You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alternative 'rona thread

Pureblood

41 minutes ago, Strontium said:

oh-really-you-sure.gif

I'm sure I'll never be able to word this well enough for you but I'll give it a go. Maybe I should have added a note on the end that said something like : "unless they're taking part in settler colonialism after the land had been mostly taken from them over a thousand years ago", but I didn't think I'd need to. I have no problem with indigenous Jews in Israel protecting their land (that were always there) and I have no problem with the current Jews living in Israel either (my problem is with what took place because of their arrival), I wouldn't support them being removed. It'd be good if Palestinians and Israelis could share the entire area properly though instead of what's currently going on.

I'm sure that if there was a declaration by a government that resulted in indigenous Canadians and Americans settling in the US and Canada from other parts of the world and they started arriving in such numbers that they uprooted most of the current population along with all of the damage that would cause, almost all of us could oppose what was taking place without coming across as hypocrites.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

I'm sure I'll never be able to word this well enough for you but I'll give it a go. Maybe I should have added a note on the end that said something like : "unless they're taking part in settler colonialism after the land had been mostly taken from them over a thousand years ago", but I didn't think I'd need to. I have no problem with indigenous Jews in Israel protecting their land (that were always there) and I have no problem with the current Jews living in Israel either (my problem is with what took place because of their arrival), I wouldn't support them being removed. It'd be good if Palestinians and Israelis could share the entire area properly though instead of what's currently going on.

I'm sure that if there was a declaration by a government that resulted in indigenous Canadians and Americans settling in the US and Canada from other parts of the world and they started arriving in such numbers that they uprooted most of the current population along with all of the damage that would cause, almost all of us could oppose what was taking place without coming across as hypocrites.

I think what you mean is that you don’t like Israeli forces bulldozing innocent Palestinians homes, imprisoning them and committing apartheid against them. And I assume you don’t like cunts who ignore it yet try and claim some moral high ground about it. 

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I think what you mean is that you don’t like Israeli forces bulldozing innocent Palestinians homes, imprisoning them and committing apartheid against them. And I assume you don’t like cunts who ignore it yet try and claim some moral high ground about it. 

Negged. I assume that’s for missing the bit about wanking dogs off. 

20 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I'm obviously against what the shithouse Israeli gov are doing, was trying to be clearer about the indigenous thing as well though instead of coming across like I was just supporting whatever suited, with settler colonialism or whatever you want to term it as being the difference in this case. I probably should've simply stated that but rambled instead.

1 minute ago, Red Phoenix said:

I'm obviously against what the shithouse Israeli gov are doing, was trying to be clearer about the indigenous thing as well though instead of coming across like I was just supporting whatever suited, with settler colonialism or whatever you want to term it as being the difference in this case. I probably should've simply stated that but rambled instead.

Nobody on here has a problem with Israel and Israelis having their own land etc. Apologists for genocide use that lie to deflect from the actions of the IDF against innocents. 

was trying to be clearer about the indigenous thing as well though instead of coming across like I was just supporting whatever suited, with settler colonialism or whatever you want to term it 

Stronts made a point about having a country of their own protecting ethnicities from persecution the other day - interesting.

@Strontium Do you think there should be a formation of a country for the Rohingya?

If anyone is indigenous it is them.

8 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Stronts made a point about having a country of their own protecting ethnicities from persecution the other day - interesting.

@Strontium Do you think there should be a formation of a country for the Rohingya?

If anyone is indigenous it is them.

All peoples should have self-determination in their native lands.

Not really anything to do with corona though is it, any of it?

26 minutes ago, Strontium said:

All peoples should have self-determination in their native lands.

Not really anything to do with corona though is it, any of it?

Does that include the Palestinians who are being bulldozed out of their homes in their land? 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Nobody on here has a problem with Israel and Israelis having their own land etc. Apologists for genocide use that lie to deflect from the actions of the IDF against innocents. 

Yeah I wasn't planning on having a fair conversation with Stronts on Israel knowing what it's been like in the past with him on the subject, I guess I was trying not to start arguing on it in here too.

They're still at it north of the Coutts border protest in Canada, cops still not letting supporters join the others. On the 5th there's supposed to be more widespread protests/convoys again I think so it could get worse for Trudeau then. If that happens maybe some more restrictions will at least be dropped by one or more provinces.

@Red Phoenix man - I have something I need you to look into.

In the US the price of everything has gone up markedly. Additionally everything/everyone had supply chain issues leading to shortages with all sorts of products, building materials, food etc.

Except for one thing - alcohol. Stocked shelves throughout all of this, no price increases - in fact it is sometimes cheaper than it was pre Covid.

What's up with that?

Asking for a friend.

3 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

@Red Phoenix man - I have something I need you to look into.

In the US the price of everything has gone up markedly. Additionally everything/everyone had supply chain issues leading to shortages with all sorts of products, building materials, food etc.

Except for one thing - alcohol. Stocked shelves throughout all of this, no price increases - in fact it is sometimes cheaper than it was pre Covid.

What's up with that?

Asking for a friend.

I've no idea why that is. Why do you need me to look into things all of a sudden, can't you find answers yourself?

3 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Probably because there's been more truckers advocating 'freedom' over a free, potentially life-saving drug in the last week than have been protesting against government authoritarianism over the past several decades.

It's more than just the vaccine now, it's the mandates and the restrictions as well and it's getting huge support all over Canada.

I don't get what this thing is with siding with authoritarian governments.

I've no idea why that is. Why do you need me to look into things all of a sudden, can't you find answers yourself?

It's more than just the vaccine now, it's the mandates and the restrictions as well and it's getting huge support all over Canada.

I don't get what this thing is with siding with authoritarian governments.

I must have missed the convoys and street protests in support of the indigenous people you quoted a Tweet about earlier in the thread.

5 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

It smells like there could be some shenanigans going on at the top, keep the plebs "medicated" - so this would seem to fall under the umbrella of government control over society and their actions, or inactions. Made me think of you.

Has the price of alcohol gone up in the UK?