You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (H) - Sun 10th Mar 2024 (3:45pm)

2 hours ago, Strontium said:

Anyone who thinks we're going to beat City with that lineup, can I have some of what you are drinking/smoking/injecting into your eyeballs.

Bonehead, go and watch Everton 

Don’t worry lads and lasses. Howard and his team will review all this weeks games and offer us an apology next week for not giving a blatant penalty and the media etc will all accept it and move on. 

• Upvote 1

We rode our luck a couple of times, and we were desperately poor in front of goal.  Our midfield two were really good, and dominated theirs.  Endo was massive in that game, the work he got through in DM was just immense.  

Insane effort from Lucho, throwing players twice his size off the ball.

I’ve defended Gakpo a lot on here but he was awful when he came on. Probably our only bad performance.

I’d have Danns ahead of him right now. 

• Upvote 1

Didnt get a chance to turn it on until extra time, sounds like we were the better team in the end but for finishing. No idea how thats not a penalty but it's City, they get a helping hand at important moments like this at least once a season. Guess i'd have taken 1-1 before kickoff so all good.

Just now, stringvest said:

We rode our luck a couple of times, and we were desperately poor in front of goal.  Our midfield two were really good, and dominated theirs.  Endo was massive in that game, the work he got through in DM was just immense.  

He’s really something else. What a signing. Mac Allister was brilliant too.

• Upvote 1

Oliver/VAR has refereed the occasion there and not the game, as per the rules. 

They’ve probably shit themselves and thought we can’t give Liverpool a second penalty in a game of this magnitude and so late in the game. 

Absolutely stunned. It’s a clear penalty. 
Even Gary fucking Neville said so. 

• Upvote 1

Honestly no idea how that's not a penalty at the end.  Genuinely hoping for a valid explanation otherwise it's corrupt, isn't it? I'm not shy of using the C word but has there every been something so obvious at such a crucial time? You get used to it of course but it's can still be shocking.