You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Our Players In Trouble On The Algarve?

1892-LFCWasBorn

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nahh, something happened mate, that much is obvious.

Not on the scale that these reptiles portray but it happened none the less.

Really... then I guess Fowler is a cokehead. I guess that Gerrard was an alcoholic. Bellamy punched out that bird and Pennant is a burnout who smokes weed and drinks all day.

Thanks for straightening that up.

Really... then I guess Fowler is a cokehead. I guess that Gerrard was an alcoholic. Bellamy punched out that bird and Pennant is a burnout who smokes weed and drinks all day.

Fuck sake mate its obvious something has gone on, to what extent maybe no one on here will ever know bar Dave but its clear something has happened, how little or big though we have no idea. One thing is for sure, the media are always going to go overboard as its just what they do

No, thank you for doing exactly what the press have done.... GUESS!

If nothing happened why haven't the club issued a flat denial? Read my post soft lad, it's pretty much nailed on something did happen just not on the scale the press are reporting.

It's obvious that they went out and had a drink and untill the club sorts out what really happened then that's all that has happened. All this bullshit filth rag reporting is just speculation considering they got all their filfth from the local media. I'm sure THE New of the World has a man in Algarve just waiting for Liverpool players to go bat shit crazy.

Think about how much liquor it would take for you to do some of the stuff they alleged? These are professionals guys.

It's obvious that they went out and had a drink and untill the club sorts out what really happened then that's all that has happened. All this bullshit filth rag reporting is just speculation considering they got all their filfth from the local media. I'm sure THE New of the World has a man in Algarve just waiting for Liverpool players to go bat shit crazy.

Think about how much liquor it would take for you to do some of the stuff they alleged? These are professionals guys.

You're putting these lads on a pedestal mate; they're human beings with more money than you could dream of.

I know, mate. I'm not saying they are saints. I'm not saying they don't like a drink or two. I'm saying that they absolute have to be smart enough to not get totally bamboozled.

If someone happened it was probably along the lines of Bellers taking the piss from JAR for his horrendous play recently and a cop told them to take it inside or something.

It's never, ever, a fraction of as bad as the rags report though is my stance.

I dont think the times would simply regurgitate the NoTW crap. If they did, they would say 'claimed the NoTW'. Ducker has direct quotes. I've said we should wait and judge, but its clear something has happened and not somethign simply down to high jinks (Robbie cutting Razors shoes for example). I will continue to weigh up all I read and hear, but right now I think we have to accept that we've had a very bad incident. As Captain said, the lack of denile in the statement from the club is deafening.

I dont think the times would simply regurgitate the NoTW crap. If they did, they would say 'claimed the NoTW'. Ducker has direct quotes. I've said we should wait and judge, but its clear something has happened and not somethign simply down to high jinks (Robbie cutting Razors shoes for example). I will continue to weigh up all I read and hear, but right now I think we have to accept that we've had a very bad incident. As Captain said, the lack of denile in the statement from the club is deafening.

I agree, I'd be as bold to say that the real perpetrators will be outed in the summer. Or is that ousted?

I agree, I'd be as bold to say that the real perpetrators will be outed in the summer. Or is that ousted?

Indeed. Robbie and Jerzy were likely gone anyway and obvioulsy Pennants role in this (Was he driving the golf cart ? :thumbsup: ) will become a huge factor in whether Rafa will keep hold of him. I cant see any way back for Bellers if even a tiny amount of this is true.

Maybe some of them will be ousted and outed !

RRS: how can a lack of denial be deafening?

RRT shirley ? :tease:

2 parts really. Firstly, that we released a statement is an admission by the club that something happened. Second, the fact that we have not refuted any of the allegations made, suggests that not only did something happen but that the allegations are true.

EDIT: Or read Drewys post !

It's a saying mate.

Eg "Your silence is deafening" the fact you're saying nothing or little compounds your guilt.

Yeah I know the saying, I just though rrt had raped it pretty badly so I decided to diss him a little bit, but I guess was in a minority here! I think I need to sleep now.

Yeah I know the saying, I just though rrt had raped it pretty badly so I decided to diss him a little bit, but I guess was in a minority here! I think I need to sleep now.

Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around my eyes, look into my eyes, you're under.

And sleep!

Mail reporting that Bellamy just threatened him with the golf club and didnt hit him. So someone is defo talking shit.

Bellamy fined £80,000 and facing axe over Riise bust-up

By JOHN EDWARDS

Last updated at 00:04am on 19th February 2007

Craig Bellamy has been hammered with an £80,000 fine and could be heading out of Anfield after brandishing a golf club at team-mate John Arne Riise in a drink fuelled late night bust-up.

Furious Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez imposed the maximum penalty of two weeks' wages and made it clear his fiery frontrunner is on a final warning after a blazing row that overshadowed a five day training camp on the Algarve.

Riise and goalkeeper Jerzy Dudek are thought to have been docked a fortnight's pay as a result of the the rowdy scenes that followed a karaoke competition between the players, but Bellamy has emerged as the villain of the piece.

Anfield sources confirmed that the £6million signing from Blackburn waved a golf club at Riise in a threatening manner but dismissed reports that a sustained attack left the Norway defender's legs covered in bruises.

There were claims in Norway, however, that Riise did suffer bruising at the hands of his team-mate, although the 26-year-old was able to train in Portugal on Friday just hours after the fracas and again at Melwood on Sunday. Benitez, who ordered his players not to speak about the incident, said: "I met this morning with the entire first-team squad and made it absolutely clear to all of them the responsibilities that come with playing for this club and the way they are expected to conduct themselves, both on and off the pitch.

"The players worked hard at the training camp, but we will take disciplinary action and fine any of them who are found to have breached club rules.

"The spirit among the lads is very good, with everyone looking forward to the game against Barcelona on Wednesday. We remain totally focused on what will be a very tough game."

Benitez made his feelings plain to Bellamy and Riise after their angry confrontation in the early hours of Friday morning and left the fiery Wales striker in little doubt that he may already have overstepped the mark once too often.

Liverpool are scouring the market for strikers, with Bayer Leverkusen's Andrei Voronin Anfield-bound on a Bosman free in the summer.

Offloading Bellamy to Aston Villa for £9million now appears to be Benitez's likeliest course of action at the end of the season. Although Bellamy can hardly complain about his punishment, Riise may feel hard done-by.

His adviser, Jan Kvalheim, said: "It is important to note that John did not touch a drop of alcohol all night and that he was one of the first to turn in, at 11.30pm."

Words had already been exchanged at Monty's Restaurant and Bar in the Algarve's Vale do Lobo resort, after Riise took exception to Bellamy's repeated attempts to make him join in the karaoke session.

Bellamy was still seething on his return to the hotel and grabbed a golf club before squaring up to Riise.

Police had already been called to the bar after complaints about rowdiness that apparently involved Dudek, although suggestions that the goalkeeper scuffled with officers and ended up being handcuffed have been denied.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=436992&in_page_id=1779&ct=5

Isn't that a river in Africa?:whistle: So you're saying the club should issue a statement with a lot of water in it?:P Sorry RRS just tryin to lighten the mood.