You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Emergency Ward 10 - The Injuries Thread

an tha

Seen a lot of talk about not being arsed about Southampton cup game - i never agree with not going for it in every comp, but of course can understand with how stretched we are why people are saying it.

But in some ways it might be important to win that Southampton cup tie, so we can push the trip to the pit to later on in the season when the injury crisis will hopefully have passed.

I know they are shite, but i could see them ale housing their way to a point v a weakened us and they'll target Kelleher like fuck from set pieces the fucking ale house twats.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, El Rojo said:

A big test for Kelleher in the coming weeks will be how he reacts if he gifts the opposition a goal, as Alisson occasionally does (and then gets back to being brilliant). It’s all about mentality in that position.

Still, he’s a fantastic second choice goalkeeper to have.

It also must be said that Alisson is ridiculously injury-probe for the position. It’s not like he has to sprint 60 yards every few minutes.

He did that on wednesday. He was ok after it. 

53 minutes ago, an tha said:

Seen a lot of talk about not being arsed about Southampton cup game - i never agree with not going for it in every comp, but of course can understand with how stretched we are why people are saying it.

But in some ways it might be important to win that Southampton cup tie, so we can push the trip to the pit to later on in the season when the injury crisis will hopefully have passed.

I know they are shite, but i could see them ale housing their way to a point v a weakened us and they'll target Kelleher like fuck from set pieces the fucking ale house twats.

The shite are in shocking form at the moment though. Salah, Dom and Nunez will be back by then. That will be more than enough to take them the cleaners. 

52 minutes ago, an tha said:

Nunez seems to be on social media posting as if he is playing on sunday....

What's he posting? My gut feel from the way ljinders talked today was he didn't fancy any of Dom, Salah and Nunez for Sunday. 

30 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

What's he posting? My gut feel from the way ljinders talked today was he didn't fancy any of Dom, Salah and Nunez for Sunday. 

Negative Nelly. I took it to be the opposite, no need to mention Dom at all unless he has a chance.

1 hour ago, an tha said:

Considering Southampton are in a major battle to get promoted, I can't see them going full strength away at Anfield.

I think we will still beat them even if we just use the likes of Tsimikas and other players that didn't play on Sunday and are unlikely to play against Forest.

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

He did that on wednesday. He was ok after it. 

The shite are in shocking form at the moment though. Salah, Dom and Nunez will be back by then. That will be more than enough to take them the cleaners. 

He reposted this

27 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

Considering Southampton are in a major battle to get promoted, I can't see them going full strength away at Anfield.

I think we will still beat them even if we just use the likes of Tsimikas and other players that didn't play on Sunday and are unlikely to play against Forest.

Yeah i can't see them going really strong.

Suppose with us it will depend on what we have available after Sun. Just hope we don't get dragged into another 120 mins plus pens with those cunts on Sunday and we come away with the cup and a clean bill of health.

2 hours ago, Rushies tash said:

Would be surprised if it's not ligament damage. That challenge looks worse on every showing.

Yeah, soon as I saw a still my thoughts were don't think we'll see him again this season. Not even a free kick though.