You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• 2 weeks later...

Once this season is finished, the wife and I have decided to revisit all of them.

From what I remember, they weren't great before Frank came into it, what season did he appear, was it 3?

I think Frank first appears in the second series & I would agree that there is an improvement from that point onwards.

I'm up to season 5. I can't watch too many on the bounce as it becomes a bit of a slog for me.

I generally watch 2-3 episodes now, then leave it for a week or two till I watch it again. It has really made a difference in my enjoyment. I haven't got a favourite just yet.

I always see episodes mentioned on here and the temptation to find them and skip ahead is hard to contain. But I manage it.

It's brilliant.

Once this season is finished, the wife and I have decided to revisit all of them.

From what I remember, they weren't great before Frank came into it, what season did he appear, was it 3?

I was very unsure about it initially but the 1st series isn't as bad as I thought first time around when I rewatched it. But I think at that point you're used to the characters anyway so it's a totally different experience. 

One of the few shows that for the most part seems to have improved year on year. 

I remember reading something about Fox not being too keen to continue after season one unless they could get a decent big name to come in as Frank. I don't think they could have got a better man to play him.

You can tell that he really enjoys playing the part, he just looks like he is so into it. 

• 2 weeks later...
GLENN HOWERTON COULD BE LEAVING IT'S ALWAYS SUNNY IN PHILADELPHIA

One of the main stars on It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia might not return for Season 13.

During an interview with Uproxx, Dennis Reynolds actor Glenn Howerton was asked if his character will be coming for another season following the events of the Season 12 finale. Howerton, surprisingly, said there's a good chance he won't continue doing the show for a few reasons.

"So… it’s a little complicated," Howerton told Uproxx. "It’s not entirely certain whether I am or am not," adding he "might be, but I might not be."

Howerton then went on to confirm his potential decision to leave the long-running comedy series is solely down to a personal reason, as he doesn't have any issues with the cast and crew.

"It has nothing to do with my relationship to anyone on the show," Howerton said.

Howerton recently signed on to star in an NBC comedy pilot alongside Patton Oswalt. The untitled project is being created by Seth Myers, Lorne Michales, and Mike O'Brien and could be the reason why Howerton, for the first time in 12 years, isn't ready to commit to another season of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.