You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (H) - Sun 5th Mar 2023 (4:30pm)

Trumo

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Jennings said:

Loved his finishes. 

It’s his off the ball stuff I’d like to see him improve. His closing down is a bit weak. Needs a bit more aggression generally too. 

Just another perspective. 

There were a couple of times he gave the ball away with a dodgy touch or a bad pass when something a bit better would have had us in.  Also, apart from his two headers, I thought that was Darwin's worst game for a while!

I know we scored 7, so this is stupid, but I reckon we've still got room for improvement going forward.  Mo was totally brilliant though.

• Upvote 1

You surely see what I mean about that Alisson incident when we were three up? Don't you think that kind of thing has happened a bit too often recently? To make that strategy work, everyone needs to be fully focussed, everyone needs to be confident and everyone needs to be really sharp. And we've seen games recently when that hasn't been the case. And today, we could have gone from 3-0 to 3-1 through sheer sloppiness. So, yes, I know why we do it, but when the defence overdoes it, too slowly and/or tentatively, it can really be counterproductive. Hopefully we'll go on now with our old attitude - in which case, great. But if we go through shaky times, don't overdo it, because it can backfire badly. We've all seen it.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Razoray said:

I agree that Ten Hag will improve them but they are still a good bit away and will soon need to replace the goalkeeper, Eriksen and Casemiro while they are starting Weghorst and another loanee, Sabitzer is also getting a lot of games. McTominay, Wan-Bissaka, Fred play. They need 7 or 8 players to compete for the top prizes. Will they buy well? They did last summer but haven't cinsistently done it in a decade

That's the thing is the key areas of the squad with them. They're far better off than a year ago. But they all jump on Klopp saying they are a team built for now. And named all these young players,thing is most are wingers/strikers and a couple of defenders. The core in the midfield is older, de Gea isn't as good as he was,neither is Varane. They'll spend and likely get some of it right as the manager is good

3 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

You surely see what I mean about that Alisson incident when we were three up? Don't you think that kind of thing has happened a bit too often recently? To make that strategy work, everyone needs to be fully focussed, everyone needs to be confident and everyone needs to be really sharp. And we've seen games recently when that hasn't been the case. And today, we could have gone from 3-0 to 3-1 through sheer sloppiness. So, yes, I know why we do it, but when the defence overdoes it, too slowly and/or tentatively, it can really be counterproductive. Hopefully we'll go on now with our old attitude - in which case, great. But if we go through shaky times, don't overdo it, because it can backfire badly. We've all seen it.

Not a slight on you but 2 mancs sat next to  me reckon that was a pen and if it was salah he'd have got it cos he gets everything and gets penalties every week.

They thought that changed the game and if it hadn't been for the ref they'd have won. 

Luckily I didn't care from cloud 9

18 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

There were a couple of times he gave the ball away with a dodgy touch or a bad pass when something a bit better would have had us in.  Also, apart from his two headers, I thought that was Darwin's worst game for a while!

I know we scored 7, so this is stupid, but I reckon we've still got room for improvement going forward.  Mo was totally brilliant though.

There is still a lot of rawness there, but this and the Everton game has shown some kind of vision of what this new attack could be. Nunez, Gakpo and Salah are absolute horses. The potential to counter rapidly with those three could be off the charts. 

17 minutes ago, Mathewbet1 said:

Having watched the goals back i just love the sheer petulance of mo’s first , spanked it in top corner , off the cross bar on his right foot. 

That one might have been for all us TLWers who don't think 20 goals a season .- season after season after season - is enough.  Apparently he's paid to get 35-40... 

I'd still take him any day over 97% of the world's other overpaid footballers.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, suzy said:

I agree with Souness I don’t think the Mancs were that good in the first half.

I’m really surprised anyone is saying they were.

I watched on a stream with Drury and Le Saux and they didn’t push that view and I thought we were generally good. They had a couple of moments but if you ignore the ones where we played them offside (which was most of them) they had 2 chances - the Rashford chance and the Fermandez header, which only came about after the ref ignored a blatant foul on Salah at the other end.

We had a great chance for Nunez that Martinez got a great block to, Robbo’s

blocked shot, a curler Mo has scored a couple of dozen of before that he put wide and the goal.

im pessimistic as hell watching us against these pricks, but I thought we were the slightly better side first half and thought we were perfectly worth our lead.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Complete and utter pathetic twat

FB_IMG_1678058347011.jpg

This sort of shite should be called out more and in my view punished.

He is one horrible fucking rat bastard.

His behaviour today was awful.

He even got away with shoving the linesman.

20 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

Not a slight on you but 2 mancs sat next to  me reckon that was a pen and if it was salah he'd have got it cos he gets everything and gets penalties every week.

They thought that changed the game and if it hadn't been for the ref they'd have won. 

Luckily I didn't care from cloud 9

It's incredible how differently supporters of other teams can see the same game to us. I've seen a few United fans moaning about the ref today and even comments that we only won because of him. The ref was actually being kind to them towards the end when most of their team seemed to have just given up and seemed more interested in fouling than playing football. A few of them probably should have been sent off by the end yet I think only a couple were even booked. Somehow I think Fernandez still hadn't received a yellow card at full time when he should have been booked about half a dozen times. You've just got to laugh at their belief that Mo gets everything as well. I don't think I've ever seen a player get so little protection from refs. In today's game the ref and linesman didn't even give a foul when Martinez deliberately smashed his elbow in Mo's face to stop a run in the first half. 

5 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Maybe I'm a soppy old tart, but feeling the love for Bobby all around the ground made a great day even better.

Just talking to my lad about this and he was saying Bobby was the first striker he fell in love with and how sad he is to see him go. Made his goal today extra special