You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

1 minute ago, an tha said:

Swooped!

The 22-year midfielder joins the Reds from FC Zurich in Switzerland.

A creative midfielder, Höbinger is coming off most successful goalscoring season with nine strikes in 15 games.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/liverpool-fc-women-complete-signing-marie-hobinger?amp=1

Taking the number 14 as well. Balls on her.

13 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Feels like we're labouring a bit with one target at a time. The longer Lavia rolls on, the less time to get in a CB, let alone another midfielder.

I think we are very much ready to not sign a defender or second midfielder, unless we see the #rightplayer on the market,

1 hour ago, TD_LFC said:

Part of the issue with the defensive frailties was the inability to retain possession and, if not, press sufficiently so it'll help in that regard.  

Yeah it was the whole system. Mane was good at pressing, Fabinho also obviously suffered a dramatic decline and Thiago wasn't great at it, that's just not his main skill.

These lads we're buying are all young enough and athletic enough to keep up the pace.

Was a real shame what happened to Fabinho, was magnificent in his pomp, had shades of Vieira about him.

5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Our centre backs mostly stink, but we have 4 of them, so I cant see the club pushing out to get one unless they are in love with a player. 

We have signed Gini, Sadio and Bobby's replacements in advance of the them leaving. I suspect we will do the same with Matip, could well be January before we get him.

Fabinho taking his form last season into negotiations. They will offer him more than he thought and he will grimace and whisper "I'm not worth it"

Crack on. It feels its 3 out 1 in ratio or some shit I can't be arsed looking up. If FSGs yachts where as tight as the ship they run they would all be called OceanGate.

3 minutes ago, No2 said:

We have signed Gini, Sadio and Bobby's replacements in advance of the them leaving. I suspect we will do the same with Matip, could well be January before we get him.

Maybe. That is indeed a circumstance I could see pushing the club to do it. 

I've not had much time to get on here the last couple of days. I just had a quick catch up and was more than a little surprised to see there's been no progress on this mbappe deal. Good we've not bothered with any other signings though while we try and get it over the line. Wouldn't want to fuck this one up. 

48 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I think we are very much ready to not sign a defender or second midfielder, unless we see the #rightplayer on the market,

Yeah, the Colwill talk has me worried. Very much feels like we're willing to repeat the mistakes of not renewing the midfield, only this time with the defence.

2 hours ago, an tha said:

Would you really like to see Henderson and Fabinho lining up in midfield for us again.....?

Watching them get run past, by and through?

Watching them be exposed time and time again - watching them fail to win challenges over and over and in Fabinno's case arrive about 20 mins too late and give away yet another foul?

Seeing the shite passing that bogs us down or worse plays us into trouble and then seeing them showing all the athleticism of a drunk staggering around with a kebab as they make half arsed attempts to get back?

Them being bin bagged will help us in so many ways and we'll look like a Klopp team again as opposed to some fading slow motion impression of one.

The new players we already have will make a difference and the new ones that will arrive will add to that and we'll better as a result.

Personally, I’d rather have at least one of them than not replace either. 

Whatever about Henderson, how do you know that Klopp didn’t sign the other two with a view to playing more energetic midfielders with Fabinho? 

I just find the view on here that their unexpected departure is a only a massive, massive positive to be a bit odd, especially considering the justified misgivings about our ability/willingness to bring in the right players in a timely manner over the last few years. 

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, an tha said:

Swooped!

The 22-year midfielder joins the Reds from FC Zurich in Switzerland.

A creative midfielder, Höbinger is coming off most successful goalscoring season with nine strikes in 15 games.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/liverpool-fc-women-complete-signing-marie-hobinger?amp=1

Screenshot_2023-07-31-17-09-48-03_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

Personally, I’d rather have at least one of them than not replace either. 

Whatever about Henderson, how do you know that Klopp didn’t sign the other two with a view to playing more energetic midfielders with Fabinho? 

I just find the view on here that their unexpected departure is a only a massive, massive positive to be a bit odd, especially considering the justified misgivings about our ability/willingness to bring in the right players in a timely manner over the last few years. 

I can't see any way it isn't anything other than a massive, massive positive.

They were both absolutely abysmal last season - the epitome of everything that was wrong about us - and for my money they were never returning to the levels we need and would both be holding us back if we were still stuck with them.

Only time will tell on this and we can go round on circles on it - but i am 100% convinced we will be a better side for them being gone.

• Upvote 2