You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Things that annoy you when driving

Mine are:

Lorries that take ages to overtake each other causing a massive pile up, especially when they have no realistic chance of overtaking someone.

People on their mobiles who never get caught.

People who never ever indicate.

Old biddies driving 20mph in a 40mph zone.

People who sit behind vans/slow moving vehicles for ages then pull out to overtake, blocking you when you are in the outside lane.

Pointless speed restrictions when there are never any roadworkers on the road, there's been one on the M62 for 3 months and I've still never seen one person working on the road.

When you give way to someone and they don't acknowledge you.

As you may have guessed - i'm quite impatient

- Pensioners in Micras.

- Speed bumps in every back road that probably only sees 2 cars a month driving down it.

- Traffic lights. I live over the water in woolly Wirral and the last few years have seen an inordinate amount of these things going up. I'm surprised anyone ever gets a speeding ticket on wirral anymore, given that you can't seem to go 100 yards without hitting another set of lights.

- Cyclists who ride in the middle of the road, especially on bendy country lanes where you've got no chance of being able to overtake them. You just know the bastards are laughing their heads at you. Get over to the to the ditch where you belong.

- School run traffic. My kids usually walk to school but since this perpetual monsoon weather arrived I've been dropping the little 'un off. It's like a bloody free for all. Highway code goes right out of the window. Dropping kids at school should be classed as an extreme sport.

Not when I'm driving but when other people are driving, it really pisses me off when the driver flicks a ciggy out of the window and comes back in and goes down the back of their seat and starts burning them.

Going shopping in cars - old biddies turn into rabid rottweilers trying to steal parking spaces, also - even though it is supposedly slow in the car park, it seems quite dangerous with people almost crashing into me because they are telling their hyperactive kids off in the back of the car and not concentrating on where they are going.

Everything, especially you.

I'm a great driver and everyone else is a cunt.

Driving makes me tired and angry.

Edited to add:

Driving is probably the one thing that I'm extremely obsessive about behaviourally.

A fireman, who is the husband of a colleague, once told me that Baby On Board stickers had saved the lives of several infants in car crashes and motorway pile ups he'd been involved with. Unlike anyone else, babies are completely unable to help themselves and the stickers had ensured the firemen got to them in time.

the fuckwits who sit in the middle lane and refuse to pull over into the inside lane:wallbutt:

Turbo powered undertaking is always fun though. Gently catch them in the slow lane, then put your foot down and fly past. Mmmnn, TypePipe.