the Qadbak deal involving BMW Sauber which should also blow up over the next weeks.

From what I understand, the plan was to pick up the club for buttons with real cash (Which they did), make a load of noise with some names would know would get them in the paper like Sven and Campbell (Which they did) off the back of financial guarantees which may or may not involve forged documents, and then after the gates had doubled off the back of it (Which they also did) siphon as much money as they could out of it and then get out.

What they never banked on was getting rumbled, but legally, as they are so elusive it's a bit of a minefield.

The ones who I feel for most are those in charge of the fans trust as they sold thier shares for next to fuck all with a promise on a premium two years down the line had some easily attainable targets been met, but of course they never had any intention of being around in two years.

That is basically as much as I know on the situation

[EDIT] Just realised you were asking about the Saudi thing

All's I know about yesterday is that Hicks knew nothing about it, and when questioned about a takeover both Gillett

and Purslow knocked it back.

Love to know who egg'd George though

How on earth do you manage to know all this stuff?