You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

art of defending:roberto carlos shows you

peekay

No clue mate..found them on the web when i searched for pepe reina using live.com

Maybe he's had one of those Shane Warne style thatches done on his head and is currently on the back of all the Spanish tabloids demonstrating how it works wonders. If he turned up at pre-season training with a Xabi style barnet it would rule.

We can only hope that chavski go and buy the antiquated galactico that never was. Is it really possible that the career and reputation of a player was built on one single goal? Apparently so. One bright brilliant spot from a supernova that then diminishes to obscurity, or real madrid in his case. A million free kicks later, and he's probably scored 4-5 goals, but still nothing like the famed original.

If anyone needs a lesson in hype, this is it. The fact he's Brazilian was instrumental in the whole thing. Had he been from anywhere else, apart from England of course, he wouldn't have had anything like the amount of publicity and bullshit surrounding him.

If they do go and buy him, I suspect they would be playing him mostly in CL matches, because of the 'percieved' extra quality he would bring to their game. I'd just love to see him playing on Saturdays against us and then, a few of the less refined teams, like Sheffield Utd, Bolton and Blackburn, where a static target like that, would mean more time for 'testing his resolve' with the odd dig.

Go and do it maureen, you know it makes sense!

I think he's getting a lot of stick. For me he's one of the best full backs there has been. I agree that he isn't up to his best and hasn't been for a while but you can't take that away from what he once was. Defensively he wasn't as solid as coming forward but when he did come forward he was immense in his day and could hit a sweet as fuck cross field ball.