You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

WILL JAY SPEARING MAKE THE GRADE AT LIVERPOOL

Walton Park

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucas was not only insrtrumental in creating the most clear cut chance we had on the night, but he effectively (along with Spearing) controlled the midfield, breaking up Stoke play, keeping hold of the ball, and moving the ball forward into attcking positions. The incident you refer to at the end of your, quite frankly, idiotic post, saw Lucas effectively forcing the Stoke player sideways to the touchline and into a non-dangerous area, enabling Spearing to come in on the blindside and make the tackle. The Stoke player ended up in touch and on his arse, not as a result of the tackle, but as a result of Lucas allowing a couple of seconds to pass to ensure the ref knew we had control of the ball, then pushing him on his arse in touch.

Both players worked in tandem, and played well, the only dodgy moment being Jay giving a free-kick away in a silly position in the second half.

Having watched your initially slow, but recently rapid descent into idiocy, I'm afraid your posts can be likened to you shitting all over the floor, then picking up handfulls of the shit, flinging some of it at the walls and smearing the rest of it all over yourself.

And for the avoidance of doubt, the fact that many posters regard you as an idiot is not a badge of honour, it just means that people think you're covered in your own shit.

And with that, as your yapping adds nothing of any value, you can go on ignore.

I'm surprised it took you so long.

Lucas and Spearing had a big role in the uprising of Liverpool last season under Dalglish and to be honest, I feel their partnership have been missed this year. Spearing like Lucas is not the creative force like Gerrard or Adam, but he keeps the ball moving, quick first touches and gets the ball passed on. We look much more assured on the ball with these two in the middle.

Gerrard / Adam should NOT be played in the middle, I think game after game have showed that we lose control of the midfield all too often with them. Gerrard should be used wide right or in the "hole" behind the striker.

Summed up - I like Spearing, he gives us control of the midfield and is excellent at shortpassing (better than Gerrard in my opionion). Now I absolutely love Gerrard, but feel he is misplaced in a MC position.

I'd love to see us in some kind of 4411

Suarez

Downing Henderson Gerrard

Lucas Spearing

Enrique Agger Carragher Kelly

I know that this is perhaps not our most prolific team, but it's the best TEAM imo and would control and create a bunch of chances.

Lucas was not only insrtrumental in creating the most clear cut chance we had on the night, but he effectively (along with Spearing) controlled the midfield, breaking up Stoke play, keeping hold of the ball, and moving the ball forward into attcking positions. The incident you refer to at the end of your, quite frankly, idiotic post, saw Lucas effectively forcing the Stoke player sideways to the touchline and into a non-dangerous area, enabling Spearing to come in on the blindside and make the tackle. The Stoke player ended up in touch and on his arse, not as a result of the tackle, but as a result of Lucas allowing a couple of seconds to pass to ensure the ref knew we had control of the ball, then pushing him on his arse in touch.

Both players worked in tandem, and played well, the only dodgy moment being Jay giving a free-kick away in a silly position in the second half.

Having watched your initially slow, but recently rapid descent into idiocy, I'm afraid your posts can be likened to you shitting all over the floor, then picking up handfulls of the shit, flinging some of it at the walls and smearing the rest of it all over yourself.

And for the avoidance of doubt, the fact that many posters regard you as an idiot is not a badge of honour, it just means that people think you're covered in your own shit.

And with that, as your yapping adds nothing of any value, you can go on ignore.

Great stuff!

Lucas and Spearing had a big role in the uprising of Liverpool last season under Dalglish and to be honest, I feel their partnership have been missed this year. Spearing like Lucas is not the creative force like Gerrard or Adam, but he keeps the ball moving, quick first touches and gets the ball passed on. We look much more assured on the ball with these two in the middle.

Gerrard / Adam should NOT be played in the middle, I think game after game have showed that we lose control of the midfield all too often with them. Gerrard should be used wide right or in the "hole" behind the striker.

Summed up - I like Spearing, he gives us control of the midfield and is excellent at shortpassing (better than Gerrard in my opionion). Now I absolutely love Gerrard, but feel he is misplaced in a MC position.

I'd love to see us in some kind of 4411

Suarez

Downing Henderson Gerrard

Lucas Spearing

Enrique Agger Carragher Kelly

I know that this is perhaps not our most prolific team, but it's the best TEAM imo and would control and create a bunch of chances.

This.

A Lucas and Spearing partnership in midfield was brilliant last season. Both supporting each other with Jay being the more destructive player. We look far more balanced as a team and unit. Pretty much the same way that Alonso and Mascherano worked well together.

I think we've missed that energy this season in the middle of the park, especially in certain games like Spurs away. Adam or Stevie alongside Lucas hasn't worked either. Not sure with Stevie getting on a bit he's got the legs for it. Adam's fitness levels have been questionable. I like Adam, but he's more suited in a midfield three.

Lucas will never be a defensive midfielder like the way Mascherano was and in some games has needed help. Jay could do his some of his ground work and at the same time provide more cover to our back four, which has been far too easy to get at.

Since people are talking about Lucas and Spearing in the same breath, and I agree that there is not a vast difference in quality between them, all I have to add to this discussion is to ask how long in the first team it took Lucas to get to his current level compared to Jay? If we give him the number of first team starts Lucas has had I would bet money he'd be the better player.

Gerrard / Adam should NOT be played in the middle, I think game after game have showed that we lose control of the midfield all too often with them.

You mean the one and only game they played together in the middle when we had a great first half in which we should have been 3/4-0 up?

Since people are talking about Lucas and Spearing in the same breath, and I agree that there is not a vast difference in quality between them, all I have to add to this discussion is to ask how long in the first team it took Lucas to get to his current level compared to Jay? If we give him the number of first team starts Lucas has had I would bet money he'd be the better player.

I don't think Spearing is as good as Lucas. Not even close in all honesty.

Spearing will never play for Liverpool as many times as Lucas has already, which tells you all you need to know.

That's a great point to be fair. Players improve with games.

Watching Spearing at Sunderland and Arsenal the end of last season, I thought for sure he was going to get more of a look in this season because he was so solid. I thought the same thing about Flanagan as well. Jay worked hard, his passes were good and he was unlucky not to score (the Sunderland game when he was through on goal, then the curler that was surely going top corner). Then we spent money on midfield positions with new signings and he's lost his place in the pecking order again behind Adam and Henderson. I really think he'll make it here, just needs more first team starts paired with Lucas, preferably.

Fuckin hell people actually agree with me that Lucas and Spearing are an effective partnership. So why the fuck am i still of neg rep??

Negged for rep begging.

I don't think Spearing is as good as Lucas. Not even close in all honesty.

Neither was Lucas in his first couple of seasons. That's sort of my point. I think Jay is a cracking little player and if he gets his chances he'll improve a lot more.

Fuck knows if he'll actually be better or not, but it's a bit early to call.

You must have missed the plethora - that's right, plethora - of quick, first time passes up to the front two against Stoke.

That was the bonus for me. Thundering into the tackle I expect from the little red goblin. Quick incisive passing through the oppos midfield was unexpected.

You must have missed the plethora - that's right, plethora - of quick, first time passes up to the front two against Stoke.

That was the bonus for me. Thundering into the tackle I expect from the little red goblin. Quick incisive passing through the oppos midfield was unexpected.

True this.

One thing that's been missing from our midfield has been this incisiveness and willingness to drive forward. I thought he added urgency to the midfield that perhaps we haven't seen enough of so far.

Overrated due to his birth certificate. We'll be a long fucking time catching up to the rest with this small time mentality.

You would appear to be a bitter fucking bellend with - for a purported Liverpool fan - a rather dim view of the place in which the football club is located.

You fucking quack on about scouse-bias in lots of your posts, including your myriad anti-Carra rantings, and as such I've come to the conclusion that you're an insecure OOT fucking cunt.

Do feel free to correct me if any of this seems unfair or inaccurate.

You would appear to be a bitter fucking bellend with - for a purported Liverpool fan - a rather dim view of the place in which the football club is located.

You fucking quack on about scouse-bias in lots of your posts, including your myriad anti-Carra rantings, and as such I've come to the conclusion that you're an insecure OOT fucking cunt.

Do feel free to correct me if any of this seems unfair or inaccurate.

Seems spot on as far as I can tell