You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

England v South Africa

Spy Bee

So what do people think of Pietersen's comments regarding how he will captain? Fairly predictable, I suppose, saying he'll go on instinct, gut feeling etc. It's the same thing that both brings out his best and worst batting. Anyone know how many Tests England are scheduled to play before the Ashes next year? Also, will captaining the One-Day team fast-track his captaincy skills even where Tests are concerned, despite the varied differences in both forms of the game?

Well, at least it won't be boring.

9 Tests until the Ashes; 1 left against South Africa, 2 against India before Christmas, 4 in the Windies in February/March and 2 at home against Sri Lanka next May.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BBC SPORT | Cricket | England | England recall Harmison and Broad

Harmison and Broad recalled, Bopara and Sidebottom left out. Flintoff will bat at 6. I like the balance of this side as we will bat down to number 8 (or we should do anyway) and we'll have 5 bowlers.

Yeah I'm happy with that I suppose, and like you said Ian, theoretically we bat all the way down to no 8.

Bopara and Shah should be given a chance before the ashes though.

oooh, Prince survives his first ball, but there were 6 slips ready for the catch.

The ball from Harmy that got Amla was 93mph, that's what England have been missing in the last few tests...

Is right. England's problems this season have been (in my opinion) twofold. When we're put in to bat, too many of the top order have been guilty of poor shot selection. There's been a lot of tame and unnecessary dismissals. Secondly, when put in to field, if the conditions don't suit our bowlers then players like Smith will simply rack up big scores as we don't (didn't) have a genuine pace bowler who can really get under the batsman's skin. If the ball isn't swinging, you need someone to come in and bowl a 93mph yorker: when Harmy's radar is switched on, he's one of the best at it. But well done KP today, some real enthusiasm in the field.

Very positive start from and for KP.

Adil Rashid got 7/107 today too.

Wow. I know Hampshire are one of the weakest teams in CC1, but even so. Very impressive.

This lad has to be knocking on the door soon? Him and Monty for the tour of India would be mandatory surely...