You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa's 5 striker targets

According to tonight's echo, they claim Rafa has named 5 striker targets for the summer - althogh they provide no quotes to back it up. This was by Prentice on the back page of the white echo and the center spread of the pink was a profile on all 5. The 5 Strikers are Torres, Tevez, Milito, Hunterlaar and Kone. The was no indication on if/when any would happen - although Rafa said he wants them in beofre pre-season, but if he signs Spanish plater that will be later as they've only been on holiday a week. Pre-season start "next Thursday" for the players who weren't on international duty (I've no idea if that's Thursday coming or the one after) and the players on international duty get an additonal weeks holiday after that.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kone is unplayable on his day. He's miles more skillful than Cisse.

The only problem is his day comes about once in 7 or 8 games and is very patchy inbetween. I really hope we don't get him despite his ability. The inconsistency would be unbarable.

I hope we can still get Tevez personally

Huntelaar is a goal scoring dynamo like Milito. Born to finish. Be happy with any but Tevez.

That is quite a converse opinion to my own with regards to the barbarian. Can I ask why you don't approve of Tevez? (Sorry if you've mentioned it elsewhere but I haven't read it)

Guest PaddyBerger15

Any two out of Torres, Tevez and Huntelaar would be absolutely bonzer.

I agree with the write up about Kone, he is very hit and miss, not the kind of player we need to weighing out dough on. I'd have Bent, Milito and possibly even Cisse back before I touched Kone.

It looks like things might finally be moving now Hicks has got the aggressive rugmuncher in to do the financial thing, while Krusty sits in his office trying to break his personal best for squirting his flower up the window pane.

The Malouda stories are still doing the rounds and personally, I'd really like him, not at 17m obviously, but I think he is ideally suited to the Premiership and I like Benayoun as a player also.

Maybe not as quickly as Rafa would have liked, but finally, perhaps, we are moving.

Guest Fernando Torres
[/b]

For some strange reason I knew that.

Torres and Tevez would make this last four weeks worthwhile. It will not happen but it is a nice thought.

There's really no reason why it shouldn't happen:

In

Torres 25M

Tevez 35M

Simao 12M

Lucas 7M

Baines 5M

Out

Bellamy 10M

Crouch 12M

Sissoko 12M

That's a net summer spend of 50 million pounds. If the yanks can't cough that up with champions league money and increased tv revenue then we should of sold out to the camel jockeys

Guest PaddyBerger15
The problem with Malouda is... if we keep Kewell... we can't have them both on the pitch at the same time.

Mancini or Simao can play on either flank.

Oh right, best not buy Torres or Tevez then, because obviously we cant have Crouchinho, Dirk, Tevez and Fred Towers AND Voromania on the pitch at the same time. Its called a squad mate....and how many games has Kewell played in the last 2 years to give you the confidence to say that signing Malouda might be a 'problem'???

Pennant, Gerrard and Kewell can all play on the right, as can Benayoun if and when he comes in.....wheres the problem?

Oh right, best not buy Torres or Tevez then, because obviously we cant have Crouchinho, Dirk, Tevez and Fred Towers AND Voromania on the pitch at the same time. Its called a squad mate....and how many games has Kewell played in the last 2 years to give you the confidence to say that signing Malouda might be a 'problem'???

Pennant, Gerrard and Kewell can all play on the right, as can Benayoun if and when he comes in.....wheres the problem?

I'm thinking more along the lines of rotational. If Malouda and Kewell are both fit. Only one can play.

If Kewell and Mancini or Simao are both fit. Each can take a flank. Or Gerrard and Kewell or Mancini/Simao can take the left flank. I like the options and ... so does Rafa.

Guest PaddyBerger15
I'm thinking more along the lines of rotational. If Malouda and Kewell are both fit. Only one can play.

If Kewell and Mancini or Simao are both fit. Each can take a flank. Or Gerrard and Kewell or Mancini/Simao can take the left flank. I like the options and ... so does Rafa.

Malouda is his number one target, and other than striker, left wing is his number one target position, Rafa doesn't see eye to eye with you on this 'possibility'.