You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

2 hours ago, John102 said:

Ill be going to my mother in laws for 2 weeks on Monday. Looking forward to the children seeing their family but its hard work staying there for so long.

That’s a long time anywhere away from home, but the mother in laws? Wow. Commiserations, John. 

If your name is actually John, of course. 

I'm no fan of Christmas but it's not about me, it's about family. Kids in particular and they come first.

It used to be that everyone would come here, exchange presents, have a few drinks and have their Christmas dinner.

The last couple of years we've been going to my daughter's and doing the same.

This year's going to be different though.

My lad and son in law, friends since they were youngsters, neither of whom can take their ale, have had a falling out that makes the Windsors look like the Waltons and the days of me getting between them and banging their heads together are long gone.

So this year, once we've seen our Grandkids and dropped everyone's presents off, I intend coming back home, locking the door, switching my phone off, breathing a huge sigh of relief and getting fucking hammered, because I just can't be arsed with it.

• Upvote 7

7 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

So this year, once we've seen our Grandkids and dropped everyone's presents off, I intend coming back home, locking the door, switching my phone off, breathing a huge sigh of relief and getting fucking hammered, because I just can't be arsed with it.

Fuck, I want to do that too.

We’re all heading down to stay with the rest of her family in Berkshire over New Year, it’s our middle kid’s birthday on New Year’s Day so it’ll be nice for her to be around her favourite cousin, as well as both my bird’s sisters, her mum & dad, all the kids and also my brother-in-law’s parents and his sister. It’s a lot of people. Found out last night that the kids are already betting about which adults argue with one another and who kicks off first. Apparently I feature in none of the lists so far and Grandma is way out in front leading the nominations. 

5 hours ago, diamondjoe said:

Mother in law is coming to our gaff. Just found out she viscerally hates Meghan Markle so I'm gonna put a picture of her in a frame in her eyeline at the dinner table. Couple that with the old bat having too much white wine and it's gonna be fireworks. 

Oh fuck me please do that