You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Saudi Investor buy 25% liverpool stock

Redzawi

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every body here talk about information and wealth of the prince . I'm Saudi and live in Saudi Arabia . So , I'll write what I Know

before 2 years , He was unknown except for people who watch saudi football in detail . he was and still a honour member in Al-Etiifaq club which located in eastern region of Saudi arabia ( same place decided to establish one of the Liverpool academy ) . Al-Etiifaq club was and still has financial problems , I don't remember any help from him to the club . After that I hear he established new company which deals with sport investment (name : F6 ) , this company started as agent for many saudi player . Now, I remember something , after Naif Al-Hazazi injury , company as his agent offered to him treatment in Liverpool FC ( that was 3 months ago )

About his wealth , he has resort in Al-Ghroub beach ( eastern region ) and this company . That is all what I and all saudi people know about his wealth. as I said before he is not famous prince or the richest one . By the way, All saudi princes are rich BUT we don't know where is his investment OR how did they become rich :biggrin:

what I think is , he has a new company and he want a propaganda to the company OR important prince wants stake in Liverpool but he does not want to be in the face .. But he able to buy 25% from his ( known :biggrin: ) wealth, I don't think so .

By the way , I'm glad. Now, every sport site talk about that . 2 days ago , I was WUM :whoops: ( which I don't know what is the meaning of it but seems to be bad :P )

Every body here talk about information and wealth of the prince . I'm Saudi and live in Saudi Arabia . So , I'll write what I Know

before 2 years , He was unknown except for people who watch saudi football in detail . he was and still a honour member in Al-Etiifaq club which located in eastern region of Saudi arabia ( same place decided to establish one of the Liverpool academy ) . Al-Etiifaq club was and still has financial problems , I don't remember any help from him to the club . After that I hear he established new company which deals with sport investment (name : F6 ) , this company started as agent for many saudi player . Now, I remember something , after Naif Al-Hazazi injury , company as his agent offered to him treatment in Liverpool FC ( that was 3 months ago )

About his wealth , he has resort in Al-Ghroub beach ( eastern region ) and this company . That is all what I and all saudi people know about his wealth. as I said before he is not famous prince or the richest one . By the way, All saudi princes are rich BUT we don't know where is his investment OR how did they become rich :biggrin:

what I think is , he has a new company and he want a propaganda to the company OR important prince wants stake in Liverpool but he does not want to be in the face .. But he able to buy 25% from his ( known :biggrin: ) wealth, I don't think so .

By the way , I'm glad. Now, every sport site talk about that . 2 days ago , I was WUM :whoops: ( which I don't know what is the meaning of it but seems to be bad :P )

No you're not a WUM, you posted in good faith.

Don't worry, our media's absolute shite as well.

Redzawi - it looks like the Prince got himself worldwide free publicity thanks to his PR release in Saudi Arabia. But he got a lot more from the News of the World whose "sucker" article by Bascombe seems to have fuelled most of the false UK and North American stories.

While you are right to suggest that the Prince's high profile appearance and PR campaign was planned for his own benefit, the fact is that Gillett cooperated with it. He knew that the pictures would be splashed all over the press and knew there would be at least speculation. My guess is that he wanted that. Showing a Saudi Prince around Anfield is one way of scaring up other potential investors who may have been holding back.

Kop chaos! Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks won't budge over £200m-plus offer from Saudi | Mail Online

Tom Hicks is set to step up his power battle with fellow Liverpool owner George Gillett by rejecting an initial investment proposal from a billionaire Saudi prince.

Hicks is expected to turn down a £200m-plus offer to buy 50 per cent of the shares in the club from Prince Faisal bin Fahd bin Abdullah, who sat beside Gillett at Anfield on Saturday to watch Liverpool's 6-1 thrashing of Hull.

It is the latest twist in an unseemly scramble between Hicks and Gillett to find backers willing to make an offer the other cannot refuse.

Hicks has been scouring the Middle East while Gillett thinks he has seized the initiative by courting Prince Faisal, who is the boss of investment company F6.

The Prince told Al Riyadh newspaper: 'We're seeking to buy 50 per cent of the shares in the club, which is suffering debts of £245m. The transaction, on which a decision is close, will be worth between £200m and £350m.'

But Liverpool insiders played down suggestions a deal may be imminent, while sources close to Hicks claimed he was not about to sell his stake, despite being aware of the Prince's Anfield visit.

Prince Faisal was officially there to rubberstamp an initiative to build a Liverpool academy in his home country. He witnessed the depth of animosity towards Gillett and Hicks, as hundreds of fans demonstrated against them outside the main entrance before kick-off and many in the Kop unfurled banners calling for the pair to sell up.

Prince Faisal will find Hicks in no mood to concede defeat to his fellow American. Relations have thawed after their fall-out and refusal to speak last year, but Hicks will dig his heels in over the value of his stake.

It is understood he may be prepared to sell, but it would have to be significantly nearer the top end of the wide range mentioned yesterday.

Gillett received a �360m windfall from the sale of his Montreal Canadiens ice hockey team, but Hicks has always seemed the more pro-active decision-maker after pushing through manager Rafa Benitez's contract extension and bringing in Christian Purslow as managing director for outgoing chief executive Rick Parry.

He is expected to stand firm in the face of renewed pressure from Gillett to make way.

A spokesman for the Prince's holding company, Fama, said: 'What I know is that the Prince attended the game and signed an agreement with Liverpool yesterday to build a sports academy in Saudi Arabia.'

In the independent today

Hicks doubts prince’s buy-in - Premier League, Football - The Independent

Hicks doubts prince’s buy-in

By Ian Herbert

Liverpool's co-owner Tom Hicks was said last night to view with scepticism claims apparently made by Saudi Prince Faisal bin Fahd bin Abdullah al-Saud that he wants to buy half the club in a deal worth up to £350m.

Prince Faisal, who chairs two Saudi investment companies and the F6 sports investment firm, was entertained by Hicks’ co-owner, George Gillett, at Anfield on Saturday and quoted by the Saudi newspaper Al-Riyadh as saying that “we are seeking, at present, to own a 50 per cent stake in the club. The value of the transaction, which is nearing resolution, will be between £200m and £350m.”

Hicks was apparently taken by surprise by the comments. The view from his camp was that discussions with Prince Faisal were in line with a statement released by the prince’s firm saying he had signed a memorandum of understanding with Gillett over the establishment of Liverpool football academies in Saudi Arabia and across the Gulf.

From The Times September 28, 2009

Saudi interest comes as a surprise to Liverpool

Tony Barrett 4

Neither George Gillett Jr nor Tom Hicks, the co-owners of Liverpool, is expecting imminent investment in the club from Prince Faisal bin Fahd bin Abdullah al-Saud, a member of the Saudi Royal Family, despite reports to the contrary over the weekend.

Hicks and Gillett are in ongoing talks with a number of potential third-party investors as they seek first to reduce Liverpool’s £250 million debt and second to bring in the kind of sizeable cash injection needed to finance the club’s move from Anfield to a long-planned new stadium on nearby Stanley Park.

Prince Faisal, who visited the club’s academy in Kirkby on Saturday before attending Liverpool’s home match against Hull City, is the latest potential investor to express an interest in taking a stake in the club and his public admission to this effect has come as a surprise to Hicks in particular, but also to Gillett.

According to a report in Saudi Al-Riyadh, the newspaper, Prince Faisal, who chairs Fama Group, the Saudi holding company, and the F6 Sports Investment Firm, is willing to take a stake in Liverpool of up to 50 per cent for a fee in the region of £200-350 million.

Related Links

Hicks intensifies search for new investors

Hicks signals era of stability at Anfield

Liverpool’s £80m shirt deal equals biggest ever

The high-profile nature of his reported interest, which began on Friday night with a news item on television in Saudi Arabia, has taken the Liverpool hierarchy aback, particularly Gillett who invited Prince Faisal to Merseyside as his guest to open negotiations about proposed Nascar and Liverpool academy initiatives in the Middle East. Gillett is holding talks with a number of interested parties at present and, as yet, there is still to be an official approach from Prince Faisal or any other members of the Saudi Royal Family.

In the past two years, Hicks and Gillett have entertained a number of potential investors at Anfield, but a deal is yet to materialise and The Times understands that Gillett held talks with another interested party in London last night.

Gillett’s visit to Merseyside was not without controversy as members of the Spirit Of Shankly (SOS) fans group, which has long been opposed to his and Hicks’s regime, protested against the American ownership of Liverpool at the club’s Melwood training ground.

An attempt to stage a similar protest at Anfield during the Hull game was stifled when flags and banners criticising Hicks and Gillett were seized by Merseyside Police shortly after they were unfurled in the Kop stand.

"Considering what Hicks and Gillett paid it is a huge increase in the club's value to somewhere between £400m and £700m," Harry Philp, managing director at sports financers and advisers Hermes Sports Partners, told the BBC.

"They had to refinance their debt with their banks recently. Despite paying off £60m of their debt recently as part of that refinancing it is still surprising, particularly considering that plans for a new stadium are on hold."

"The Saudis will have to take 25% of the club from each of Hicks and Gillett if they want half the club, but whether they both would be willing to sell any more of their holdings is unknown," added Mr Philp.

BBC NEWS | Business | Saudis 'eye stake in Liverpool'

F6 could purchase all of Gillett's 50 per cent stake in the Merseyside outfit to take joint control alongside Hicks, with another option that they buy part of the Texan's share.

"We have not reached a final agreement yet," Gassim Hamidaddin, F6 deputy managing director, told Reuters.

"We are discussing how much 25 per cent or 50 per cent in Liverpool will be worth."

Sky Sports | Football News | Premier League | Liverpool | Reds could land Saudi funds

Sky Sports | Football | Premier League | News | Reds could land Saudi funds

.Reds could land Saudi funds

Investment company confirm Gillett talks

Last updated: 28th September 2009

..Liverpool could secure significant new investment with a private Saudi sports investment company in talks with co-owner George Gillett.

F6, who are chaired by Saudi prince Faisal bin Fahd bin Abdullah, have confirmed they are holding talks with Gillett, who holds power at Anfield alongside fellow American Tom Hicks.

Hicks and Gillett have been forced to shelve plans for Liverpool's new stadium due to the ongoing global economic crisis.

And manager Rafa Benitez saw his summer transfer budget restricted with the signings of Glen Johnson and Alberto Aquilani largely financed by Xabi Alonso's departure to Real Madrid.

Final agreement

F6 could purchase all of Gillett's 50 per cent stake in the Merseyside outfit to take joint control alongside Hicks, with another option that they buy part of the Texan's share.

"We have not reached a final agreement yet," Gassim Hamidaddin, F6 deputy managing director, told Reuters.

"We are discussing how much 25 per cent or 50 per cent in Liverpool will be worth."

Hicks and Gillett have come under fire from some Liverpool supporters since taking charge, with the duo also enduring a fractious relationship at times.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

Sky Sports | Football News | Premier League | Liverpool | Reds could land Saudi funds

No they couldn't