You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Class Games of the Speccy/C64 era

Section_31

13 notes it cost me though from Bits and Bytes, in the mid 80s when most games were about 2.99. Fucking hell.

Bits & Bytes. Fuck me, that takes me back. That was the one in Old Swan, used to be a tatty shop on Prescot Road before they moved into the bus shelter that is now the Netto on the corner of Green Lane.

He used to sell copies as well. Never bought one off him myself but I know he used to make the odd few quid from it. I went halves on Jet Set Willy with a mate of mine from there. The money we saved going halves we probably spent using up the film on his Mams Polaroid camera trying to get a decent pic of the colour-code copy protection card that came with it. I think we ended up doing it the long-winded way, writing down all the colour combinations on the back page of an exercise book.

Jet_Set_Willy_color_card.gif

That one.

Footballer of the year 1 and 2 were great games. Kenny Dalglish Football Manager, all the Dizzy Games, manic miner, The Hobbit, Trapdoor. I had a Spectrum +3 with disk drive and I remember their were only about 14 games available on disk. Got a game called Nomad free with the computer, which cost £129.99 in 1987 or 88. Madness. Bit and Bytes was the shop every computer user used to flock too. Ace times.

Guest The Big Green Bastard

Zaxxon fukin awesome game.

arcade-1662321

Elite stole my youth

elite.jpg

Paradroid quite a complicated game for beginners

paradroid.png

The daddy "operation wolf"

1126699018.jpg

Last of all a footie management game called "The Boss" used to load the game up, break into the program with the runstop button and find the input line for my starting cash amount, change my money to £100000000000000000000000 and then run the game.

22558.png

Wasn't it called "Soccer Boss"?

McCaffrey used to score loads.

Im playing it now and the mighty Mintoff/Cuthbert partnership is paying dividends and ive just beat a team called Tow Low? in the 1st round of the cup!

yes on that website, im totally hooked now. just been playing dictator and im still useless at it! great site though and well worth a butchers, only problem is that you dont what keys to press for some games. just about to play pitstop if its possible to. If you look under strategy you will find "the boss".

yes on that website, im totally hooked now. just been playing dictator and im still useless at it! great site though and well worth a butchers, only problem is that you dont what keys to press for some games. just about to play pitstop if its possible to. If you look under strategy you will find "the boss".

in case you missed previous reply strategy>the boss

• 15 years later...