You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Russia v Ukraine

Bjornebye

25 minutes ago, Mudface said:

It's under your account-

image.png

Thanks mate. I’ve found it. I wouldn’t mute anyone and I actually like Gnasher anyway. Just don’t understand what he’s on about with this thread ever

27 minutes ago, Curly said:

Thanks mate. I’ve found it. I wouldn’t mute anyone and I actually like Gnasher anyway. Just don’t understand what he’s on about with this thread ever

Sorry Curly didn't mean to upset you, or anyone else effected by the Russians invasion. Just giving a different point of view on how we stop the innocents being killed. I don't think our politicans are doing a very good job at all in that respect tbh. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

A tale of two countries..Not saying I agree with Modi, I do not. 

Both today. 

20240318_161943.jpg

whisperthisone..theguardian.

20240318_141459.jpg

To quote the artist formerly know as Belarus, what are you on about in this thread?

9 minutes ago, SasaS said:

To quote the artist formerly know as Belarus, what are you on about in this thread?

I can't understand it for you. The FT have recently done an article on your 'ahem' plenty of men nonsense. Do you need me to keep pointing these things out before reality drops with you? 

6 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I can't understand it for you. The FT have recently done an article on your 'ahem' plenty of men nonsense. Do you need me to keep pointing these things out before reality drops with you? 

You are clearly labouring to make some kind of a point with these links, but it is hard to figure out what it is. That everybody who is doing business with Russia is doing fine and everybody who isn't is struggling? So they should go back to doing business with Russia and ignore what Russia is doing? 

USA. USA. 

Lindsey Graham is in Ukraine (as if they haven't suffered enough) and he hasn't disappointed. The man who voted against much needed aid the other month and wanted to bomb the shit out of Iran is giving the Ukrainians a piece of his mind. Basically not enough of them are willing to die. 

The darling of the Washington military complex, otherwise known as the swamp. Unpopular as it is on here and as uncomfortable as it is I'd sooner take advice from the Pope than this clown. 

20240319_071327.jpg

20240319_070856.jpg

20240319_072616.jpg

20240319_070733.jpg

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

USA. USA. 

Lindsey Graham is in Ukraine (as if they haven't suffered enough) and he hasn't disappointed. The man who voted against much needed aid the other month and wanted to bomb the shit out of Iran is giving the Ukrainians a piece of his mind. Basically not enough of them are willing to die. 

The darling of the Washington military complex, otherwise known as the swamp. Unpopular as it is on here and as uncomfortable as it is I'd sooner take advice from the Pope than this clown. 

20240319_071327.jpg

20240319_070856.jpg

20240319_072616.jpg

20240319_070733.jpg

The yanks are pricks, this stinks of deflecting from the issue of equipment and trying to push the discussion entirely on troop numbers. Obviously that needs to be looked at but having 1m men with shit equipment isn't going to solve things. The cunts are happy to ship missiles etc to Israel to kill innocent people though, scumbags. 

29 minutes ago, TheSire said:

The yanks are pricks, this stinks of deflecting from the issue of equipment and trying to push the discussion entirely on troop numbers. Obviously that needs to be looked at but having 1m men with shit equipment isn't going to solve things. The cunts are happy to ship missiles etc to Israel to kill innocent people though, scumbags. 

I think he's trying to push the idea that if (heaven forbid) Trump gets in the Ukrainians can still have money but it'll be on a credit basis. It's a load of bollocks because, A. It shouldn't have to be paid back. B. If its so important to Americas security why should it? C. It's a ruse to pacify those in America raising eyebrows over the continuation of Ukrainian aid. 

3 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I may have asked this before, but does anyone remember the supposed land lease Ukraine got from the US some time ago? Whatever happened to that?

It expired months ago.

In practice, however, the United States transferred $46.6 billion worth of munitions, weapons, and other military aid to Ukraine in fiscal years 2022-2023 using other authorities besides the Lend-Lease mechanism.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

It expired months ago.

In practice, however, the United States transferred $46.6 billion worth of munitions, weapons, and other military aid to Ukraine in fiscal years 2022-2023 using other authorities besides the Lend-Lease mechanism.

So this wasn't open-ended in a sense that you don't have to renew it if the situation has not changed? Did they use it, isn't lend lease something like what Trump is demanding? I remember at the time Ukrainians saying they could use it to obtain weapons they actually need, rather than what they are often given from allies,

5 minutes ago, SasaS said:

So this wasn't open-ended in a sense that you don't have to renew it if the situation has not changed? Did they use it, isn't lend lease something like what Trump is demanding? I remember at the time Ukrainians saying they could use it to obtain weapons they actually need, rather than what they are often given from allies,

No, they are not open ended.

The use of the Lend-Lease was deprioritized due to the existence of newer alternative streams for assistance. Military aid efforts instead focused on three other American budget programs: The Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative (USAI), the Foreign Military Financing program (FMF), and the Presidential Drawdown Authority (PDA), which have all provided aid to Ukraine without any requirements for the return or reimbursement of weapons.

The Biden administration’s decision to use non-Lend-Lease budget channels since the full-scale invasion has been attributed to the administration’s preference for providing military aid to Ukraine without any loan or lease elements

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

No, they are not open ended.

The use of the Lend-Lease was deprioritized due to the existence of newer alternative streams for assistance. Military aid efforts instead focused on three other American budget programs: The Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative (USAI), the Foreign Military Financing program (FMF), and the Presidential Drawdown Authority (PDA), which have all provided aid to Ukraine without any requirements for the return or reimbursement of weapons.

The Biden administration’s decision to use non-Lend-Lease budget channels since the full-scale invasion has been attributed to the administration’s preference for providing military aid to Ukraine without any loan or lease elements

Thanks.

Looking at Wikipedia now, Trump's people voted against the lend-lease bill as early as in April 2022 in the House, despite it passing with no opposition in the Senate. He is such an asset for Russia, it has nothing to do with isolationism or America first. They just own him. I thought that American Kompromat book was just an entertaining read, if a bit far-fetched, now I'd say it was spot on. 

• Upvote 1

On 07/03/2024 at 16:47, SasaS said:

In the meantime, four categories of Russian armour losses in the Oryx count have hit combined 8,003.

They list 2,799 tanks, 1,242 armoured fighting vehicles, 3,556 infantry fighting vehicles and 405 armoured personnel carriers destroyed, damaged, captured or abandoned.

You can probably add at least 10 percent to that number, due to a high percentage of vehicles destroyed without reliable visual evidence, after you factored in probable but I'd expect smaller percentage of errors, duplicates and such in the list.

That's one hell of a scrap metal yard.

https://www.oryxspioenkop.com/2022/02/attack-on-europe-documenting-equipment.html

Had a look now, it's at 8,191 two weeks later. That is 188 pieces of armour in 14 days. Tanks alone - 51. And that is with visual confirmation only, by one OSINT website. 

On 19/03/2024 at 07:26, TheHowieLama said:

Wait til you see his stellar work with Saudi.

It is utterly baffling to me that anyone "patriotic" could like Donald Trump.

He is a complete dream American president for Russia, North Korea, Iran, China, Saudi Arabia, etc. How on earth can you look at him and think "yeah, this guy puts America first"?

It's funny as fuck to see the Republicans in Congress scrambling to impeach Biden, using the fact that, while VP, he exchanged pleasantries, usually on the phone, with people his son was trying fleece.

Meanwhile:

After Trump left office in 2021, Kushner quickly set up a new private equity firm, Affinity Partners, which raised over $3 billion in capital by 2022, with about $2 billion coming directly from the Saudi Public Investment fund, the kingdom's sovereign wealth fund.

Forbes Magazine

52 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

It is utterly baffling to me that anyone "patriotic" could like Donald Trump.

He is a complete dream American president for Russia, North Korea, Iran, China, Saudi Arabia, etc. How on earth can you look at him and think "yeah, this guy puts America first"?

He's the sort of crooked fantasist loon that should have been caught by McCarthy in the '50s, rather than the people who actually were. It's completely bizarre. The US Culture War is going to fuck us all.