You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Forest (A) Premier League - 22/10/22 - 12:30

Bjornebye

Strength. Control. Accuracy. Bravery. Skill.

I don't ask for much.

I haven't watched that much of Forest this season, so I don't know if they are genuinely shite or just struggling to bed in an entirely new squad. Their mad owner sanctioned all that spending and squad turnover in the summer, then binbagged the recruitment team responsible while giving manager Steve Cooper a new contract just when everyone else thought he was a goner. It seemed like they were signing a new player every day over the summer, a bit like Watford when they were in the PL and debuting a new player in every game.

Nevertheless, we can only face whatever is put in front of us. I suspect we'll see another shuffle as Jürgen looks to ensure we are as fresh as possible while giving players enough minutes to keep up their momentum. We might even see Ox and Naby appear for this one! I suspect this is where we use our green away kit. The white 'petrol spillage' one has carried some bad ju-ju thus far. Whatever, it's not about the kit we were, it's about having the right attitude and application to grab the 3 points. We know we can. Let's show we can.

• Upvote 3

I watched a bit of their game the other night against Villa and they are a bit of a mess, I'm not a tactical expert but i could not see the basis of any plan, towards the end they were just getting men behind the ball and hoping for a draw against a poor Villa side. They look to be the  product of bringing in so many new players over the summer.

In theory, we should be causing them loads of problems, Nunez of last night could run riot over their back line.

10 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

I watched a bit of their game the other night against Villa and they are a bit of a mess, I'm not a tactical expert but i could not see the basis of any plan, towards the end they were just getting men behind the ball and hoping for a draw against a poor Villa side. They look to be the  product of bringing in so many new players over the summer.

In theory, we should be causing them loads of problems, Nunez of last night could run riot over their back line.

What a knobhead. Obviously wasn't Villa, it was Brighton. Fucking hell I watched over an hour of that game. 

I know it's not really a thing, but it feels like it is that when we ever come up against a player who hasn't scored in 2 millenia or a team hasn't won since the dawn of time, along we pop and give the cunts 2 helping hands!

Forest are terrible and have won only one in the league and lost 7 times already. 

Just fucking win lads, please. Do what we've been doing the last 2 games, ie score first and don't fucking concede, first, or at all!

We're still everyone's cup final but hopefully our trip there in March will temper any hostility we'll face. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, niallers said:

I know it's not really a thing, but it feels like it is that when we ever come up against a player who hasn't scored in 2 millenia or a team hasn't won since the dawn of time, along we pop and give the cunts 2 helping hands!

Forest are terrible and have won only one in the league and lost 7 times already. 

Just fucking win lads, please. Do what we've been doing the last 2 games, ie score first and don't fucking concede, first, or at all!

We're still everyone's cup final but hopefully our trip there in March will temper any hostility we'll face. 

They have that Henderson in goal who will no doubt do a 90 minute impression of the best goalie in the world.

And let's not forget JLindz.

55 minutes ago, HBenn said:

If Darwin is fit would go with:

Ali, Trent, Joe, Virgil, Robbo, Thiago, Fabinho, Elliott, Bobby, Salah, Nunez

Hendo for Elliott but the same otherwise.

Having said that the medical lot will stick their oar in and we will end up going 4231 with Bajcetic and Achterberg as the '2'

29 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Hendo for Elliott but the same otherwise.

Having said that the medical lot will stick their oar in and we will end up going 4231 with Bajcetic and Achterberg as the '2'

Ha! Yes, probably!

Do wonder if they really closely follow the info the American data company provide them. It feels very much like they are trying to make changes before there are further issues.

• Upvote 1

Shame if Darwin is out because another goal or two here could really get him going, he hasn't been helped by the stop start nature of his time so far (one of them of course being his stupid red card). Regardless Mo and Firmino should bee enough to win this game. 

Latest from emergency ward 10.....

On Matip's fitness…

"Good, everything is going well, but he needs a bit of time. I think with him it will be tight until the World Cup break, hopefully the last two or three games he might be in contention, but I don't know yet. It is all going in the right direction."

I thought it was a 2 week job originally?

On Darwin Nunez's fitness…

"He is one of the cases where we need to have a look because he was not injured, but he felt something and I don't know if he feels that still today and what the medical department tells me then, we have to see."

On Keita being involved in team training again…

"He was only involved in parts, but will be from Monday on - I think, like Ibou - both will be involved in full training after the Nottingham Forest game on, which is obviously good. But then Naby especially needs time, Ibou not that much because he was not out that long. Naby is a bit behind Oxlade - Oxlade trains now for four or five days with us, so that is better but he was out for a long time as well."

On any new injury concerns ahead of the trip to Forest…

"The game was really intense; both games were really intense, so we have some players we need to have a closer look at again to see if we can bring them in again from the beginning or bring on. It's really a short turnaround because we play tomorrow at 12.30, so we will see. I will wait for the last minute pretty much to make my final decisions. There are no 'injuries', but knocks here and there and I will get further information later today."

1 hour ago, an tha said:

Latest from emergency ward 10.....

On Matip's fitness…

"Good, everything is going well, but he needs a bit of time. I think with him it will be tight until the World Cup break, hopefully the last two or three games he might be in contention, but I don't know yet. It is all going in the right direction."

I thought it was a 2 week job originally?

On Darwin Nunez's fitness…

"He is one of the cases where we need to have a look because he was not injured, but he felt something and I don't know if he feels that still today and what the medical department tells me then, we have to see."

On Keita being involved in team training again…

"He was only involved in parts, but will be from Monday on - I think, like Ibou - both will be involved in full training after the Nottingham Forest game on, which is obviously good. But then Naby especially needs time, Ibou not that much because he was not out that long. Naby is a bit behind Oxlade - Oxlade trains now for four or five days with us, so that is better but he was out for a long time as well."

On any new injury concerns ahead of the trip to Forest…

"The game was really intense; both games were really intense, so we have some players we need to have a closer look at again to see if we can bring them in again from the beginning or bring on. It's really a short turnaround because we play tomorrow at 12.30, so we will see. I will wait for the last minute pretty much to make my final decisions. There are no 'injuries', but knocks here and there and I will get further information later today."

Oh thank God. We miss Nabys intensity in midfield, and AOCs exciting and decisive attacking play. 

• Upvote 1