You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pre-season 2022

JohnnyH

7 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

How do people even talk footy on Twitter? How would I get my point across about having 8 midfielders every time and explain what that means masterfully like I do on here, with a 280 character restriction? Real G's need long form platforms.

But yeah, Twitter stinks.

I'd definetly fail that :)

I have been quite excited by what I have seen so far of Nunez. 

Intelligent running, super quick, happy to flatten a centre half. Sure his finishing has been off but some players go through weeks without "missing" great chances. His intelligence has put him in place to miss 3-4 great chances in 60 mins of football.

With a better understanding/final pass from midfield that could be 5-6. So that will come once he is on the same wavelength.

Once he gets that first and calms down he will be extremely dangerous. Get back to finishing like he did against us at Anfield. A hattrick in 90 mins prevented by 2 marginal offsides.

• Upvote 1

I see Man City only have 2 preseason games before the Charity Shield - Club America on Wednesday night and then Bayern on Sunday morning. 

Hopefully they are significantly undercooked for our game and the start of the season. 

3 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Assume this was pre pre-season..

6ACA0272-4CFB-4C9D-A8A1-E71C7F5D4084.jpeg

Impressed Robbo got Christopher Moltisanti as a guest to his wedding.  

Fucking cream suits. 

22 hours ago, TheBitch said:

Come on, man, Castle Greyskull is where He-Man and the good guys hang out. 

Snake Mountain is where the bad guys are at. 

It looks more like Castle Greyskull than Skull Mountain, besides which Grumpy Skeletor on Facebook has convinced that He Man is a prick!

6 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

It looks more like Castle Greyskull than Skull Mountain, besides which Grumpy Skeletor on Facebook has convinced that He Man is a prick!

He-Man is the bad guy.  He hides his identity from all but a few and masquerades as that dumb cunt Adam.  Skeletor has always been open about who he is and what his intentions are. 

On 16/07/2022 at 22:35, aRdja said:

Twitter is a cess pool. Unfortunately the behaviour of LFC fans on Twitter are on par with rival fans. They were begging for Gini to leave the club (@ the player) to make room for other midfielders. That was the straw for me. I deleted my account two years ago and I haven’t looked back.

Its possible to use Twitter for other things than football. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, alles ist gut said:

I hope we’ve got more than four players travelling. 

Be interesting to see if Bajcetic is still in the squad. 

Also looking forward to seeing how they use Carvalho. Klopp's comments on him have been interesting and you get the impression he feels he could be very versatile and used in the midfield 3. He reminded me of Bobby when I saw him last season but I wonder if Jürgen sees shades of Gini in him (once he has bulked up a bit). Controversial I know.

18 minutes ago, alles ist gut said:

Here you go

Cheers for that.

Be interested to see how much game time he gets. Looks like he needs to bulk up a bit but noticeable in the games so far that he has been the one to slot in the Fabinho role while Milner was played elsewhere. 

Arguably of all the youngsters, if he impresses, he probably has the best chance of playing games due to being one of only 3 or 4 that can play the role (with Morton moving elsewhere on the pitch). 

Squad as per official:-

Alisson, Adrian, Davies, Hughes, Mrozek; Fabinho, van Dijk, Konaté, Thiago, Milner, Keita, Firmino, Salah, Gomez, Henderson, Jones, Elliott, Tsimikas, Ramsay, Diaz, Robertson, Nunez, Carvalho, Matip, Bajcetic, Phillips, Gordon, Mabaya, Trent, van den Berg, Morton.

Five keepers seems a little excessive for a week away…

• Upvote 1

I think my favourite pre season was 1994 or something. I remember reading a couple of paragraphs in the daily mirror about us getting beat 4-0 by Bolton Wanderers. 
First game of the season we twatted Crystal Palace 6-1 away. Imagine all the twitter fannies reacting to that! 

12 minutes ago, alles ist gut said:

Squad as per official:-

Alisson, Adrian, Davies, Hughes, Mrozek; Fabinho, van Dijk, Konaté, Thiago, Milner, Keita, Firmino, Salah, Gomez, Henderson, Jones, Elliott, Tsimikas, Ramsay, Diaz, Robertson, Nunez, Carvalho, Matip, Bajcetic, Phillips, Gordon, Mabaya, Trent, van den Berg, Morton.

Five keepers seems a little excessive for a week away…

I never get the keeper situation. 3 first team goalkeeper coaches, what feels like 40 keepers on the books for 1 first team position.

Achterberg must have some dirt on someone high up :)

5 minutes ago, Shitty Arse said:

I think my favourite pre season was 1994 or something. I remember reading a couple of paragraphs in the daily mirror about us getting beat 4-0 by Bolton Wanderers. 
First game of the season we twatted Crystal Palace 6-1 away. Imagine all the twitter fannies reacting to that! 

Was that the or season when Dicks and Ruddock were fined/bollocked for being heavily overweight on return for training? That was in a squad with Jan Molby!!!

Think it was the end for Dicks!