You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kevin Sinfield MND charity run

Toxteth O'Grady

Comrades, the lad Kevin Sinfield, a Rugby League man has just finished a super human effort of running 101 miles in 24 hours for the double charity of Leeds Hospital and Motor Neurone Disease charities.

Me and @KMD7 know people who are friends of Kevin and he is a hero in the truest sense. A quiet, unassuming fella who has done something special.

If all of you can spare a quid for his efforts and put TLW in the 'name box' then we will have all helped worthwhile causes and made the efforts of a brave man all the better. Just a quid. 

Kevin Sinfield set for toughest challenge yet as he goes the ‘Extra Mile’ for friend Rob Burrow | MND Association

And here is the justgiving link.

Kevin Sinfield is fundraising for Leeds Hospitals Charity and Motor Neurone Disease Association | Give as you Live Donate

If the total doesn't reach 10 quid. then I'll post pics of @KMD7 wearing Mary's knickers, every day, on every thread until it does.

And believe me, you really don't want to see that.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, YorkshireRed said:

Done. Not that it really matters as long as they get the money but I put in the message box, ‘donation from The Liverpool Way’.

Nice one mate. If everyone puts TLW, not that it matters, as you say, but it's a statement  that in these Barbarian times of selfish scumbaggery, there are still people and communities who have a social conscience and respect individuals and groups who give time, effort and superhuman courage for the good of others.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Saw this on the news the other day as was astonished at the feat.

Donated, I doubled the £10 as I have fuck all idea what he looks like in the flesh let alone in knickers and have no interest in finding out.

The tenner was well spent mate, he's dreadful in his own knickers and worse in Mary's.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’ll sort this out later. 

I remember Sinfield doing something similar a while back. A marathon a day or something it was. 

Gutting to see Burrow like that. He was a fucking great little player when I was into Rugby League. That entire Leeds team was fantastic. 

Is right John. I know a few folks who know Kev and he's as decent a fella as you could wish to meet, No big I am bollocks, just a fella, like you and me, but a fella who has done something special for someone and something for other people. Which is utterly rare in this day and age of "what about me shithousery"

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Can we have the pics of KMD7 in knickers anyway?

You know the cheese biscuits that nobody wants at the bottom of the box, even after New Year, when all the Pickled Cabbage has gone and all the detritus has been swept up and it's all been put into a sack? Imagine that in a Leopard skin posing pouch, only really terrible, with fluff and the scrapings from everything and moves like a constipated Camel? 

That's the picture.

I can PM it if needs be.

My dad died of MND, it’s the worst thing you could ever imagine. I would honestly make immediate plans for a trip to Dignitas if I was ever to get diagnosed with it.

I will make a contribution tomorrow when I get paid. The work done and money raised by Rob Burrows, Doddie Weir and Stephen Darby has been incredible, and Kevin Sinfield is an absolute hero. I don’t like the honours system, but these lads deserve to  have every national honour going bestowed upon them.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

My dad died of MND, it’s the worst thing you could ever imagine. I would honestly make immediate plans for a trip to Dignitas if I was ever to get diagnosed with it.

I will make a contribution tomorrow when I get paid. The work done and money raised by Rob Burrows, Doddie Weir and Stephen Darby has been incredible, and Kevin Sinfield is an absolute hero. I don’t like the honours system, but these lads deserve to  have every national honour going bestowed upon them.

I've mentioned on here before that I used to volunteer at a helpline for disabled people and their families. 

I took a call from someone who had just been diagnosed with MND for some help with benefits and aids around the home for when he needed them. He was offered a home visit but he said he could make his way to the office.

I met him briefly, a really nice fella who was clearly scared but trying to hide it. The adviseer who was allocated his case sorted things out for him and he was told to ring us again if he needed us.

Fast forward 18 months and he got in touch again only this time he needed a home visit and I went along with the adviser.

To say I was shocked when I saw him is a bit of an understatement. The speed at which his illness had developed was frightening and upsetting. 

It really is a devastatingly cruel illness.

I left the helpline a few months later because my own illness was getting very active and was unwell myself so I never heard from him again.

You're right about Rob Burrows, Doddie Weir and Stephen Darby, men who know what they're facing and are doing their best to raise awareness, and hats off to Kevin Sinfield. 

I'm sorry about your Dad VV. May he rest in peace.

• Upvote 3