You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Potential New Investors

Rashid

Who do you want owning us?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want owning us?

• John Miskelly
    • Gillet and Hicks
    • Steve Morgan
    • David Moores
    • Dubai International Capital
    • Bob Kraft
    • Someone else - please state

We have to be honest that we as ordinary fans know fuck all about how investors would treat us, what they would do when they are in and what their intentions are.

However, we have all read so much these past 5 years on "investment" that we could probably write papers on it now.

Chris Bascombe today said that it is "highly likely" that we would have new owners, so who do you want?

There are so many people who have opinions, some like me who hate G+H others who are suspiscious of investment companies like DIC and so on. So who would you choose and why?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only possible good investor we could get is someone who is a big Liverpool fan, who has loads of cash and doesnt expect anything in return as he is only doing it out of his love for Liverpool.

Unfortunatly such a person doesnt exist and whoever we get are in for what they can make out of Liverpool.

DIC are like the name suggest an investment group from Dubai who will be looking at a return for their money.

Whoever takes over i have no problem at all with them using us to make cash but to do so they have to make us successful on and off the pitch.

At the moment DIC seem the more attractive option as at least they are run by a genuine Liverpool fan who knows the ins and outs of football.

Out of interest Rash do you have a good source of info about DIC, or is the info you post about them just what you have read on the net?

I have nothing really mate but do take an interest in what they do and how they act as I took interest in what they do and did loads of research at the time they wanted us. They are serious investors in my opinion.

How much is John Miskelly and Steve Morgan worth?

Sundat Times Rich List

John Miskelly

£68m

The 42-year-old Belfast businessman has 48 acres of zoned residential land, pubs in Co Down, a supermarket and nursing homes. Added to his MTS (NI), a firm with public sector transport contracts, it sees him debut at £68m.

Steve Morgan

£312m

He still owns a £50m stake in Redrow which he floated in 1994, and is rated at 137th in the British rich list, with a reputed £312m fortune.

More to the point it was Bascombe and he has been spot on, it was he that first busted these owners for what they were trying to do to Rafa and noone is telling me that they didn't try and get rid of Rafa cos they did.

I still have no reason to believe that they were planning to fire Rafa. I dont think it's about that at all. there is obviously trouble at the club, with finance or something, but I dont think Rafas job is on the line. Head in the sand - maybe - but I dont believe the hype, even though the Americans are the new Public Enemies

DIC - they are excellent professionals with a track record of success. I have no problem with them wanting to make money as for that to happen we would have to be very successful. Also I like the fact that a major factor in them wanting us is to gain even more prestige for Dubai and as such knowing the Sheikh's reputation they would do everything in their power to ensure that we presented an image of continuing success.

I have nothing really mate but do take an interest in what they do and how they act as I took interest in what they do and did loads of research at the time they wanted us. They are serious investors in my opinion.

Maybe send in all the research that you did to Dave so that he can include it in the next edition of the fanzine, shame for all your hard work to go to waste.

Also, did you not want to do the same sort of indepth research on G&H?

As for the poll, I would go with Kraft simply from what I read in an interview with Steve Nicol at the time when it was rumoured they were interested in us, he basically said that they stay out of the limelight and let the manager manage and back him to the hilt.

The are loaded and already know who to run a football club. So my vote goes to them.

As for the poll, I would go with Kraft simply from what I read in an interview with Steve Nicol at the time when it was rumoured they were interested in us, he basically said that they stay out of the limelight and let the manager manage and back him to the hilt.

The are loaded and already know who to run a football club. So my vote goes to them.

maybe Bob could buy out Hicks?