You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Quite a good article buy over egged imo. Poorly advised by his agent or sold on by benitez to raise money for team rebuilding? Who knows for sure and who cares?

The sad fact is Owen's biggest mistake was leaving Liverpool. His second biggest mistake was joining newcastle.

Im still a great fan of Owen's but just where his career will end up after this season is anyone's guess. In all honesty, it wouldnt surprise me if he quit football to concentrate on his horses but, I'd still love to see him back at Liverpool.

Rafa was left with little choice really, £8m or lose him on a free the following season. He'd had 18 months to make up his mind and hadn't, you couldn't blame Rafa & Parry for not taking the chance.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can imagine the ginger goalie, now a grown man, turning up at St James Park when they go down

"who's laughing now fuck stick?"

Owen will always have the last laugh. He's a multimillionaire with a far better career the fat ginger lad ever had.

As for the article, it's pointing out the obvous really. His career fucked up when he left us. That's all there is to it.

Guest RafaIsRafa

He's shot, ridiculously slow now, piss poor control and even his finishing is going down the pan. Fuck him, he made his choice.

The view that Michael's career is gone to shit due to greed or selfishness doesn't wash. Obviously he made bad choices and his biggest 'mistake' was probably developing the ambition to play abroad as a kid.

But instead of chastising him and laughing at his plight since leaving maybe some Liverpool supporters should realise that if we had been brave enough to leave him out for longer periods when he started to develop injuries as teenager and in his early twenties rather than rush him back he wouldn't be in the position he was in now.

Although he himself wanted to be back ASAP every time though to contribute majorly to some of the best moments of our lives. I remember reading about Houllier making him train with the rest of the first team after one injury when he clearly wasn't ready. But has anyone ever heard Michael say a bad word about Liverpool.. no. So lets not pretend he was just a good player who happened to play for us, he was someone who grew up at the club,loves the club and helped make us proud again. He made sacrafices while he played for us that have cost himself a lot personally and people should remember that not only because he almost single handedly kept us going for a few seasons(as a truly world class player in an alehouse team) but also that with a decade of success at Liverpool he has an affinity with the club some of us can only dream of.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
The view that Michael's career is gone to shit due to greed or selfishness doesn't wash. Obviously he made bad choices and his biggest 'mistake' was probably developing the ambition to play abroad as a kid.

But instead of chastising him and laughing at his plight since leaving maybe some Liverpool supporters should realise that if we had been brave enough to leave him out for longer periods when he started to develop injuries as teenager and in his early twenties rather than rush him back he wouldn't be in the position he was in now.

Although he himself wanted to be back ASAP every time though to contribute majorly to some of the best moments of our lives. I remember reading about Houllier making him train with the rest of the first team after one injury when he clearly wasn't ready. But has anyone ever heard Michael say a bad word about Liverpool.. no. So lets not pretend he was just a good player who happened to play for us, he was someone who grew up at the club,loves the club and helped make us proud again. He made sacrafices while he played for us that have cost himself a lot personally and people should remember that not only because he almost single handedly kept us going for a few seasons(as a truly world class player in an alehouse team) but also that with a decade of success at Liverpool he has an affinity with the club some of us can only dream of.

You know what

I could believe all of that, had he not took the money at Newcastle or spat his dummy and stitched the club up because Rafa told him he wasn't as good as he thought he was.

You are talking about the lad who reduced a young girl to tears on a Lucozade advert shoot because the "artificial" rain wasn't warm enough

Worra tit

I've no problem with Owen. He contributed a hell of a lot to our team while he was here, so I'm afraid I'm not going to join in the bashing.

Same here, he carried us at times.

As for ripping him he knows what he did and thats enough for me.

I'd take him on a free or for a knock down fee in the summer as back up to the kid.

I'm out of this thread now.

That clip is from a Michael Owen summer soccer school thing in which Carragher also participated. Just seeing that article totally missed the fun element of the whole program. He does look a tit in it but thats because we haven't seen the whole program.

Where is the fun in having a Professional striker from one of Europes biggest clubs stick 1 on 1's past a teenage goalie and then laugh in his face and celebrate like he'd just won the European Cup? (I say "like" he'd just won the European Cup because we'll never know how Mr. Owen would celebrate such a victory).

He was acting a total bellend.

When he stopped scoring great goals and started shamelessly whoring himself out to the highest bidder:- Off The Post off the post Video: Michael Owen takes you on a tour of Dubai in his chopper

He's a bad bellend isn't he? Really bad. With cheese on top.

"Hi I'm Michael, are you buckled up and ready? Grreat!"

Fuck off you horrible, traiturous cunt.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
He's a bad bellend isn't he? Really bad. With cheese on top.

"Hi I'm Michael, are you buckled up and ready? Grreat!"

Fuck off you horrible, traiturous cunt.

Nice!!!

15958028_6975fc7eb0.jpg

So many different views. Firstly there's no way rafa would have sold him in the same window as we only had a few days to replace him. Secondly it all went wrong while he was still here. The last couple of seasons showed his body to be fucked. His season in real Madrid went as well as he could have hoped, his goal per game ratio was very high.

The worst decision was Newcastle but he needed games to get fit. Unfortunately his injuries got worse and he's just a bit part player now. Feel sorry for him? Yes, as the video showed (nothing wrong with it) a goal machine that would have beaten the England record and maybe had a good career in Spain or elsewhere here. He's not a cunt, he's never been outspoken about us, and plays the game in the right manner mostly.

Take him back? Too broken.

Get over the little guy, he did well for us. Clap him back.

Some of the comments on here are akin to what we save for references to the S*n. Or in threads involving child abusers.

People have such short memories, we got him for free, sold him for £8m and in between got 200 odd goals off him. Without there would never have been a cup treble and we would have been mid table.