You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

do you want us to sign David Bentley?

Paco

Do you want us to sign David Bentley?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want us to sign David Bentley?

• Yes, look what he's done at Blackburn
    • No, he's a good player in a mediocre team

So, did we buy Kuyt as a wide right player?

Would you say a player like Maxi Rodriguez or maybe certain other people's favourites like Quaresma would also do a job their as well as having the benefit of having played on the right (and if nothing else it stops him doing that stupid outside of the foot crossing when he's dumped on the left)?

See the problem isn't you wanting better players it's you being so stuck on certain players irrespective of their positions or how they fit into the team.

Well I'm not stuck on any players, I'm stuck on wanting us to become a better side with better players. Whats the problem in my case?

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That shite lump, Bikey of Reading, has Scored more goals since he signed in August 2007 than Pennant has since he signed for us in August 2006.

Just thought I would highlight how poor Pennant is.

Devastating statistic.

We should be able to strike a good deal if Pennant is part of the deal.

Considering the cash we are likely to have, a deal involving Pennant leaving is the only realistic option for me. I can't see the point in having both of them. In fact in anything past the short term, I can't really see the point in having Pennant at all.

Well I'm not stuck on any players, I'm stuck on wanting us to become a better side with better players. Whats the problem in my case?

Depends on what you think we need, attacking players for the sake of attacking players or the right players for the way we play.

So, did we buy Kuyt as a wide right player?

Would you say a player like Maxi Rodriguez or maybe certain other people's favourites like Quaresma would also do a job their as well as having the benefit of having played on the right (and if nothing else it stops him doing that stupid outside of the foot crossing when he's dumped on the left)?

See the problem isn't you wanting better players it's you being so stuck on certain players irrespective of their positions or how they fit into the team.

as ive pointed out to you, both Nasri and Fernandez can play left, right and in behind, they have that ability to come wide, beat opponents and deliver crosses, they also have a trick or two, they can play in those positions. Someone like Aguero is different in that he is much better dribbling and using his pace and strength through the centre... it's not about being stuck on certain players it's recognizing certain players abilities and attributes.

obviously, we have highly paid scouts who should know everything about these players but sometimes I wonder..

Considering the cash we are likely to have, a deal involving Pennant leaving is the only realistic option for me. I can't see the point in having both of them. In fact in anything past the short term, I can't really see the point in having Pennant at all.

Problem is, will anyone else? Given what a non-event his time here has been, I can't see that we're going to be raking in the greenbacks when he finally leaves.

There's a difference between interchanging and rotating throughout a game and buying players to play out of their natural position.

If we had a left winger, attacking midfielder and right winger interchanging during a game it's no problem, when we have a left winger, attacking midfielder and attacking midfielder starting games is when we contine to see the unbalanced attacking game.

Take Madrid, they have an abundance of left sided attackers and central attackers but they would be so much more balanced if they had a naturally right sided player in the team.

I would be shocked if we had a top class "winger" on each side next season, therefore we will struggle to find a balance? Its about making the best of what you have and if you have better players your opportunities improve. Im not saying got out and buy 5 right backs like Leicester City or 4 left wingers like Real Madrid, I dont know where that idea came from?

Depends on what you think we need, attacking players for the sake of attacking players or the right players for the way we play.

We need players to change how we play. We are too predictable and dont have enough players capable of bailing his team mates out when they put in an average or below par performance.

I keep reading "Arsenal do this/Arsenal do that" and thinking that it's not beyong the realms of possibility that Arsenal may finish beneath us again this year, so not really the perfect model to follow. I might be wrong but I think that the wheels may have fallen off.

I keep reading "Arsenal do this/Arsenal do that" and thinking that it's not beyong the realms of possibility that Arsenal may finish beneath us again this year, so not really the perfect model to follow. I might be wrong but I think that the wheels may have fallen off.

That would win me a lot of money! Its the one result in an accumalator I need...

A week before we start a three game run against them perhaps wasn't the best time to come out with that.

I want attacking players for the sake of it! as long they're young, talented and have scope for improvement. you're deluded thinking there's top class wingers just waiting to be signed, truth is we have to sign players who aren't quite there yet or who are available from selling clubs and MAKE them top class!

A week before we start a three game run against them perhaps wasn't the best time to come out with that.

True, but in all honesty I can confidently say that unless one of the players reads the forum, then gets cocky, then it spreads throughout the team and they become complacent, my post will not influence the games.

True, but in all honesty I can confidently say that unless one of the players reads the forum, then gets cocky, then it spreads throughout the team and they become complacent, my post will not influence the games.

Rafa reads them, he'll get cocky, he'll watch eastenders instead of pro-zoning all the Arsenal games because Stu said Arsenal are fucked, post will bite you in the ass.

That and if we finish ahead of them again it would shake football to it's foundations that Rafa's shit team has finished ahead of the unbeatable foetus' again.

Not alot more to be said!

attacking players, talented, young and available from clubs who will do business, yes, that's what I want. i could care less about the finer details, if I could get Aguero I would just get him for the sake of it and Gerrard would be in CM with Masher

Simple as that

I want attacking players for the sake of it! as long they're young, talented and have scope for improvement. you're deluded thinking there's top class wingers just waiting to be signed, truth is we have to sign players who aren't quite there yet or who are available from selling clubs and MAKE them top class!

Now, that is stupid imo. I'm all for signing good young talent but not if we have good young talent in them positions but lack in other positions.

Would be happy if we signed 3 strikers and wasted all our money on hem?

We should sign players who fit in with how the manager wants us to play and in positions that he believes need strengthening.

Now, that is stupid imo. I'm all for signing good young talent but not if we have good young talent in them positions but lack in other positions.

Would be happy if we signed 3 strikers and wasted all our money on hem?

We should sign players who fit in with how the manager wants us to play and in positions that he believes need strengthening.

i'm not suggesting we sign 3 strikers though, that would be silly. but clearly, if we want to strengthen creative options, i would take the best and brightest I could get my hands on

i'm not suggesting we sign 3 strikers though, that would be silly. but clearly, if we want to strengthen creative options, i would take the best and brightest I could get my hands on

But if we have Babel who's young and plays left of 3 forwards or whatever position you call it, why sign someone who plays there when we need someone on the right more urgently?

Is it only me who finds the way rebel talks about getting his hands on young talent disturbing?

that's because you have a fantasist's mind

But if we have Babel who's young and plays left of 3 forwards or whatever position you call it, why sign someone who plays there when we need someone on the right more urgently?

all players I suggest tend to be versatile, when they're not I will qualify it and make it clear