You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

5 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Need to hand out a free Big Mac at polling stations for every vote cast. Record turn out. 

Werther Originals 5 years past the sell by date for over 65's to turn the miserable old bastards away.

Bit of trivia for you on a Sunday afternoon. Werther originals were  named after a small town just up the road from our city. They are produced in Halle another town also in our area. I worked in an engineering factory in Werther and I basically made a load of the spare parts needed for the Storck machinery. 

This should be getting a lot more rep from the old bastards on here, maybe the cold weather is gonna affect turn out after all.

5 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

It just fits in with their Brexit dreams. They only want the best parts of a so called deal and to hell with anything that may not be of their liking. Immigration needs to be fair and also enticing to those you seek to employ. A lot of these so called entrepreneurs will want to bring over family, how will that go when red tape gets in the way because they aren't skilled. 

If you were looking to move abroad and your skills were in demand, would you go to a country that treats immigrants badly and puts all sorts of red tape in the way for your family to join you, or do you go to a country that embraces it all? 

Depends on the weather and lifestyle on offer. I’ve always said, I’d be very reluctant to move back to the UK, certainly under modern conditions, but would love to do a @Jairzinho and live in mainland Spain for a few years. We put some hard graft in to move to Aus, can’t see many doing the same to move to a UK that gives less freedom to travel Europe, is hostile to foreigners, maybe if global warming ups the weather over there.

We need migration, that’s obvious.  The country would benefit from those migrants, wherever they come, from being solvent.  That’s just obvious and doesn’t make you an alt right lunatic.  

if you have 2 equally qualified and desirable candidates and 1 has money in the bank why wouldn’t you choose the rich one?  

2 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

We need migration, that’s obvious.  The country would benefit from those migrants, wherever they come, from being solvent.  That’s just obvious and doesn’t make you an alt right lunatic.  

if you have 2 equally qualified and desirable candidates and 1 has money in the bank why wouldn’t you choose the rich one?  

Because he’s obviously a cunt, where did he get his money?

this person is going to put the squeeze on the middle classes, he is going to drive up the cost of a latte and a loaf of sourdough, he is going to compete against me in the over saturated housing market.

1 minute ago, arthur friedenreich said:

this person is going to put the squeeze on the middle classes, he is going to drive up the cost of a latte and a loaf of sourdough, he is going to compete against me in the over saturated housing market.

And he’s not going to be a drain on a foreign health service. 

11 minutes ago, arthur friedenreich said:

You’re up early. Also looks like we’re gonna be neighbours (ish) come January. We’re likely to reside in Windsor for the first 6 months or so.

1 minute ago, arthur friedenreich said:

Where the fuck do you get that idea from? I’ve cost the health shitloads over here, just had a kidney transplant, health and genetics doesn’t give a fuck what’s in yer wallet.

You’re joking! It’s almost as if I knew that and was taking the piss.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, viRdjil said:

You’re up early. Also looks like we’re gonna be neighbours (ish) come January. We’re likely to reside in Windsor for the first 6 months or so.

Aye, fucking drugs, been awake since 5 am, can’t eat or have a brew till I get blood done at the hozzy. Windsor is pretty sound, give us a shout when yer across and I’ll knock up a brekky for you and yer missus and charge yer 40 notes.

• Upvote 6

10 minutes ago, arthur friedenreich said:

Aye, fucking drugs, been awake since 5 am, can’t eat or have a brew till I get blood done at the hozzy. Windsor is pretty sound, give us a shout when yer across and I’ll knock up a brekky for you and yer missus and charge yer 40 notes.

Heavy that mate. When are you in the hozzy? 

3 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

Yeah I've raised the argument about pointless wars, and the consequences that war brings but they aren't interested.

For one lad in particular I know, His Grandad was his hero, and i'm sure in his own mind he is following in his Grandads footsteps by becoming a soldier, going to war. 

He's said to me that as far as he's concerned if Jeremy Corbyn had been prime minister at the time of the second world war we'd have been wiped out as Corbyn wouldn't have supported it.    

Here's the thing though, Jeremy Corbyn may not be a war time prime minister. But we're highly unlikely to end up in that type of war again and if we do, Corbyn would probably meet a similar end to Neville Chamberlain. I never quite understand this obsession many of our nation has with always wanting to make sure we have a war time prime minister at the helm. And having said all that, they'd all somehow trust Johnson as he wouldn't think twice about sacrificing someone's life of it wasn't his. Some people are just mental. 

3 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

That's horseshit (as I'm sure you already know mate, not having a pop), I'm the biggest pacifist I know but even I know that the second world war was a just war! Perhaps the only just war there has ever been! Corbyn would have backed it, I'm certain.

You're forgetting he's an anti-Semite. He'd have almost certainly been on Hitler's side till he got rid of those nasty Jews. Once the Jews were done, he'd have cut old Adolf, jumped in with the Russians to bring the Communists to Western Europe. We'd have lost the war twice. Or we'd have won the war twice. I can't quite work it out.