You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Riise has some nerve

Ritchi3

John Arne Riise has vented his frustration at not yet being offered a new contract at Liverpool.

Riise, who was part of the 2005 UEFA Champions League and 2006 FA Cup winning sides, has one year left to run on his present deal at Anfield but is keen to know where his long-term future lies.

The Norwegian has admitted that if he is still in the dark in the close season he may even look at a potential move away from Merseyside.

"I don't feel that I have been treated badly, but I think that the club should have said something since I've been here seven years," Riise told Dagbladet.

"I've won everything that we have won and I've played everything that's worth playing. It's up to the boss to decide.

"It's disappointing that everything is so tight, with one year left on my contract and I haven't heard anything.

"I don't know what the manager thinks, no-one does. I don't think about moving on but something has to happen this summer. It's hard to say anything for sure but I will consider a switch to another club this summer.

"There's two games left of the season, and I can get my 350th game for Liverpool. That's 50 games a season almost, I have nothing to prove."

The I have nothing to prove quote sums up his mentality, he got the move to Liverpool had a good year or two and decided theres no need to improve and has declined as a result ever since.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe he's actually played 348 games for the club, i cant see him playing for us again.

In fairness, Rafa could have shipped him out a year or two ago. It's not Riise's fault that he's made so many appearances.

We should be looking for at least £6m.

He does actually have a point. It can't be good for the player when there is so much uncertainly over their future. Rafa does have a habit / history of letting players run their contracts down and keeping them in the dark. More often than not we end up getting shafted in the transfer market because of it too.

In fairness, Rafa could have shipped him out a year or two ago. It's not Riise's fault that he's made so many appearances.

We should be looking for at least £6m.

I thought he would of gone a couple of years ago, circumstances however have kept him at the club, Traore and Warnock getting sold 2 seasons ago, Aurellios injury last season etc, but i think this summer he will go.

I wouldn't say its Rafa's fault the players contracts are being ran down there has been a few problems at boardroom level. I get the feeling he was worried that if he sold players like Crouch and Risse he may well of not seen that money go back in the team. The owners haven't exactly been honest in the past.

Was a bargain. has been a great servant to this club. Scored some truly memorable goals. helped us win a good few trophies. been poor last two seasons. Time to go. All the best John. End of thread

Fucking horrible ginger cunt, aids, etc.

What a horrible dispicable comment to make about one of our players. Would you say that if he had he banged one in ( I know its unlikely ) from 25 yards to put us through on Wednesday? Yes, his time is up as an LFC player but that comment is below the belt.

What a horrible dispicable comment to make about one of our players. Would you say that if he had he banged one in ( I know its unlikely ) from 25 yards to put us through on Wednesday? Yes, his time is up as an LFC player but that comment is below the belt.

it was sarcasm (which often doesn't work well in the written form)

read the 'other' riise forum from just after the match - then you'll need to apologize to senor baps.....

This is exactly the lack of humility that has stood in the way for him to be the player e could have been. He'I can't wait for him to leave the club. Every fucking article about

Liverpool FC in Norwegian papers the last seven years has somehow been related to this fella and hopefully that is over soon. Big headed twat who doesn't know how lucky he is playing for this club.

Put yourself in his position, you have been at a place of employment for 7 years, you have been successful, and would like to know what your future is.

What is wrong with what he has siad or is thinking.

This band wagon is fucking out of order, at least a couple of people on here have said 'Nice one John, thanks for the memories'.

Some fucking fans you lot are.

Fucked me right of this thread.

No need.

Put yourself in his position, you have been at a place of employment for 7 years, you have been successful, and would like to know what your future is.

What is wrong with what he has siad or is thinking.

This band wagon is fucking out of order, at least a couple of people on here have said 'Nice one John, thanks for the memories'.

Some fucking fans you lot are.

Fucked me right of this thread.

No need.

My problem is not him wanting to know his future it's his "I have nothing to prove" quote after he's just knocked us out of a Champions League Semi Final.