You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

It's really upsetting, I hope that doesn't sound dramatic but it really is, I have also thought about the fact he was overweight and how easily these things can happen, although I'd be lying if I said this sausage and black pudding butty wasn't very comforting at this time.

Did you manage to get one and did it help?

Guest davelfc

Ewan McGregor: 'Jesus. The world just lost one of its great actors. James Gandolfini has passed away. Thoughts to his family. Such a talent. I'm saddened.

Mia Farrow: 'awful awful news. James Gandolfini will be missed. He was a great actor. Just great.'

Albert Brooks: 'R.I.P James Gandolfini. One hell of an actor.'

Octavia Spencer: 'RIP James Gandolfini. So sad!!'

Lorraine Bracco: 'We lost a giant today. I am utterly heartbroken.'

Robin Williams: 'My thoughts and prayers go out to James Gandolfini's family. An extraordinary actor. RIP, Mr. Gandolfini.'

U.S. Sen. John McCain: 'RIP James Gandolfini, one of the nicest guys I've ever met.'

Ed Asner: 'Thoughts and prayers go out to James Gandolfini's family. Just so f***ked.'

Will Arnett: 'So saddened by news of James Gandolfini's death. What talent. He shall be missed.'

Shannen Doherty: 'James Gandolfini.. So talented, so nice and far too young to be taken away. You will be missed Sir.'

Patrick Wilson: 'R.I.P. James Gandolfini. So awful. What a fantastic actor…so much to say but I can’t even process. My condolences to his family.'

Russell Simmons: 'Not tony soprano! Damn. Such a good guy and a great actor. James, rest in peace.'

Jonah Hill: 'I'm truly heartbroken to hear that James Gandolfini has passed away. He is one of my all time favorite actors. Tragic loss.'

Rob Thomas: 'R.I.P. James Gandolfini. Such a great actor. More than just tony soprano and that would have been a lot on its own.'

Marlee Matlin: 'Shocked at reading about the untimely passing of James Gandolfini. A man of enormous talent. What shocking and sad news.'

Kristin Chenoweth: 'NO. Not James Gandolfini. He was in my top 5 favorite actors EVER.'

Debra Messing: 'Heartbreaking news about James Gandolfini... Shocking. HUGE loss. Kind, humble, and a Singular Talent. Rest in Peace.'

Damon Lindelof: 'James Gandolfini. You created an icon. And you cut to black way too abruptly. Thank you, and rest in peace.'

Wes Craven: 'Farewell to the great American actor James Gandolfini. I was a huge fan. My condolences to his family and his many fans.'

Kevin Smith: 'RIP James Gandolfini! Your iconic portrayal of mob boss Tony Soprano gave soul to a monster and fostered perverse pride in the Garden State!'

Jimmy Kimmel: 'I’m sadder about James Gandolfini than everyone else.'

Gavin Rossdale: 'james gandolfini– so sad what an incredible actor. more loss. be good to each other. it’s all so short.'

Carson Daly: 'SO SAD! PRAYING FOR HIS FAMILY- wow- Shocked by this news today...'

Josh Henderson: 'Just read about James Gandolfini.. Never met him but what a damn good actor. Gone way to soon. Rip brother.. #prayers'

Dominic Monaghan: 'Oh man James gandolfini died. Fantastic in the soprano, and true romance. A great talent.'

Alyssa Milano: 'Rest in peace, Mr. Gandolfini.'

Rainn Wilson: 'Arrivederci, James Gandolfini. You were one of the great greats. We’ll miss your dangerous, big heart. #RIPGandolfini'

Josh Groban: 'Thank you James Gandolfini for some of the most brilliant tv moments of all time. So sad!!!'

Giuliana Rancic: 'Just heard James Gandolfini has died of a heart attack at the age of 51. So incredibly sad.'

DJ Pauly D: 'Wow RIP #JamesGandolfini !!!! My Favorite Show Of All Time The Sopranos , My Heart And Prayers Go Out To Your Loved Ones.'

Leah Remini: 'R.I.P James Gandolfini. My prayers to his family and friends. He will certainly be missed by us who loved watching him.'

Debi Mazar: 'Husband informed me that #JamesGandolfini just passed,In Italy.Im devastated My condolences 2 his family&friends.He passed in his motherland.'

Michael Chiklis: 'James Gandolfini. This is a tremendous loss. A brilliant actor and a wonderful man. Our deepest sympathies to his family. Devastating.'

Katey Sagal: 'Speechless. James Gandolfini. Really sad... Hug the kids.'

Ron Perlman: 'Sweet journey home, James Gandolfini... The brightest stars burn the fastest....'

Lance Bass: 'So so so sad about James Gandolfini - 51 is way too young.'

Yolanda Foster: 'Fly with the angels James Gandolfini, you will be missed'

Eddie Marsan: 'RIP James Gandolfini. His performance in the Sopranos changed television and helped to make US cable drama series the new American art form,'

Paddy Considine: 'Waking up to the sad news about James Gandolfini. Shocked and saddened. A young man at 51. Leaves a great legacy for actors to aspire to

Peaches Geldof: 'RIP James Gandolfini- 51 is too young to go. He was one of the greats! The legend of Tony Soprano lives on forever!'

Armandao Iannuci: 'People were surprised James Gandolfini was so different from Tony Soprano. That's because he was a great actor. Warm, gentle and funny.'

Michael Moore: 'James Gandolfini, one of the good guys, kind and generous, and an active supporter of documentary filmmakers. R.I.P.'

Jesse Tyler Ferguson: 'Could not be more heart broken. RIP James Gandolfini.'

Kat Dennings: 'James Gandolfini. Sad sad day. Way too young. Made a beautiful mark on this world.'

Zachary Quinto: 'james gandolfini gone too soon and sorely missed already. rest in peace.'

Olivia Munn: 'RIP James Gandolfini. An amazing actor who changed the game and raised the bar. You will be missed.'

Justin Timberlake: 'Really though... This James Gandolfini passing is so sad. My heart goes out to his family in this time. RIP #takentoosoon'

Lea Michelle: 'Such sad news about James Gandolfini... What an incredible actor... My thoughts are with his family.'

Zach Braff: 'James Gandolfini was an amazing actor. Life is too short.'

Samuel L. Jackson: 'Massive blow to the acting community today... The passing of James Gandolfini. So talented. My heart goes out to his family!'

John Cusack: 'RIP James Gandolfini - had the pleasure of working with him and knowing him a bit- always a truth teller- gent and all around class act-'

• Upvote 1

Shit news. One of my favourite actors ever.

Extremely sad news, a big fan of his talent.

I'm in exactly the same boat, I've had very similar thoughts this morning.

Same here. Not on his level but best to nip it in the bud.

You can add me to that list.

Again not that big but hit 30 this year and want the weight off to help my knees and general fitness.

If you smoke, give that shit up. I've not had a cigarette for 9 months and have never felt better. Get yourselves the electronic versions if you can't give up.

Get yourselves a pedometer and find out how many steps you do a day and then bump it up if really low. You will need to change your diet too.

So simple to do...

Sad times. I gave up the midweek boozing and invested my time into watching quality tv series (Sopranos and The Wire being my first ventures). Never looked back since - my body thanks my for it I am sure because my midweek drinking was heavy.

James Gandolfini's Tony Soprano engrossed me and on the way helped me become a better person (apart from my faggyness). Pyar gutted when I read the news this morning.

I'm usually a sarky cunt when people die because most people suck and I don't care that they are dead, but I was actually sad this morning when I heard the news.

I was already on another run through and I'm halfway through the last series. Last night Tony was laughing about Phil having heart trouble.

Also as others have said, its only on watching through again that you really appreciate how much of a pain on the arse Carmela is. On first run through I had some sympathy for her, now I just think she's a spoilt, selfish bitch.