You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mascherano

dave u

The Chief - Yay or Nay  

174 members have voted

1. 1. The Chief - Yay or Nay

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ffs it 25m and we are talking like its sweet money for the kids

You can't justify 25m unless he is first choice in midfield

if the player had sense he would buy out his contract with MSI and then sign with the team of his choice (hopefully us) and instead of making money for those bandits he would keep it for himself and his family as it should be

The fee is set, they wont be able to put it up for us but they could refuse to sign and sell him to someone else, at whatever they would pay.

Seeing as i like a bet my money would be on him turning out in the all white of R Madrid

lets hope we win the lot and once he has been outside the George's Hall on an open top bus he will be Scouse and Proud and want to go nowhere else

ffs it 25m and we are talking like its sweet money for the kids

You can't justify 25m unless he is first choice in midfield

if the player had sense he would buy out his contract with MSI and then sign with the team of his choice (hopefully us) and instead of making money for those bandits he would keep it for himself and his family as it should be

The fee is set, they wont be able to put it up for us but they could refuse to sign and sell him to someone else, at whatever they would pay.

Seeing as i like a bet my money would be on him turning out in the all white of R Madrid

lets hope we win the lot and once he has been outside the George's Hall on an open top bus he will be Scouse and Proud and want to go nowhere else

In my best LFC 11, he would be there. So to me he is worth 25m.

For me, Mascherano is the most tactical player at the club. He's a player you can trust to do his job, and always be great. If I was Rafa, wich I obviously isn't, I would play him in every game. Either beside Gerrard or Alonso. The problem is where to fit Sissoko, I really like him and think he's a good player but I think he is by some distance our least talented midfielder.

So I would defo keep Mascherano, at whatever cost, he has the potential to be his generations best defensive midfielder.

I voted yes before even bothering to read Dave's post and I don't regret my decision.

Me too, shoot, ask questions later.

Reminds me of a Bob Paisley quote....

"If you're in the box and you don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net, and we'll discuss the options later"

£25m is too much on the surface of things, but compared to Carrick/Hargreaves it's cleary a bargin.

Our midfield is heavily overloaded, so unless he is first choice (as Bobhorse eluded to) then no. Stevie/Momo/Xavi etc will do the job and deliver quite nicely.

Your all on drugs

We have a fee agreed and now you want to pay double that for a player you already have, so he wont improve your team, as he is already part of it.

If we win the league and the FA Cup and CL then he is a player who makes a diffrence if we come up empty handed then that is 2 years in a row which coinsides with his playing career as a Red at which point you would say no

Lets just hope he wants to stay and Rafa wants to pay the agreed fee and his owners want to sell

Prior to yesterday, I'd always known how great he is from seeing him for the Argies. However, simple, quality moments aside, I hadn't seen him play for us at the level I knew he was capable of and felt that people's opinions of him were based on what he might do rather than what he was actually doing.

That has now changed. He is absolutely superb. If there is a better reader of the game anywhere in the world, I haven't seen him. He is quite simply always in the right place at the right time, whether that be defensively or to support the attack. However, on top of that, he has to be the most composed player since, well, Didi. Nothing bothers him. And has he ever given the ball away? Not that I can remember.

I know it was only Derby at home, but he was superb. I'd pay the money to keep him, no doubt.

I voted No on the basis that there are other areas of the team which are more crtical at this stage and blowing our tranfer budget to retain a player in an area where we already have an embarrassment of riches is not prudent. Spending money in other areas is vital as we could possibly offset losing Mascherano with the players we already have.

Having given it more thought I have come to the conclusion, fuck prudency...and would pay the £25m even if it was our entire budget. I would sell Momo and Alonso before I would want to get rid of Mascherano, I think he is that vital and good. Already World class but with the potential to go another level....and the thought of him going to rivals would weaken our challenge anyway even we did address these other areas.