You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (H) - Sun 10th Mar 2024 (3:45pm)

6 minutes ago, Smell The Glove said:

And if you don't a point in these circumstances will do. We could batter them, lose a goal, score in the 92nd minute to equalise. But fuck that, take the loss.

Fuck your pussy ass a point will do British narrative. You play to win the game. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I think our set-up has changed so much that those great early onslaughts isn’t really in our armory anymore. We don’t have the pressing machines up top that we used to, and our forwards aren’t really capable of the same type of blitz-style attacking that Mane-Firmino-Salah used to from 2017-2020. Winning the ball back from City is also a whole different kettle of fish than the opponents we’ve faced recently (where we have basically been given dozens of goals) If we go out 100 mph I’m actually afraid it won’t end well. Double-edged sword, but I fear we won’t be able to exploit our crowd to the extent we used to.

I DO think we can beat City, but I think we’ll need to do it a different way. There will be plenty of occasions where we can hurt them in transition, and in periods of the game we should be able to establish some pressure on them. They are much more careful with the ball than us though, and if we miss our early chances as well as squander the ball on our way out, there’s a fair chance we will be thoroughly punished. De Bruyne is the big difference-maker for me. If we can get at him and get tight to him, they really aren’t THAT threatening. Give him time and space, and it’ll be a long afternoon for VVD and whoever partners him, running duels with Haaland isn’t something we should be exposing our CBs to too many times on Sunday.

I’m normally more optimistic than most, but I’ll actually take a draw in this one. I think they will beat Arsenal, and I actually think we are capable of winning out. The rest of the league is lightyears away from the top 3, and with us regaining a full squad, I think we will overpower most sides over 90 minutes. Both City and Arsenal will have tough CL games over the next couple of months, more so than our EL adventures, so I reckon our chances are better at keeping up with them in the league than in a H2H on Sunday.

“I know how in this club that you have to say you respect the opponent, Pep Guardiola is the best manager in the world and I have a really good life with not being close to that!"

Nice dig there at Baldy and his "I have a better life" comment at the journalist the other day. In addition to tickling baldy's ego before the game.

• Upvote 1

I expect us to lose this as City are the best team in the league, with that said City have won the league on a couple of occasions when we were better than them so it's certainly not beyond the realms of possibility we could purloin something here.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Strontium said:

I expect us to lose this as City are the best team in the league, with that said City have won the league on a couple of occasions when we were better than them so it's certainly not beyond the realms of possibility we could purloin something here.

Purloin?

It's Anfield, man. We should win, whoever the opposition.  We're not talking about last season's jaded midfield going up against Real Madrid; we're talking about this season's Liverpool going up against a team that's really no better than us.

Gird your loins.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Fowlers God said:

purloin is steal I believe. Never heard it used in context before- Think it was on an Old Millionaire and stayed in the back of my mind. 

That said I have no idea why it would be used over and above "steal"

And I have no idea why you wouldn't put an apostrophe in your username.

Life is full of these little mysteries.

19 minutes ago, Strontium said:

We fear nobody 

unbeliever-life-of-brian.gif

1 hour ago, Carra_is_legend said:

Compare this with Baldy:

Guardiola simply said: "I wish him a speedy recovery and hope he comes back to the pitch as soon as possible."

There's nothing wrong with what he said there.

Pretty sure the way he said it will have been absolutely dripping of cuntery though, the passive aggressive weird little bald shithouse.

Thankfully I didn't watch it. Didn't need to, I've seen that movie before.

• Upvote 4

52 minutes ago, dave u said:

There's nothing wrong with what he said there.

Pretty sure the way he said it will have been absolutely dripping of cuntery though, the passive aggressive weird little bald shithouse.

Thankfully I didn't watch it. Didn't need to, I've seen that movie before.

There is indeed nothing wrong but it just shows the type of boring cunt that he is, combined with, as you said, the passive aggressiveness. 

Just like many things he has said in the past - sorry sorry sorry, I apologise to Gerrard, Alex and family and many other bollocks to try and show how cool he is. Well, he isn't. He is a cunt. And a baldy cunt. 

The Trent stuff is good. Will definitely boil Guardiola’s piss. They’re ultra sensitive to that stuff.

He’ll hopefully try a  wacky tactical innovation like Foden as a ball-playing centre half just to demonstrate his genius.

Anfield will be a cauldron on Sunday. 

United got bummed by them but they did seem to exploit an apparent City weakness by going fairly direct into the wide attacking areas.

If it wasn’t for United being shit and some really poor individual play (particularly from Rashford, whose poor touch cost him the chance to go through on goal on a couple occasions) City could’ve conceded 2 or 3 in that match. 

Think we could get at them that way. Particularly with van Dijk’s ability to pick out a long pass. 

I’d be tempted to bench Diaz for this one. Have Gakpo playing the central attacking role and trying to drag a City defender into  midfield and then have Salah and Nunez down the flanks, causing mayhem and exploiting any space that City leave in wide areas. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

There is indeed nothing wrong but it just shows the type of boring cunt that he is, combined with, as you said, the passive aggressiveness. 

Just like many things he has said in the past - sorry sorry sorry, I apologise to Gerrard, Alex and family and many other bollocks to try and show how cool he is. Well, he isn't. He is a cunt. And a baldy cunt. 

He's a weird one. Obviously he gets players to play for him otherwise he can't win what he has over and over. I find him odd and that is me taking all emotion out of it.