You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Maybe Parry was more receptive to the Keane transfer because Liverpool have just opened a shop in Ireland?

Who the fuck told you that? Because whoever it was is a liar. I didn't bother quoting the whole post because there's a "bullshit limit" on that function. You are taking the theory that Parry bought Keane as fact and supporting that claim with more "fact" about there being a Liverpool shop in Ireland.

Here's a hint, keep lurking, you were good at it.

As for this issue, how many times can it be discussed without doing peoples heads in? There's 2 or 3 threads on Rafa going/staying, being a shithouse, being brilliant blah blah blah every day. It's discussed 24/7. It's negative. It's boring. It needs to go away. The only way to do that is to put together a string of great performances, which sadly doesn't look like happening at present. Its gone beyond a fucking joke though, how many times can people repeat the same opinions without getting tired of it?

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PS...

YOU CLUELESS SET OF BLIND TWATS (if there is such a thing)

RAFA only wanted to get rid of XABI because he had no fucking funds

GUESS WHY

because coco had already decided that KEANE was worth 20m, whilst barry was only worth 18m IF RAFA PAID FOR 14M OF IT.

THIS IS WHY HE WANTS HIM OUT.

i swear to god, some days i think how the hell are liverpool fans so stupid

If it was rafas way in the summer, it would be barry in, keane a maybe. its pretty godamn obvious.

Anybody who punctuates their rants with "Yak" has no right to call anybody stupid. Anybody who thinks signing Barry and letting Xabi go has no right to call anybody blind. Anybody who is the equivalent to "intelligence" what Callum Best is to "celebrity" has no right to call anybody "clueless" or a "twat". If you want people to respect your opinions and listen to your points then you need to stop being such a fucking bellend.

Straighten up.

looks like someone is being flushed out with this story

Hicks in talks with Kuwait billionaire over Liverpool sale• Talks proceed after Al Kharafi approached

• American owners under pressure to repay £350m loanAndy Hunter The Guardian, Friday 23 January 2009 Article history

Tom Hicks has endured a fractious relationship with the Liverpool fans. Photograph: Jason Cairnduff/Action Images

Liverpool's co-owner Tom Hicks has revived the prospect of another takeover at Anfield by opening negotiations with the Kuwait billionaire, Nasser al Kharafi, over a possible sale of the club.

Talks between the American's representatives and Al Kharafi, who is estimated to have a £9bn fortune, were held in the last fortnight as part of Hicks' ongoing attempts to raise the funds to build a new stadium on Stanley Park. It is understood, however, that a deal for Hicks and George Gillett's entire holding has also been discussed.

The American co-owners value Liverpool at around £600m, a figure that prompted the ruler of Dubai, Sheikh Mohammed al Maktoum, to drop his long-standing interest in the club. Hicks and Gillett were granted a six-month extension to their £350m refinancing deal for Liverpool earlier this month but are under pressure to raise the funds for that repayment to the Royal Bank of Scotland and to find an estimated £400m required to construct the stadium. Gillett also has to refinance a £40m loan secured as a personal guarantee in the refinancing package.

Nasser al Kharafi was initially approached by Gillett when the co-owner was looking to sell his 50% stake in Liverpool last year but a deal could not be agreed. The latest approach came from Hicks and without Gillett's knowledge, however, highlighting the ongoing division within the Anfield hierarchy and raising the prospect of another fraught battle for control of Liverpool at a time when Rafael Benítez's side are in pursuit of their first league title for 19 years.

Al Kharafi, the 48th richest man in the world, has been previously linked with a move for Newcastle United and talks are currently at a preliminary stage. Hicks is known to want to maintain a majority stake in Liverpool and a place on the club's board but, given the current economic climate, may accept an offer for a full sale should the Al Kharafi family meet the Americans' asking price.

Who the fuck told you that? Because whoever it was is a liar. I didn't bother quoting the whole post because there's a "bullshit limit" on that function. You are taking the theory that Parry bought Keane as fact and supporting that claim with more "fact" about there being a Liverpool shop in Ireland.

Here's a hint, keep lurking, you were good at it.

As for this issue, how many times can it be discussed without doing peoples heads in? There's 2 or 3 threads on Rafa going/staying, being a shithouse, being brilliant blah blah blah every day. It's discussed 24/7. It's negative. It's boring. It needs to go away. The only way to do that is to put together a string of great performances, which sadly doesn't look like happening at present. Its gone beyond a fucking joke though, how many times can people repeat the same opinions without getting tired of it?

Where did I say "PARRY bought Keane"? I said "Parry may have been more receptive " which means when Rafa told him who he wanted, Parry may have thought that the Keane deal might be better for LFC and pursued that deal more attentively.

Maybe instead of moaning about Rafa going or staying you should concentrate on your reading problems.

As for the "SHOP" IT WAS MEANT AS AN EXAMPLE NOT LITERAL which is why I put I.E.

Or to spell it out for you in words you may understand. If Mr Benitez wanted both players , Mr Parry might be more willing to press for the purchase (buying) of Mr Keane, because Mr Keane may help with sales in Ireland(and elsewhere)more than Mr Barry would.

I.E. (FOR EXAMPLE) Mr Ferguson/Mr Gill bought Mr Park because apart from being a decent player he was Asian and might help with sales in Asia. (Asia is a continent far far away) :angel:

Where did I say "PARRY bought Keane"? I said "Parry may have been more receptive " which means when Rafa told him who he wanted, Parry may have thought that the Keane deal might be better for LFC and pursued that deal more attentively.

Maybe instead of moaning about Rafa going or staying you should concentrate on your reading problems.

As for the "SHOP" IT WAS MEANT AS AN EXAMPLE NOT LITERAL which is why I put I.E.

Or to spell it out for you in words you may understand. If Mr Benitez wanted both players , Mr Parry might be more willing to press for the purchase (buying) of Mr Keane, because Mr Keane may help with sales in Ireland(and elsewhere)more than Mr Barry would.

I.E. (FOR EXAMPLE) Mr Ferguson/Mr Gill bought Mr Park because apart from being a decent player he was Asian and might help with sales in Asia. (Asia is a continent far far away) :angel:

Patronising cunt.

Reading problems? Sorry mate, the only problems I have with reading are when I'm reading something with too many spaces, random capitals and poor grammar. Before having a go at me you should probably get your own house in order. And e.g means "For Example" whereas i.e means "In other words", "Which means" or "In this case" i.e. you used it wrong.

Picking up on your point about helping sales in Ireland. The Irish market is one which Liverpool have already cornered and one which isn't lucrative enough to warrant signing anybody.

Patronising cunt.

Reading problems? Sorry mate, the only problems I have with reading are when I'm reading something with too many spaces, random capitals and poor grammar. Before having a go at me you should probably get your own house in order. And e.g means "For Example" whereas i.e means "In other words", "Which means" or "In this case" i.e. you used it wrong.

Picking up on your point about helping sales in Ireland. The Irish market is one which Liverpool have already cornered and one which isn't lucrative enough to warrant signing anybody.

You missed the whole point of my original post, which was to say that there are many facets to a transfer, and maybe Rafa is not the best person to judge them. I am no lover of Parry but I would expect that when it comes to looking at the different aspects of a transfer as an accountant he would have a better idea of the plusses or minuses they will have on said transfer.

I.E. We bought Keane in installments (or so I am led to believe) maybe the Barry deal couldn't be arranged in such a beneficial way.

No need for all the cr@p mate, I was just making a post.

You missed the whole point of my original post, which was to say that there are many facets to a transfer, and maybe Rafa is not the best person to judge them. I am no lover of Parry but I would expect that when it comes to looking at the different aspects of a transfer as an accountant he would have a better idea of the plusses or minuses they will have on said transfer.

I.E. We bought Keane in installments (or so I am led to believe) maybe the Barry deal couldn't be arranged in such a beneficial way.

No need for all the cr@p mate, I was just making a post.

You post on a discussion forum so that your post is discussed, no? There was no crap. I was merely picking through the flawed logic of your original post. You then responded in a patronising and slightly retarded way hence my reply.

Now I see the point you were making and on some levels agree with it. Ultimately the failure of the Barry deal was down to Xabi -> Juventus collapsing. In my eyes anyway.

You post on a discussion forum so that your post is discussed, no? There was no crap. I was merely picking through the flawed logic of your original post. You then responded in a patronising and slightly retarded way hence my reply.

Now I see the point you were making and on some levels agree with it. Ultimately the failure of the Barry deal was down to Xabi -> Juventus collapsing. In my eyes anyway.

I don't mind discussing what I wrote, just not what I didn't

write. I didn't write that Parry bought Keane, which seemed to me the point you had problems with.

If it is a choice between Rafa leaving or Xabi in the summer. Goodbye Rafa. Good Luck.

I support Liverpool FC not Xabi Alonso FC.

Just something for the anti Rafa crowd to remember. (As that's what they are now whatever faux objectivity they try to wrap it up as.)

I'd even go as far as to say that any player who would quit because Rafa left, I don't want them here anyway.

I agree with that. Liverpool was around before Rafa and will be when he leaves. I don't want him to go, but would not be impressed by anyone wishing to leave if he did (unless it was a serious shafting by the board and the player said "I aint playing for them cunts, motherfucker, on live telly).

Not sure about that, we have the players already and if we could keep the majority of them then . Its not like Houllier when we were left with a load of shite bar Gerrard.

What we need to do is sack the man who brought in these better players, get Klinsman in and then expectations can be lowered as we go back to fighting for fourth. All this topping the table for 8 weeks is a disgrace.

This bit really screamed out at me when I read Balague's latest piece:

"I applaud Martin for making this point, when so many have been quick to criticise Rafa for spending £20 million on Robbie Keane. We will never know what Rafa – if left to his own devices – would have paid for the Spurs striker. But what we do know is that it was not Rafa’s decision to spend £20 million on Keane as he does not negotiate the deals – while at the same time it was the club that decided not to pay £18 million for Gareth Barry. And that is the point. Martin does not mention that, perhaps, if it had been up to Rafa, he would not have bought Keane at the first time of asking, that he may have held out and negotiated the price down."

The suggestion that Parry goes out and does deals without saying to Rafa "this is how much it's gonna cost, do you still want to pay that?" is laughable.

I agree. Still doesnt escape the fact that the board/Parry decided 18M was too much for Barry. Martin Samuels article was spot on when he said it's about trust. Rafa knows he has it very good here, almost perfect in his eyes I would think except for that one problem and it is a big problem.

What we need to do is sack the man who brought in these better players, get Klinsman in and then expectations can be lowered as we go back to fighting for fourth. All this topping the table for 8 weeks is a disgrace.

Do you think getting a novice manager lowers expectations though? Do you think Barcelona fans lowered their expectations when they got Rijkaard, or even now with Pep Guardiola? I am finding this forum really hard to digest with the extreme positions towards the left and right (pro and anti Rafa). Why can't we have simple discussions? i.e. for your 8 weeks of league challenge we have had 4 years of no challenge but you sarcastically mention the 8 weeks as if it is the norm.

None of this is good for the club and we need Rafa's contract signed and sorted soon so we can get on with things, but we also need to reign him in a bit for the good of the club or else a decent man will end up the same way as Houllier - too much power and ego to the detriment of the club. I myself am frightened by the original post on this thread, how can anyone not be?

I seem to remember some people on here suggesting they won't go the match any more if Xabi is sold. How does that fit with no player being bigger than the club?

Or the fact that those same people desperately want the owners out, but won't boycott the ground in the struggle against Hicks and Gillet ?

Do you think getting a novice manager lowers expectations though? Do you think Barcelona fans lowered their expectations when they got Rijkaard, or even now with Pep Guardiola? I am finding this forum really hard to digest with the extreme positions towards the left and right (pro and anti Rafa). Why can't we have simple discussions? i.e. for your 8 weeks of league challenge we have had 4 years of no challenge but you sarcastically mention the 8 weeks as if it is the norm.

None of this is good for the club and we need Rafa's contract signed and sorted soon so we can get on with things, but we also need to reign him in a bit for the good of the club or else a decent man will end up the same way as Houllier - too much power and ego to the detriment of the club. I myself am frightened by the original post on this thread, how can anyone not be?

I dont disagree with what you said, I was just being sarccy. Phil doesn't like Rafa, but quite happily admits it wont be that bad if Rafa goes, cos we've a much better squad now than when Ged left. DUR, who got those players in and made them what they are ? DUR Rafa !

Sorry TT, just being touchy to Phil.