You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dee is hilarious at times. Mac is the weakest character for me.

Mac for me, while not the most influential or exciting character, is the glue that holds them all together. He's the one who will be more socially aware of others but his arm is twisted the easiest. He's as important as everyone else imo.

Watched that lotto ticket one from the latest season again yesterday. Was in stitches all over again. It might be my favourite episode.

Was quality that like. The last couple of episodes were disappointing though.

• 10 months later...
The end of It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia’s 12th season left Paddy’s Pub in a dark, unsure place. Glenn Howerton’s Dennis decided to man up and move to Nebraska to be a true father to his son, Brian Jr, knocking the Gang’s numbers down to four. Ever since, speculation has abounded about whether or not Howerton would actually return to the FXX show for season 13. Charlie Day said he expected Dennis back, but now we have confirmation straight from the horse’s mouth.

Speaking with Entertainment Weekly, Howerton put it bluntly: “I would like to dispel any rumors that I left It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia to do A.P. Bio. They are two completely different projects,” he said, referring to his new show at NBC.

He continued, “We’re currently discussing what we want to do next season, but we haven’t started the writers’ room yet. So I haven’t left It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia. The conversation really should be about what’s going to happen with Dennis, not what’s going to happen with me, and that’s something we don’t have an answer to yet.”

Spectators thought A.P. Bio, which debuts on NBC February 1st, would keep Howerton from being a full-time cast member on It’s Always Sunny. But Day is able to have a fulfilling film career and Kaitlin Olson headlines The Mick on Fox, so why can’t Howerton hold down two jobs, too?

Still, the decision to move Dennis out of Philly was in part to free Howerton up for more work. According to him, though, it was also a creative choice. “After 12 years, we’re trying to mix things up,” he said. “We put the characters through things that will actually affect the rest of their lives, by Mac finally coming out of the closet and by having Dennis leave at the end of season 12. So it was a creative decision.. and it also potentially afforded me the opportunity to free myself up to do some other work.”

Just as A.P. Bio premieres, the Sunny crew will be re-entering the writer’s room. The goal is to have season 13 of the FXX series back on air this fall.

• 5 months later...

Dennis is brilliant, he's only in a couple of season 13 apparently.

He's been working on that AP Bio show that he's co-written and stars in. It's shite. Watched the first episode and it was proper, proper shite.

Hopefully he'll be back for a full season 14.