You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Iceman

11 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Even reading red cafe it looks like Harrys clear the air interview has been a disaster. Thinking of it why do these celebs continue with these one on one redemption interviews? They all end up backfiring, Lady Dai started the craze and the outcome should have sounded a warning. 

Harrys interview would have gone better if hed come out in this state 

He should have mixed his lady dai style interview below with the pissed up George Best style interview above. At worst it would have confused onlooking Greek prosecutors.

1 hour ago, M_B said:

I can believe a version of his story - I can imagine being pissed and confused in that situation, surrounded by plain clothes policemen and being worried they weren't the police. Questions certainly need to be asked about why the police felt they needed to chase down the minibus if nothing incidental happened at the bar as he claims?

Being off your massive tits on god knows what - and thinking you're starring in a Taken sequel - is not much of a defence...

1 hour ago, suzy said:

Him saying he won’t say sorry is mental. Saying sorry (even if you’re not) guarantees to calm people down. He’s spectacularly thick.

A non-apology would be better than nothing but he's too thick to realise. 

"I'm really sorry if the police thought I was causing trouble when I was only trying to defend my sister". 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Josef Svejk said:

Being off your massive tits on god knows what - and thinking you're starring in a Taken sequel - is not much of a defence...

Yeah agreed which is why I question the wisdom behind asking for a retrial. However it does allow him to say "I'm sorry. I was worried they weren't policemen" and be given a more lenient punishment.

Edit: Having read a bit more, the account I initially read doesn't seem to be what happened. That'll teach me.

15 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

But he's being advised by the gobshite who wrote that hit-piece on Michael Edwards (remember? mocking him for having air conditioning in his office?) and he's applying all his "competence" to the situation.

What? Why?

I've just listened to the interview slab head did with Dan roan. Fucking embarrassing that. There was times.towadds the end where slab head has clearly forgotten his script, roan asks a question and because he can't answer, roan answer it for him. The BBC are a very sad organisation these days. I'm not sure they should have given Maguire such a platform, but if they did, surely they're duty bound to interview him correctly? 

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I've just listened to the interview slab head did with Dan roan. Fucking embarrassing that. There was times.towadds the end where slab head has clearly forgotten his script, roan asks a question and because he can't answer, roan answer it for him. The BBC are a very sad organisation these days. I'm not sure they should have given Maguire such a platform, but if they did, surely they're duty bound to interview him correctly? 

Where's the famed BBC impartiality? Surely now they should interview the prosecutors and the police he attacked. Let them have a good cry too.

25 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Once Maguire said the police had been hitting him on the legs and saying his football career would be finished, any decent interviewer would have asked to see the bruises, especially as he was wearing shorts. 

Probably gone all retro after the savage leg beating

Pin on Arsenal.

31 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Once Maguire said the police had been hitting him on the legs and saying his football career would be finished, any decent interviewer would have asked to see the bruises, especially as he was wearing shorts. 

You don't need bruises to be battered but he was battered.

Think the Greeks have every right to be pissed off. The narrative is that they are all corrupt as fuck. This coming from a country whose police used to round up Irish and Black men into the back of the marias and kick fuck out of them right up until the 80s and whose legal system fucked over not just the families of 96 at Hillsborough, but a whole club and city. A country basically run by toffs from Eton college to this day. Britain has no right to view itself as morally superior to Greece.

“He should really stay silent, not twist the truth and come up with fantasy tales,” Paradissis told the Guardian from Syros, the neighbouring Aegean island where the court hearing was held on Tuesday. “The court convicted him on all counts and that is because there was overriding evidence. There were six witnesses who gave exactly the same account of the events that evening. I find it very sad that Maguire continues not to acknowledge that people, police officers, were the victims of violence as a result of [his] actions. Violence can never be justified but he and Manchester United seem to be doing just that.”

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

“He should really stay silent, not twist the truth and come up with fantasy tales,” Paradissis told the Guardian from Syros, the neighbouring Aegean island where the court hearing was held on Tuesday. “The court convicted him on all counts and that is because there was overriding evidence. There were six witnesses who gave exactly the same account of the events that evening. I find it very sad that Maguire continues not to acknowledge that people, police officers, were the victims of violence as a result of [his] actions. Violence can never be justified but he and Manchester United seem to be doing just that.”

Ouch. It would appear the Greeks are not just going to bend over then.