You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Barca match comments.

drewy

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to be one of our best ever European results. Yet again we are underestimated and prove our pedigree to the doubting skyheaded 'experts'. I had a tenner on the game at 5/1 - easing fifty quid ever - ludicrous hype that even sucked the bookies in. Highly enjoyable but not surprising.

Thought Carra showed his absolute character and quality when we were wobbling after the 1st goal - I'm convinced his calmness and quality lifted the rest of the team when we were looking overawed. Momo really started to get a grip on thegame midway through the 1st half and showed us what we've been missing. All the sky twats were asking about how long mongo was going to be out but not a word about Momo.

A fair way to go yet in the tie but the Rafalution is coming down the tracks. Viva Comandante Rafa ! Tapir is back on the menu and Comandante Nonecko is doing the carving !

Got to be one of our best ever European results. Yet again we are underestimated and prove our pedigree to the doubting skyheaded 'experts'. I had a tenner on the game at 5/1 - easing fifty quid ever - ludicrous hype that even sucked the bookies in. Highly enjoyable but not surprising.

Thought Carra showed his absolute character and quality when we were wobbling after the 1st goal - I'm convinced his calmness and quality lifted the rest of the team when we were looking overawed. Momo really started to get a grip on thegame midway through the 1st half and showed us what we've been missing. All the sky twats were asking about how long mongo was going to be out but not a word about Momo.

A fair way to go yet in the tie but the Rafalution is coming down the tracks. Viva Comandante Rafa ! Tapir is back on the menu and Comandante Nonecko is doing the carving !

He doesn't carve, he just whacks the shit out of it.

Leeds supporting mate of mine texted me to say he'd had a text of an Everton supporter we both know after Barca scored, saying I'd be getting some shit at full time.

Never came funnily enough, nor did he reply to my text :whistle:

I have kept everyone one of the txt's I got at 1/2 time on the 25/5/05. I periodically quote them when they start crowing and getting above their station. I still remember insisting that whenever they talked about us they didnt address us Liverpool, they had to say the european champions. Salad days indeed.

Thats how you treat them with the sub human contempt they deserve:thumbup:

Nothing is better after a great victory than to hear battle cries from the TLW revolutionaries. But where the fuck is NP? I really want to hear his take on this, as I think it somehow might involve belgians and Frank Riikjard.

Basting the tapir with Heineken mini kegs whilst being rubbed down by a team of Filipino mail-order brides.

Nothing is better after a great victory than to hear battle cries from the TLW revolutionaries. But where the fuck is NP? I really want to hear his take on this, as I think it somehow might involve belgians and Frank Riikjard.

NP is probably out golf-clubbing seals in a tribute to Bellamy. Also heard on the news that both Canada and Alaska was out of Heineken.

Ronaldinho is shit in any game that really matters. Fact. He looks even more shit on the second viewing. Yes, i am watching the match twice in a row.

That's bollocks in fairness; you're talking about a truly great player there (his low-down, cheating ways notwithstanding). It's a far fairer criticism of Gerrard. And I don't want to tempt fate for the return leg...

That's bollocks in fairness; you're talking about a truly great player there (his low-down, cheating ways notwithstanding). It's a far fairer criticism of Gerrard. And I don't want to tempt fate for the return leg...

I haven't seen him impose himself on a single game that wasreally important. Transparent in the CL Final, and in last summers world cup as well.

Hahahaha!! Yes!!!! Have some of that.

Two things I am fucking made up about tonight, apart from the result:

1) The way we approached the game. I've been a big critic of Rafa's away tactics this season, and I've set out my thoughts on this in my piece for the next issue of the mag. I really expected him to be ultra-cautious tonight, even if we went one or even two goals behind.

But from his pre-match statements and the way the team went about things it was obvious that he wanted the win tonight. In a game where he could have been excused for playing for a draw or even a one-goal defeat, that was a breath of fresh air. Fuck controlling the game and respecting the opposition, he clearly told them to go for it. If you can take the game to the champions of Europe and arguably the best attacking side on the continent like that, then there is no excuse for doing anything less against anyone we might face in the Premiership. Keep it up Rafa.

2) The goalscorers. You couldn't make it up. Unless you support Liverpool of course.

Walk on.

It was all a PR scam

And how bizarre it worked so perfectly ... Seriously tho I said that too in the pub/ That ref was the biggest bag of bollox i've seen for a long while. What a fuckin joke. I know Riise's not been doin too well but i'm really glad he put that one in. It's one thing to call someone when the chips are down and to criticise mistakes but sometimes a mistake can cost so much and a goal can be worth even more. As in this case.. And i'm 100% confident we will go through this round by hook or by crook now. I'll sleep well now tonight after my 10 rounds of bacon butties !

Agreed, the result is absolutely incredible. We've just come from a goal down to beat the best team in Europe in their own ground. Keys and his cunt mates can say "They're not what they were" as many times as they like, the fact is they have some of the best players in the World, are the European Champions, are top of their League and have a brilliant home record. Tonight is amazing although we've got to remember it isnt over yet.

Second best team in Europe, surely? :whistle:

That's a big fat load of bullshit right there.

Dortmund, Olympiakos, Istanbul, FA Cup final...