You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

England v South Africa

Spy Bee

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gutted that I am in work, thankfully I have the BBC commentary. It would be great if the openers could put on a tonne and stick it to Smith etc who have been banging on about who their pace will skittle us.

An early dart home tonight if things go well :P

Anyone going to one of the matches? Me and a few mates are in Headingley next Friday. Startoff at Bretts for a big brekkie, then over to the ground for the game and hopefully a few beers in the sun.

I'm going to the Sunday of the Headingley Test. We're driving over in the morning and staying in Leeds that night. So it'll be a top day at the cricket followed by a big night out and a killer hangover on the Monday.

Can't wait!

Did I hear right on the wireless this morning that Flintoff should be back for the Headingley test?

Could be. I watched him bowl down here for Lancs against Sussex last week he also batted quite well for a 50 on the last day of that match, according to my boss who is a member down Hove. Also he batted fairly well in the 20/20 Quarter final on Tuesday

His batting looks in better nick than anytime in the last year or so, but he defo seems a bit rusty on the bowling side.

I think England have asked him to join up with the squad as an unpicked player for this test match.

Anyone going to one of the matches? Me and a few mates are in Headingley next Friday. Startoff at Bretts for a big brekkie, then over to the ground for the game and hopefully a few beers in the sun.

Yes, I am going to Edgbaston on the Thursday. Got Press box seats for this one. I hope the weather is better than last time when I got soaked and had to leave without seeing a ball being bowled.

Fred will play in Leeds. He's was as quick as fuck against Mddx in the T20 the other night.

Oddly enough, so was Harmy in the FP Quarters; a four-fer and up to 94mph! Fuck me.

Just as I'm about to type that the much-hyped SA pace barriage looks shit, Morkel pins Strauss pitching way outside leg and the Aussie ump gives it.

Collapse alert now - 160-6 job.

Fred will play in Leeds. He's was as quick as fuck against Mddx in the T20 the other night.

Oddly enough, so was Harmy in the FP Quarters; a four-fer and up to 94mph! Fuck me.

Just as I'm about to type that the much-hyped SA pace barriage looks shit, Morkel pins Strauss pitching way outside leg and the Aussie ump gives it.

Collapse alert now - 160-6 job.

Harmison bowled some great stuff down at Hove this year. He took a hat trick, looked on decent form at times. But still looked fairly inconsistent at times. he really does need some more time in the County Scene and more wickets to get his confidence back.