You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Getting pissed

Paul

Best way to feel a bit pissed  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Best way to feel a bit pissed

• Very quickly off one or two drinks
    • Very slowly after a marathon sesh

The most quickly I've ever got pissed was when I went drinking with someone first thing in the morning after working a night shift. We (my workmate and I) heard something on local radio about them doing their breakfast show from a pub, so when we finished work at 7am we barrelled on down there & ordered pints. Fuck me, we were hammered after a couple. I think it was because our stomachs were completely empty (well, that's my excuse...) - I'd eaten my sandwiches at about 2am and had had nothing since. Anyway, the looks we got from the people in the pub who thought we actually going to, rather than coming from work, were priceless. :biggrin:

Aye, that's a bit like all-dayer-strolling-from-beer-garden-to-beer-garden pissed I'd imagine. Do it at a nice casual pace and it's a winner.

That's the recipe for a great day out - days like that are to be treasured.

Being a real ale twat I love those rare occasions when I drink loads without feeling wrecked - it means I can remember every different pint I've had.

Is there a worse combination of bad tasting drinks? Jagermeister is horrendous and redbull stinks and leaves a horrible taste in your mouth.

They have Jager on tap in a lot of places here, 6 bottles upside down in a chilled box with a tap at the front. Great novelty I suppose.

To answer the poll, marathon drinker but would prefer to be pissed after 4 no doubt.

Aye and Lager tastes likes its been freshly vacumed from the Virgin Marys teet.

I go out with the sole intention of getting fucked. Cheers Mark. So not spot on.

I have been for a drink with you and you are quite social and with it when you have had a drink. I am referring to those who put loads of ale away before they leave the house, and rate a night by how much they drank.

I have been for a drink with you and you are quite social and with it when you have had a drink. I am referring to those who put loads of ale away before they leave the house, and rate a night by how much they drank.

I do that when I'm broke because 24 bottles from the local Supermarket cost E18.99 but when you're out 1 bottle can cost E5 as you well know. The idea is to get totally fucked before you get in the taxi, sober up enough on the walk from the taxi so the bouncers let you in and then get one or 2 shots at the bar and you are fucked for the night.

Ace.

I do that when I'm broke because 24 bottles from the local Supermarket cost E18.99 but when you're out 1 bottle can cost E5 as you well know. The idea is to get totally fucked before you get in the taxi, sober up enough on the walk from the taxi so the bouncers let you in and then get one or 2 shots at the bar and you are fucked for the night.

Ace.

But I don't see the need to be totally fucked on a night out, I do enjoy a drink but getting to the stage were you are worried incase the doormen fuck you off is a bit much, especially at the start of the night

Guest TK-421

I think if you get drunk too quickly, for example if you're on an empty stomach, then you're heading for hangover territory. A slow burner is better based on a sound dinner. Sneak in a raspberry preserve flapjack for dessert and you're good to go.

But I don't see the need to be totally fucked on a night out, I do enjoy a drink but getting to the stage were you are worried incase the doormen fuck you off is a bit much, especially at the start of the night

Bouncers in Dublin are so strict you wouldn't believe it mate. If you sneeze you're fucked out. Going clubbing in Dublin is a totally different experience to clubbing in Liverpool.

And do you never get them nights where you just want to be totally too fucked to care?

I reckon Leeson would groove pretty well on the discotheque dancefloor, just an educated guess.

Leeson has trouble staying upright when it's time to do the deyisco deyernce. I'm long past dancing at that time. Usually stumbling into people and finding a quiet corner to puke in.

I think if you get drunk too quickly, for example if you're on an empty stomach, then you're heading for hangover territory. A slow burner is better based on a sound dinner. Sneak in a raspberry preserve flapjack for dessert and you're good to go.

C3PO.jpg

The most quickly I've ever got pissed was when I went drinking with someone first thing in the morning after working a night shift. We (my workmate and I) heard something on local radio about them doing their breakfast show from a pub, so when we finished work at 7am we barrelled on down there & ordered pints. Fuck me, we were hammered after a couple. I think it was because our stomachs were completely empty (well, that's my excuse...) - I'd eaten my sandwiches at about 2am and had had nothing since. Anyway, the looks we got from the people in the pub who thought we actually going to, rather than coming from work, were priceless. :biggrin:

Bloody genius.

I think when you're a kid you probably want to get shite-faced as soon as possible as it's cheaper. As you get a bit older you want to be able to enjoy your pints and have a good day. I love a Sunday in front of the footie and all the other Sunday sport on the box in my local. Sitting there watching game after game from the early kick off until the Spanish footie ends around 10pm. I can comfortably get through a dozen pints and not be totally pissed as long as I've have a bite to eat. It must be said though that at 6"4 and 17 odd stone, it's not a huge surprise I can hold a few pints.

I wish I got drunk easier it takes a lot for me to get really plastered, costs me a fortune if I go out drinking.

I'm about 6'4 and wide shoulders I'm not a lanky guy by any means so it takes a lot.

I've got work off until next Tuesday so I'm getting drunk tonight I'll keep track of how much Bacardi it takes to get really buzzed. I've got one of those big bottles from the duty free shop, gotta love that duty free liquor :yes: