You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bascombe

Guest Kenny

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone in a high position has to speak out against the fuckhead. I believe in order to get the solution we all want from this mess, there will be sacrifices.

Parry and Moores are utter gobshites. Both a pair of fannys who should be exiled from Liverpool. They claim to be Liverpool through and through but yet they stand back and watch as this malignant cunt tries to hang on to power.

Hicks's reign is at its weakest now and someone (whether it be Moores, Parry or even Rafa) has to speak out and attack Hicks's running of the club and publicly plead to Gillet to sell his stake to DIC.

But i have a fear that the 2 pussies are gonna sit quietly in the corner while Hicks molests and destroys the greatest football club britain has ever seen.

I agree with claims that we are gonna play a vital role in this mess but if one of the pussies were publicly on our side I think it would be more likely that we would achieve our goal.

What i cant understand is people saying Moores and Parry cant speak out because they would get sacked but Hicks cant sack anyone without Gilletts authorisation as well so if they purely attack Hicks then their jobs should be safe.

If DIC do buy the club then Moores and Parry will be removed from the club regardless so neither of them have anything to lose and in Parrys case he will just walk into another cushy job at the Premier League.

I personally feel Moores should come forward and say he has made a mistake but will do everything within his power to correct it. This would let any fans who are undecided on if Hicks is good for us or not make their minds up.

Hicks as been on a charm offensive in that he has agreed contracts for Mascherano and offered Sami and Crouch new contracts with a rumoured contract extension for Rafa.

I dont think Gillett will speak out because if DIC are trying to buy his shares then i would have thought there is a confidential clause in there where he has to keep quiet.

What i cant understand is people saying Moores and Parry cant speak out because they would get sacked but Hicks cant sack anyone without Gilletts authorisation as well so if they purely attack Hicks then their jobs should be safe.

If DIC do buy the club then Moores and Parry will be removed from the club regardless so neither of them have anything to lose and in Parrys case he will just walk into another cushy job at the Premier League.

I personally feel Moores should come forward and say he has made a mistake but will do everything within his power to correct it. This would let any fans who are undecided on if Hicks is good for us or not make their minds up.

Hicks as been on a charm offensive in that he has agreed contracts for Mascherano and offered Sami and Crouch new contracts with a rumoured contract extension for Rafa.

I dont think Gillett will speak out because if DIC are trying to buy his shares then i would have thought there is a confidential clause in there where he has to keep quiet.

Yeah bang on coop. Moores should admit to his mistake and try to correct it. It would go along way to repairing his shattered reputation.

Neil for the 100th time... Moores and Parry could have rejected Hicks and Gillett on the back of their bankruptcies, Corinthians etc etc.... the highest bidder doesn't always get preferential treatment. So yes they have to consider the Yanks but that consideration can be for 5 minutes.

Moores is a stupid cunt and parry a greedy bastard, anyone who thinks moores is in the boardroon fighting our case wants there head examined, 6 months and he has'nt given an interview the man is a fuckin coward and should be lambasted at games until he comes out and either supports us or admits that he sold us down the river without bothering to research those 2 yank pigs.

We don´t know what the situation behind the walls of LFC is at the moment, but if Moores still thinks he has some power to influence the decision made by Hicks (and Gillett), then he should try to stay diplomatic in his statements, because if he looses all contact with these two, after that it will be just a spitting contest via press, and Hicks, being the fuckwit he is, is free to do whatever he wants with this club.

But maybe you´re right, he should say something. I´m just not sure when.

Anyone wishing they could turn the clock back to last Saturday evening in the Sandon armed with what we know now....

Fuck last saturday, anyone wish they could turn the clock back to just before Parry was wining and dining that cunt gillet with a view to buying the club in the first place.

Maybe the protests going on now would have worked a lot better before the deal was done........

I don't think speaking out would do any good anyway, I mean what would you say? "Tom Hicks is determined to destroy this club!!!"

What makes you say that David?

"He's took loans out to secure his ownership and start the stadium!"

"Er, so?"

"Well it's not nice!"

As Al Pacino says in Heat: "Arrest them for what? They didn't steal anything yet!"

Would you speak out at work if it meant your job? I suppose it depends on the situation and whether you have a conscience.

Possibly not as I need the money. I some how think this isn't such an issue for Parry and (especially) Moores.

• 2 weeks later...

Gillett death threats

Furious Kop fans warn George not to sell out

By CHRIS BASCOMBE

ANFIELD co-owner George Gillett has received death threats from Liverpool fans warning him not to sell any of his stake in the club to partner Tom Hicks.

Gillett and his family have been targeted by a series of emails across the Atlantic, fuelled by The Kop's anger at reports he'll leave the club at the hands of his partner.

But Gillett insists he has no intention of selling Hicks any of his shares.

An Anfield source said: "George has assured the club he's not prepared to sell Tom even half a per cent, never mind one per cent.

"While the focus has been on what Hicks and Dubai International Capital want to do, it seems people have been ignoring the man who'll really decide who he sells his stake to."

Gillett is determined to break his ties on Merseyside after just one year in charge, but recognises the catastrophic legacy if he left Hicks in control.

But there remains cautious optimism the American ownership will draw to an inevitable conclusion in the months to come.