You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Been watching season five again, I didn't like it when I first watched it but don't know why looking back, it's boss. Lot less music than in the first couple of seasons though I've noticed. Especially the first, where there's about three or four pieces of music that seem to get reused over and over.

Tell you what though, still think season three is pretty poor by its standards. Jackie Junior is shite.

Watching Season 6 part one again and aside from the brilliant coma episodes I find it very weak compared to the others.

The Vito being Gay angle just seems to go on and on without much happening.

They really looked to be struggling by this stage and I noticed a few changes in the production staff and crew which may have explained this.

Watching Season 6 part one again and aside from the brilliant coma episodes I find it very weak compared to the others.

The Vito being Gay angle just seems to go on and on without much happening.

They really looked to be struggling by this stage and I noticed a few changes in the production staff and crew which may have explained this.

I actually thought it was the best since season 2 but didn't like the coma episode. Not keen on the dream episodes as a rule.

from what I read David chase had planned only one part to series 6 then ended up rethinking due to pressure from hbo which is why it seemed dragged out in parts at series six part one.

The second half was far far better.

Didn't the entire cast go on strike or summat, demanding a 7th series so they negotiated to split S6 into 2 separate sections?

from what I read David chase had planned only one part to series 6 then ended up rethinking due to pressure from hbo which is why it seemed dragged out in parts at series six part one.

The second half was far far better.

This is exactly how it looked from my point of view too.

As for the coma dream sequences,i have to admit that i liked them and thought they were quite clever. They were also easier for Gandolfini as he got to speak in his normal accent for a bit.

As a father,i thought they were quite heartwarming and heartbreaking in equal measure.

There was also some comedy gold in those episodes too. Paulie's conversation when he spoke to Tony during his coma and Bobby shooting the rapper to increase record sales were hilarious.

I don't wanna get graphic beyond that; the idea repulses me so much.

I've never been promoted, but if I ever do I'm gonna play that 'big boss man' tune from when Phil Leotardo becomes boss.

"The inkjet printer, I used to use it myself. No more though."

I have a housemate who loves it as much as me, and one who's never seen it all the way through. We're trying to get him through, I think we're a few episodes into series 2 but he keeps ducking out. I can't hold it off much longer and will probably shoot through them one more time before uni starts again.

Every episode is so good, it completely drowns out any bad parts like the coma stuff and Jackie Jr.