You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (H) - Tue 19th Apr 2022 (8:00pm)

Trumo

Should I watch or should I play footie?

I chose not to watch the away match earlier in the year and went out to Whitby instead, and that went ok.

I’ve got a good record of getting in the car after footy to hear we’re comfortably up (normally against someone from Portugal), and the one occasion I can remember that not being the case (vs PSG) Bobby scored the last minute winner as I turned the corner into my street.

We’ve got former England (4 caps) and Tottenham defender Michael Dawson joining us for a game tonight as part of our efforts to fundraise (see my thread on charity football match).

still, I’m not sure if I should play or watch.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I chose not to watch the away match earlier in the year and went out to Whitby instead, and that went ok.

I’ve got a good record of getting in the car after footy to hear we’re comfortably up (normally against someone from Portugal), and the one occasion I can remember that not being the case (vs PSG) Bobby scored the last minute winner as I turned the corner into my street.

We’ve got former England (4 caps) and Tottenham defender Michael Dawson joining us for a game tonight as part of our efforts to fundraise (see my thread on charity football match).

If you can't/don't watch this team then IMHO you are cutting your nose off to spite your face.

These are the days that we have waited for for years and years and years - it baffles me why anybody would choose not to watch.

I sort of understand the superstition thing, but fuck that.

Get it watched and enjoy it.

I'm going tonight and i can't wait!

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Go play, threaten anyone who might spoil the result with murder and then watch a replay 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, an tha said:

If you can't/don't watch this team then IMHO you are cutting your nose off to spite your face.

These are the days that we have waited for for years and years and years - it baffles me why anybody would choose not to watch.

I sort of understand the superstition thing, but fuck that.

Get it watched and enjoy it.

I'm going tonight and i can't wait!

I thought I was going too, but I got my calendar mixed up. I’m off on Sunday instead.

you’re underplaying the impact of 90s-2000s United PTSD

19 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I thought I was going too, but I got my calendar mixed up. I’m off on Sunday instead.

you’re underplaying the impact of 90s-2000s United PTSD

Ha!

I see your point - all the more reason to (hopefully) enjoy us bumming them dead hard....

3 hours ago, Chairman Meow said:

I've been pondering what we should do tactically for this one, after several hours of consideration I've come to the conclusion that we should go for the approach of cunting them in the bastard. 

Have you not considered the benefits of banting them in the custard instead?

• Upvote 1

Going 5-0 up and not stopping after 60 minutes would go down a treat this evening.

As for the clapping on 7 minutes, I hope it goes ahead.

He an egotiscal rapist cunt, but that's not the little lad's fault. Poor little fella.

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

A minutes applause in the 7th minute apparently tonight. 

Can't be arsed with stuff like this, just comes across as trite, like clapping for carers.

My aunty is all over it already on Facebook. Just like she's always first in with the Hillsborough and Heysel memes. Yet it was her neice and great nephew's joint funeral a couple of weeks back and couldn't even be arsed going. 

Such is the world we live in.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Section_31 said:

Can't be arsed with stuff like this, just comes across as trite, like clapping for carers.

My aunty is all over it already on Facebook. Just like she's always first in with the Hillsborough and Heysel memes. Yet it was her neice and great nephew's joint funeral a couple of weeks back and couldn't even be arsed going. 

Such is the world we live in.

Some people want to feel they are a bigger part of something than they are. 

3 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Yeah he's been ruled out.

Would a minutes silence in memory of both the 97 and his baby not be a good idea as that would make the whole stadium honour it? 

There's no Hillsborough memorial planned, is there? We had one against Benfica.

2 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I was in Whitby at the weekend and missed the semi final, this all points to one thing, we need a volunteer to miss the match and go to Whitby

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Mook said:

Can't be done with all this 5-0, 7-0 talk.

Three points will do me.

Especially with the games all being important and us playing pretty much every 3 days.

Even if we were on the way to a masacre, we'd likely not do it and would start managing the game to conserve energy.